rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Futuristic/Scifi build using Nuts and Bolts

I have decided to start a new world based on the Nuts and Bolts pack from the Technic Launcher.
The pack have quite a lot of the right tech mods that I expect to want for the scifi/futuristic feel and a lot of building tools/resources.
It is somewhat heavily tweaked. I would think it falls somewhere in the middle between TPPI and Infinity. You don't struggle to make a bucket, but "milestone" items do require some thematic crossmod interaction(often multiple approaches are available).

As usual I altered the pack a bit. I would have pulled out more magic mods, but that broke the tweaks(to such extend that I could not be bothered to try and fix) :p
Removed mods:
  • CraftGuide - already got NEI
  • CraftHeraldry - medieval feel
  • Floocraft - magic
  • Infernal Mobs - MC is not a hack'n'slash
  • Mystcraft - Dont need it. RFtools is in the pack
  • Runic Dungeons - meh..
  • Torched - No... just no...
Added mods:
  • Binnies mods + Binnies Patcher - Need more bees!
  • CustomNPCs - Liked bringing more life to the builds
  • Aroma's Dimensional World - A place to mine etc. so Overworld isn't ruined.
I probably forgot about something, but those are the larger changes.

Have however so far found several minor bugs in the The Nuts and Bolts 3.3 that I based it on. Primarily minetweaker mistakes etc. that have been easy to fix "on the go". Nothing game breaking, just minor inconveniences. AFAIK there is a 3.5 coming out soon if anyone is interested, that might fix them.

On another front I have decided to test a new thing out. I have invited a few people to join me on this new world: Middleclaw, MrOraiz, rouge_bare and Yusunoha. Hopefully we might see some cool builds from these guys too in the future and possibly some collaborations.
This does not mean I am recruiting more people! I am not recruiting more people, do not bother to contact me about it!
I am sorry, but in order to keep things stable and work on the same project for so long, I cannot run it as an open server/invite anybody.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Start has been slow. Both due to the tweaked recipes and due to a complete server reset because I my derpiness :p
But here is a quick run-down of my progress so far:

I chose the seed because of this area:
53gM3VW.png

I marked out some ideas(some more developed than others).

Currently I am holed up in a little temporary bunker just above the "r" in "Bunker":
Ozk8pXk.png

I tried to pick a place to start out where I could prep for building the main features without being in the way.

So far a lot of early game stuff:
h12glxg.png

Set up the Logistics Pipes + Storage Drawer sorting system:
gO8nLBM.png

Super easy and gives me remote access to my stuff when out building.
Also automated oreprocessing and charcoal(for power) production.

More random noobie stuff:
nc1ueOy.png

Portals to Mining world and nether, enchanting, QED for magnum torches, 16 Steam Dynamos for newbie power, HDPE(behind the nether portal) setup since it is required for various "plastic" recipes.

Outside a little garden area:
WAjPpSa.png

Some Agricraft crops, spruce for charcoal, and very simple botania setup for tools/baubles.

And.. as you might have noticed on the map:
kK0KdTv.png

Just in the last couple days I started playing with cobble and carpenters to test out shapes for the main tower. I will of course replace the materials with proper ones once I finalize the shape(and pick the materials :p).

D

DireChyymeras

wow!, a good start :), really interested to see how playing with people goes, looking forward to this project

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow this thread became unwatched. I had a bit of time on my hands yesterday and watched a bit of your recorded stream. I was shocked to see so much progress without an update, bit it appears I've just been out of the loop.

As always, I'm excited to see where things go. And as always, your starter bunker puts my world to shame.

Reactions: rhn
J

Jake_99

and watched a bit of your recorded stream.

Hey, do you mind telling me where I can also watch this stream? I had a look through past posts but couldn't find it. Thank-you in advance

*also - amazing builds RHN, keep up the good work! =)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Hey, do you mind telling me where I can also watch this stream? I had a look through past posts but couldn't find it. Thank-you in advance

You can find a link to it in his signature.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

The link in his sig is the easy way. I followed RHN_MC on Twitch, so I have his brilliance in my pocket when I have time to watch.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
He plays on Survival

He accomplished all of that on Survival??? I'm still trying to figure out how to get past the beginning stages of Botania and Thaumcraft and he's making them look like child's play. I was about to start a creative world as a side project, assuming he did all of that on creative. Now I'm just gonna feel bad in my own survival world. o_O

Reactions: Steph32 and Inaeo

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Think how we feel and we play with him.

I had that experience last year. I setup the first advertised Infinity Evolved: Expert server on these forums, and I got really lucky and had 2 expert players join in with us. Within a day or two, we had every single TE, Ender IO, and IC2 machine built, fully-powered, and housed in a building that was safe from mobs by using Thaumcraft Warded Glass or something like that. I only kept the server up for Nov & Dec last year, but by the end, we had a fully built-out Thaumcraft redwood treehouse (took 4 redwoods to house it), full Botania, a Tier 7 and a Tier 5 DE energy ball, I couldn't tell you how many solar generators, ender quarries all over, fully-powered RFTools worlds...I'm talking, it looked like it had been built in creative mode. It still kills me to have taken down that world, but life happened and I had to move on. Over Christmas, we got to the point where no one was logging on because there wasn't much left to accomplish.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
He accomplished all of that on Survival??? I'm still trying to figure out how to get past the beginning stages of Botania and Thaumcraft and he's making them look like child's play. I was about to start a creative world as a side project, assuming he did all of that on creative. Now I'm just gonna feel bad in my own survival world. o_O

Whenever I look at this thread I feel bad for everything I ever built in MC, lol.

Reactions: Ieldra and JaRyCu
S

SteFFy

Start has been slow. Both due to the tweaked recipes and due to a complete server reset because I my derpiness :p
But here is a quick run-down of my progress so far:

I chose the seed because of this area:
53gM3VW.png

I marked out some ideas(some more developed than others).

Currently I am holed up in a little temporary bunker just above the "r" in "Bunker":
Ozk8pXk.png

I tried to pick a place to start out where I could prep for building the main features without being in the way.

So far a lot of early game stuff:
h12glxg.png

Set up the Logistics Pipes + Storage Drawer sorting system:
gO8nLBM.png

Super easy and gives me remote access to my stuff when out building.
Also automated oreprocessing and charcoal(for power) production.

More random noobie stuff:
nc1ueOy.png

Portals to Mining world and nether, enchanting, QED for magnum torches, 16 Steam Dynamos for newbie power, HDPE(behind the nether portal) setup since it is required for various "plastic" recipes.

Outside a little garden area:
WAjPpSa.png

Some Agricraft crops, spruce for charcoal, and very simple botania setup for tools/baubles.

And.. as you might have noticed on the map:
kK0KdTv.png

Just in the last couple days I started playing with cobble and carpenters to test out shapes for the main tower. I will of course replace the materials with proper ones once I finalize the shape(and pick the materials :p).
Futuristic/Scifi build using Nuts and Bolts

I have decided to start a new world based on the Nuts and Bolts pack from the Technic Launcher.
The pack have quite a lot of the right tech mods that I expect to want for the scifi/futuristic feel and a lot of building tools/resources.
It is somewhat heavily tweaked. I would think it falls somewhere in the middle between TPPI and Infinity. You don't struggle to make a bucket, but "milestone" items do require some thematic crossmod interaction(often multiple approaches are available).

As usual I altered the pack a bit. I would have pulled out more magic mods, but that broke the tweaks(to such extend that I could not be bothered to try and fix) :p
Removed mods:
  • CraftGuide - already got NEI
  • CraftHeraldry - medieval feel
  • Floocraft - magic
  • Infernal Mobs - MC is not a hack'n'slash
  • Mystcraft - Dont need it. RFtools is in the pack
  • Runic Dungeons - meh..
  • Torched - No... just no...
Added mods:
  • Binnies mods + Binnies Patcher - Need more bees!
  • CustomNPCs - Liked bringing more life to the builds
  • Aroma's Dimensional World - A place to mine etc. so Overworld isn't ruined.
I probably forgot about something, but those are the larger changes.

Have however so far found several minor bugs in the The Nuts and Bolts 3.3 that I based it on. Primarily minetweaker mistakes etc. that have been easy to fix "on the go". Nothing game breaking, just minor inconveniences. AFAIK there is a 3.5 coming out soon if anyone is interested, that might fix them.

On another front I have decided to test a new thing out. I have invited a few people to join me on this new world: Middleclaw, MrOraiz, rouge_bare and Yusunoha. Hopefully we might see some cool builds from these guys too in the future and possibly some collaborations.
This does not mean I am recruiting more people! I am not recruiting more people, do not bother to contact me about it!
I am sorry, but in order to keep things stable and work on the same project for so long, I cannot run it as an open server/invite anybody.

Hi rhn... i'm a new member of the forum... i have seen all your posts... and i like your minecraft's projects :) :) :) Do you have a YouTube Channel??? :)