[1.1.0][JamPacked (the first one and the best one)] Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
1.0.10 is up, hopefully THIS TIME it will have the igneous extruder. I swear, if something else is wrong with it...

Anyways, apologies to those ready to start their new world, I hope you can work around my derping.

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Downloaded, and it works correctly on a fresh map in 1.0.10.

Since everything seemed to be working ok otherwise and I'm reasonably far along and didn't want to restart from scratch, I went ahead and cheated one into the appropriate location. Bucket chains are fun to watch...

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Thanks. Downloaded, and it works correctly on a fresh map in 1.0.10.

Since everything seemed to be working ok otherwise and I'm reasonably far along and didn't want to restart from scratch, I went ahead and cheated one into the appropriate location. Bucket chains are fun to watch...
Honestly that's fair enough, it's my fault it ended up like that. Say, you can make golems pass fluids to each other via a tank, right?

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019
Probably. I used a drum, because at the time I completely forgot tanks exist. It's definitely possible to get lava from a magma crucible to the extruder. Now if only there were a second extruder, I could set up something pretty exciting...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Capt, i said i would do some testing on the farm. I have and trees will not grow in this field. you may get some growth but planting outside is give 300% more growth over inside. It seems the the warded stone give a invisible barr about 5-7 blocks high. Trees need 7+ high or so and that wide i think. You'll have to check the wiki. You might need to ether move the farm area to outside in a green house or ditch the warded stone for the farm plots and only use them for the animals. Hope this helps.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
that's not the warded stone, that was the quest gate blocks that vanish once you complete the quest, but they still exist, and appear to be blocked to anyone who hadn't cleared the quest. If I make a planting area outside, then I guess that'll be better for growing trees so long as there's no invisible blocks, but that would take quite some adjusting.

I had the idea that only the the 5 high trees would grow, or similar to that, but since it was pretty difficult to grow them otherwise, I added the watering can to help speed up the growth.

I think what I will do is make two farming areas, the one that exists currently, but at a cheaper price, and another that leads outside. I believe you can still grow trees in the inside area, but the new area would be pretty large. That will be 1.1.0 then in that case.

Also, do forgive me, as I have recently moved house and the only access to the internet I have is at a public library. Updates won't be frequent until I have some reliable internet.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
that's not the warded stone, that was the quest gate blocks that vanish once you complete the quest, but they still exist, and appear to be blocked to anyone who hadn't cleared the quest. If I make a planting area outside, then I guess that'll be better for growing trees so long as there's no invisible blocks, but that would take quite some adjusting.

I had the idea that only the the 5 high trees would grow, or similar to that, but since it was pretty difficult to grow them otherwise, I added the watering can to help speed up the growth.

I think what I will do is make two farming areas, the one that exists currently, but at a cheaper price, and another that leads outside. I believe you can still grow trees in the inside area, but the new area would be pretty large. That will be 1.1.0 then in that case.

Also, do forgive me, as I have recently moved house and the only access to the internet I have is at a public library. Updates won't be frequent until I have some reliable internet.
Sounds perfect. i think it has something to do with when the sapling is tagged to grow big it doesn't want to grow at all and i don't know if there is a way to reset that.

IGNnicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
I was testing the newest version and I noticed Leadstone Energy Cells turn in like Hardened Energy cells through the QDS, maybe change the quest to Leadstone cells and lower the reward or increase the number required?

Last edited:

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
ಠ_ಠ

I'm somewhat curious as to how you found that out, but part of me doesn't want to know. Anyways, one of the rules is to play the map as intended, I made that as the ultimate failsafe, in case things like this turns up. I can't change how HQM detects that (I think), so I dunno if I can change that, but I fully intended on that quest using invar, so that's a no-go, I'm afraid.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if this is a glitch or a derp, but I put a strongbox with a strongbox in a strongbox and it crashed my game.

I think that was clear, but just in case, I pit a strongbox in a strongbox, picked it up, and put it in another strongbox.

also, is it cheating to put inventory tweaks in this modpack?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Greatly enjoying this modpack! One question, is there a way to get the items from the areas behind the gates, out to be further processed without having to do it manually? (aka get wood to the pulverizers) I'd love to be able to get a few more things automated completely.

IGNnicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
ಠ_ಠ

I'm somewhat curious as to how you found that out, but part of me doesn't want to know. Anyways, one of the rules is to play the map as intended, I made that as the ultimate failsafe, in case things like this turns up. I can't change how HQM detects that (I think), so I dunno if I can change that, but I fully intended on that quest using invar, so that's a no-go, I'm afraid.
I was a derp, didn't read the quest all the way, panicked when my leadstone cell went into the QDS, noticed it counted o.o; Could leave it the same but require leadstone energy cells and 80 Invar Ingots?

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Greatly enjoying this modpack! One question, is there a way to get the items from the areas behind the gates, out to be further processed without having to do it manually? (aka get wood to the pulverizers) I'd love to be able to get a few more things automated completely.
nooo, those quest gates can be unlocked with the appropriate purchase, and I don't know of any other gates.

Anyways, feel free to add inventory tweaks, I didn't add it because I didn't think your inventory would get that clogged. Also, that's unfortunate to hear about your 'yo dawg I heard you like strongboxes'. If it helps, you can shove the strongboxes in a filing cabinet, they should work ok.

and ok nick, that seems reasonable, but I still think it should be hardened regardless. I would've thought people have set up a cyclic assembler by then.

Reactions: Liquid Klone

IGNnicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
Had a bit of trouble with growing trees they don't like the quest unlocked blocks, I think he meant golems don't path through the quest blocks once you've turned the quest in, I just put an inventory on the border and have another one extract from the other side. Haven't messed around with cyclic assemblers, at one point I was pretty far in the questline without em, all the pulverizers going and all but the final furance, igneous extruder, induction smelter, farmland and basic animal pen setup, main reason is I never used them in Thermal expansion and the only quest I'd really need it for is the flux capacitors but even that with a workbench and unlimited portable storage isn't too hard.

Had another issue I posted on Twitter one of the quest blocks for the livestock upgrade 1, is in the wall of the livestock upgrade 2 wall o_O https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx2F4sxCIAAC3d3.png:large
My pc crashes sometimes when I'm livestreaming or when I afk for a bit, anyhow the FTB launcher is failing to load until I downgrade versions and upgrade again and when I do that the main save gets overwritten. If anyone else has an unstable PC like me I recomend creating a new world when you start playing or renaming your worlds save file xD Nothing the cap'n can do about that though that's all on me.

Edit: Also this pack is awesome! I'd love there be a quest to turn in for and/or a random quest bag reward for a bunch of dispensers or droppers... I like to setup chains of golems in between chests 2 blocks apart, makes moving items super fast! But man is it loud, with all the chest hinges. Getting an igneous extruder for cobble going is fine or I can go out and mine some stone but that feels kinda dirty for this particular pack, to "upgrade" my chests to a smaller inventory in the name of silent automation is a lot of effort.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Yeah, I'll be making an update to the map once I get good internet, my map is on my desktop which isn't set up yet.

Also, can I take a look at your golem setup? I am intrigued.

IGNnicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
Can show you live I just got them setup again on my new map. twitch.tv/nicholasiv
nvm the live streaming man evolves being a pain in the Behind when it comes to streaming tonight... http://www.twitch.tv/nicholasiv/b/570068926 is just a quick little vid to show the golem setup. Like I said had to start over but even early on they aren't too bad price wise to setup a few.

Last edited:

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Wow, that's pretty damn fast. also I found it amusing that you actually let the snow golem loose, good job there.

IGNnicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I anvil-ed it to be Bob haha, he was an accountant for a while but he didn't stay in the office much so Bob from accounting is now Bob the Janitor.
Speed wise there's a Slight delay getting from one end to the other, but after that delay the speed is exactly the output speed of the pulverizer and the redstone furnace has no issue keeping up. Basically on pulverization you get 2 quick chest opens at each chest, then on smelt you get a constant chest open, chest close, chest open...

Camoe

Jul 29, 2019
You should make more packs like this including diffrent mods for automation and diffrent mods for processing. like metalergy for the currancy and hopper ducts for automation.