rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Are you using microblocks with drawbridges for the bunker door? I've never been able to get them to work together, thought they were incompatible.
It certainly does look like it! Unless they are a type of Wall. Railcraft adds in a number of other walls in addition to vanilla's cobbletone wall - there may be an iron block wall possibly? Other than that, microblocks are the only thing I can think of.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Are you using microblocks with drawbridges for the bunker door? I've never been able to get them to work together, thought they were incompatible.

That's awesome looking! I just wish you would've recorded sound with it so you could've walked us through what everything did. I've never used the entity detector or the Random Things mod before...I'm going to look into those now.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Yeah those are Iron walls from Railcraft (I think). You can notice that they connect to the full sized blocks. If you want smaller ones you can use the Iron Fences from IC2.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've never used the entity detector or the Random Things mod before...I'm going to look into those now.
For some reason that is beyond my comprehension, those have been removed from Random Things in 1.7.10 onwards. So you will have to find another solution for it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For some reason that is beyond my comprehension, those have been removed from Random Things in 1.7.10 onwards. So you will have to find another solution for it.
While it's clearly a different functionality, I wonder whether Botania's Ender observer thing (that gives a redstone signal when you look at it) might be a reasonable substitute?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
While it's clearly a different functionality, I wonder whether Botania's Ender observer thing (that gives a redstone signal when you look at it) might be a reasonable substitute?
Sure, that could work. Set it up with something like a State Cell as a timer for how long you want the door to keep open, and you could have the door open on "sight". Hmm could possibly make some neat little "retina scanner" thingy with this :p

Lately I have been using the Redstone Block from CustomNPCs. It is a somewhat regular detector(like the Random Things one), but it doesn't seem to update as often. So doors will not be as responsive, but it still works.

For smaller stuff the Malisis Doors Sensors can also be used, IF the structure allows for their placement. Placing them on EnderIO redstone conduits makes things a whole lot easier btw(it allows for transmitting the redstone signals hidden through the block they are placed on).

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I think Pneaumaticraft has an entity detector. RFTools probably has several dozen by now, and if not, I'm sure they'll be added shortly.

I believe Railcraft's player Detectors work even if you're not in a minecart.

C

ConfusedGiraffe

IIRC the entity detector was only removed from 1.7.10. It is present in the newer versions but legacy support has been dropped entirely.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It is once again high time for some updates. I have been taking a bit of a break from the game, so not a whole lot of stuff(well perhaps there is, but that is due to me being lazy with the updates I suppose).

Tower is progressing nicely:
PylnSMd.png

hf72KBY.png

I spent a lot of time initially just laying out the basic architecture and planning things out, that way I can know what I have to work with as I move on.
It is far from done yet. Plan to put some spire(s), antennas or something on the top too.

The facade takes ages to make:
ZJKTbV5.png

But yes, that is kinda my own fault lol :p
I do really wish that there was a Wand of equal trade/Exchanger/whatever that could place Carpenter's blocks. Need to manually replace so many cobble blocks with the regular cubic blocks lol(doing it to control the connected textures of the glass).

Inside the "dome" at the foot of the tower:
Pj9UEVA.png

Not entirely sure about what the majority of the space here is going to be used for. A garden/plaza maybe?
But at the centre of the towers base I have started building/planning my ME Hub:

H2OTZkR.png

mgC4MMs.png

Inside I have slowly started adding/mapping out the actual ME components:
MpBWgHI.png

Here autocrafting clusters and controller.

Above, the storage area:
OJMhqFy.png

I really enjoyed using Storage Drawers with AE, so going to do that again. This time I have played around with disguising the Drawers to make them look more "ME" like(required a lot of ME grindstones :p).
So this "catwalk"(thanks to the Catwalk mod) is going to a mix of Storage Drawers, ME drives and some ME chests. Using my usual priority setup ;)

Up above, on the next floor of the tower actually:
z15K5FB.png

Plan is that this is going to be the ME control centre. It is going to house all the different Terminals and overview screens of relevant data.

GeO2D9U.png

All with easy access down through the centre of the ME hub by OpenBlocks Elevators.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
But.. you might have guessed it. The tower is not the only thing I have been working on:
2ssY3X6.png

Idea is that the tower is the nice polished and shiny headquarters. To support it all will be farms and various other complexes, including a mountain bunker complex close by. I plan this to house machines, power production etc.

And such a place needs and hanger/shuttle landing strip. And adjacent arrival centre:
uZThZu3.png

At the opposite side of the bunker complex, down towards the ocean and closer to the tower:
Ivkd8Tx.png

R7OJ0vw.png

This will be the staff and cargo entrance to the bunker. It will also be the main path leading from the tower to the bunker.
On the first picture you have the tower off to the left and the main bunker into the mountain ahead.

Built a "VIP" pathway from the arrival centre that eventually will lead to the tower:
y72cpAy.png

The inside of the bunker is very much WiP, but this commons/hub room is one of the most developed:
PzqrW0P.png

I experimented a bit with the Sky Blocks to give a fake sky feel. Not sure if it is too realistic. Maybe I can fix that somehow(put a layer of glass covers under it or something).

So far the rest of the place is just empty rooms that I am digging out and mocking up to try and plan out what goes where :p

As for the nooby starter cave, I have been stuffing some more tech and stuff into it:
Otvob8J.png

IC2 reactors(buffed a bit in this pack) for UU matter for Iridium(required in several tweaked recipes).

Mob farm:
DNrhiH9.png

Had set this up with MFR initially, but MFR Enchanter/disenchanter is tweaked a lot in terms of power usage(to be a endgame power sink I suppose). So ended up going with a Killer Joe for now.
Was lucky and got a Capitalist Enchant too, so made a new sword with it and now have a source of Emeralds ;)

And needed more RF power(I am personally not a fan of converting RF<->EU), so made a simple BR for now:
no2Jq4A.png

Used the simple 7x7x7 with the 3x3 fuel rod cluster, and then 2 buckets of Ender(using the flowing mechanics to cover it all).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
And.. there is more.
I am not alone in building in this world. So thought I would post some highlight of what the others have been doing:

Middleclaw:
XlTdete.png

Middleclaw settled on a large plains area west on my base site.

He also went with a octagon theme for the foundation:
HecVWlg.png

I think the diameter is slightly larger than the outer ring on my tower :p

But opposite to my base(mine is just going to be a walkway I think) he is creating real spaces for things inside the ring:
Outer walkway and connecting corridor:
u2CFoI3.png

Lab? Machine shop?
26mjUVG.png

Looks really nice whatever it is going to house ;)

Inner walkway:
2UvkRY2.png

I predict this is going to be a really nice view of whatever he plans to put in the middle.

Oraiz:
Oraiz have settled in a Mesa biome.
IMQEGOw.png

So far it seems to be a more industrial/military scifi theme.

XoCkxaC.png

Elevator up on the plateau, elevator down into the bunker/complex.

He is currently working on expanding the complex throughout the mountain/cliffs.