[1.1.0][JamPacked (the first one and the best one)] Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Thanks for the advice about the Thaumcraft essentia handling. Much easier :)

I finished the pack this morning. I found it a bit grindy towards the end, and there's no scope to really scale things up like I would in say Agrarian Skies. Because of the limited amount of space available and the restrictions on building.

Thanks for the pack, Capt'n. Great to see a completely different take on the quests :)

KeepOnDigging!

I'm glad you enjoyed this, I honestly see this map as a 'proof of concept' more than anything, but having it entertaining means a lot to me.

I don't know if this is a bug with the mode pack or just with thaumcraft itself, but it seems like the golem's have a tough time inputting items into filling cabinets from extra utilities. Instead if putting the items into the cabinet's the golem decided to sit in front of them with items in hand. I was using an empty core having it pull from a wood chest and I was trying to have them put the the items into the filling cabinets for easy storage of ingots. I haven't tried the fill core seeing as i would need more golems for the number of different ingots and item's like redstone, coal, diamonds, emeralds (which i dont even know if i can get them yet), ect...

I honestly didn't think about using the filing cabinets for other things, but I wouldn't have thought that you could use TC golems for that. I would've said bugging the modmakers, but the problem is that this uses outdated mods, so I don't think there's really any support, I'm afraid. If you really want to try that, then a hopper into a filing cabinet may work, but that's up to you.

reficulagi

Jul 29, 2019
I found a way around it using item ducts and a vanilla chest. Though with the small number of storage a filling cabinet can have i might end up putting the stuff into its own individual strong box then storing the strong box's in the filling cabinets them selves. Also do you have any plans on bringing this pack over to 1.7.10? With the new TE machines it would be interesting to see how it works with having 1 for upgrading the machine and 1 for getting more machines.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I think 1.7.10 would need a complete overhaul, which now that I have started university I am not prepared to do, unfortunately. I have so many other things that need to be done, I can barely spend time focusing on MC due to other stuff taking priority. I'll try and release new content every so often, but nothing I can guarantee.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Got the next episode up. I was moving so built the farm outside before your update. i am going to look at Capt farm on a new map and see if i want to up grade to the new version?

Bake

Jul 29, 2019
I have played and liked this modpack single player but I wished to play it with friends, neither of us are any good at making server files, is there any chance someone here has them or could make them for us.
much appreciated

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Got 2 episodes for you, A map Show case showing the new farm area Capt built and my newest episode where we do some farming.
Note: the Glitch is from the rendering which i have fixed by using the HD 1080p setting when i record the next ones. Enjoy!

Map show case:

Next Episode:

pie_flavor

Jul 29, 2019
You should totally use a tweaker mod to make it so you can't do anything against the rules, like removing the ability to place machines, and hoppers only on qds blocks or filing cabinets, not being able to put chests on the machines, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1414711560][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have played and liked this modpack single player but I wished to play it with friends, neither of us are any good at making server files, is there any chance someone here has them or could make them for us.
much appreciated
Have you tried using the Custom Lan mod?

Bake

Jul 29, 2019
You should totally use a tweaker mod to make it so you can't do anything against the rules, like removing the ability to place machines, and hoppers only on qds blocks or filing cabinets, not being able to put chests on the machines, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1414711560][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you tried using the Custom Lan mod?
il try thank you

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Next episode is up. It has some kind of sound feed back? Tryed to take it out but i have know clue what it is? Hope the video is still enjoyable?

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
My game just closed and didn't save (the world is just... gone), 1. what do you think happened and
2. Figured it out (how to get a new world), I assumed that since it started with a world it wouldn't make the factory upon new world...

Also, for the quest involving the candles, I got WAY to many resources for the quest, I got maybe enough to complete part 2 twice...

Last edited:

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Would this be suitable for someone who has never used golems before? I have watched a couple of videos on youtube but they always make it look easy. But it looks really interesting! If you think of me as a noob(Which I am...... not... but I am!), would the HQM actually teach me as I went along?

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Would this be suitable for someone who has never used golems before? I have watched a couple of videos on youtube but they always make it look easy. But it looks really interesting! If you think of me as a noob(Which I am...... not... but I am!), would the HQM actually teach me as I went along?
Um... maybe.

Depends on how much of a "noob" you are.

You are given a Thauminomicon with all the golem things unlocked...

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland

Oh, people are still on this thing!

Yeah, I'd say this is good for getting people to taste what it's like getting golems as you don't have to make them, instead you just purchase them. The quests themselves, no, as Pudding said, you can check the thaumanomicon on how to build and use the bell. Also, the map has been neglected since the end of JamPacked, and some of the quests aren't too balanced, but it should give you a good idea on how golems interact with machines.

For others who have played it, the later quests have generally been unrewarding I have gathered, so I would like people's feedback on how they can be improved.

Reactions: Pudding01

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Yes, Some people are still on "this thing" (wow, really selling this pack short...)
Also, that quest that involves the candles, are we supposed to get more resources that what's needed?
Eh, I dunno what I was thinking then, I may have given excess in case people wanted to light their office with candles. But you managed to complete the quest, so I see no biggie.

It would be appreciated if you told me about rewards for quests, whether it should reward more moneys or not.

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, people are still on this thing!

Yeah, I'd say this is good for getting people to taste what it's like getting golems as you don't have to make them, instead you just purchase them. The quests themselves, no, as Pudding said, you can check the thaumanomicon on how to build and use the bell. Also, the map has been neglected since the end of JamPacked, and some of the quests aren't too balanced, but it should give you a good idea on how golems interact with machines.

For others who have played it, the later quests have generally been unrewarding I have gathered, so I would like people's feedback on how they can be improved.

Yeah, well I tried but as soon as I start using the golems it crashes on me!

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
What happened? Did you place a golem on something in particular?

It was when I was shift right clicking golems to link them to machines/chests, it froze up for 2-3 seconds and then crashed. I did a fresh install and tried again thinking it might have been a corrupt download but same thing happened. Also I deleted the files so I haven't a crash report now =/.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
It was when I was shift right clicking golems to link them to machines/chests, it froze up for 2-3 seconds and then crashed. I did a fresh install and tried again thinking it might have been a corrupt download but same thing happened. Also I deleted the files so I haven't a crash report now =/.
Well, if it happens again, then get us a crash report.

classlessrook32

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
Note that because of the gate block, you can't use the top of any of the machines.
If you are having any difficulty with the QDS quests, try placing a hopper (or similar) next to it. This is the only exception I'll make to the 'no transportation blocks' rule.
There may be a bug with HQM about cooldown repeatable quests not showing correct timings, it seems to be a visual bug, but I am unsure if it is anything more. It is something I know of and can do nothing about.

Anyways, I have answered a question about the usage of strongboxes, and something else I came up with on the spot!
Feel free to use and abuse them as you see fit, so long as they don't conflict with the existing rules. Upgrading them is allowed, moving stuff in them is allowed too. It's not map breaking as really you can just shove it in your inventory and make a few trips otherwise.

However, you can choose to eschew my words and make it all the more challenging for yourself by only using chests and instead making a pile of strongboxes. It is up to you where you make your strongbox pile, but I want you to take screenshots of your strongbox pile and share it with the world! This, is the Strongbox Challenge! The most impressive pile of strongboxes I might even show off on the front page, so eternal glory can be yours! Or something.

Pile of the day: Falkner35's pile!
upload_2014-10-3_0-25-6-png.13056

Hello, one and all, this is a unique concept for a map (as far as I'm aware at least) where the objective of the map is not about survival or thrival, this is going to be an economy based map! with money! and golems!

You are the owner of a factory. Your objective is to make big bucks. However, you are not allowed to use pipes (or hoppers, I know what some of you are like). The whole idea of this map is to use golems to carry items from one place to another, and I know some of you are thinking "Oh god not more thaumcraft research," to which I am happy to reply that you are able to get golems through the magic that I call 'HQM economy simulator repeatable quests', or shops.

Rules that I have planned
  • Play on Peaceful, or at least without any mobs.
  • You cannot pick up or move the machines, You will only be allowed to move chests, strongboxes, and of course; Golems.
  • I would prefer it if there were no chests on the output sides of the machines, that's for the golems to pick up. Same goes with hoppers on input sides. However, It is acceptable to have such items when connecting to the QDS, as apparently Golems do not work well with them.
  • You are not allowed to make more machines, but you are allowed to craft tools, such as axes, hoes, and the golden bag of holding, for example.
  • If you find any loopholes, please notify me about it, and carry on playing the map as it was intended to be played.

9WNYLom.jpg

(I know it's a flat world, hopefully you won't be leaving the factory.)
NHsrbaF.png

it2Ltio.png

Lz1zxEj.png

K4I3jNN.png

UCIgYkQ.png

The beginnings of your new career!

YkOP1sH.png

Future Quest mindmap

z9dMdf1.png

7uP3rwU.png

Current images for the launcher, better ones would be appreciated.

Magzie explains the map very well, he also talks about earlygame strats. Would recommend.
THEM GOSH DERN KIDS BREAKING MY WALLS AND MY RULES BACK IN MY DAY WE zzzzzzzz
Another good highlight of the pack by MeatyLock.

Thaumcraft: Open so long as there is a link to the thread, Also Spreadsheet
CoFH Core: Open, Spreadsheet
Thermal Expansion: Open, Spreadsheet
Extra Utilities: Open, Spreadsheet
HQM: Gave permission for the Jam Packed competition

The modpack is now on the launcher! The code is: "capitalism"
maybe consider since you have lockdown as a mod make it a void world may help some people that have a really bad pc. because void worlds are not slow to generate if you understand this