rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A new college of magic have opened in the castle, Witchery:
tBfDCez.png

PKXuwW0.png

HXcBFkG.png

The circle of witches brought with them and cultivated all kinds of green stuff around their ritual site:
10Idmz2.png

579DHgL.png

Well shielded from the weather, everything seemed to have thrived even in this cold. Perhaps a touch of magic is involved...

For a cold mountain top, I managed to boost the altar up pretty good:
wWMJmdv.png

The adjacent house got all the essentials for a practising witch:
For boiling and brewing:
ZkYo98I.png

Cooking and distilling:
yiBZZlN.png

And reading:
I6aMfL4.png

(and playing with dolls)

On a slightly similar front I forgot to mention that I braved The Outer Lands and snatched myself a Primordial Pearl. With that I made myself an Advanced Alchemical Furnace:
CX4vi2G.png

No more waiting for Essentia to distil down.
Got it hooked up to both pipe system and golem x2. Because I can...

And of course this new furnace needed some new vis supply:
YgaQ739.png

I guess the old main node could have done, but did not want to sacrifice wand recharge time, so set up three dedicated energized nodes for the furnace.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Good news!
A major milestone have been reached(it feels like that at least). I have finally finished the walls all the way around the castle! It has been a long grind that is finally done :p
I have even decorated them with a bit of detailing and NPCs.

To celebrate this occasion, I have made this little video showing a fly-over and walk of the walls all around the castle:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Have been absent for a while. Felt I needed a break from the game. But back and got some new progress to show off.

At this point of the "worlds lifespan", I feel like I am just finishing up a few cosmetic builds that I feel like I want to get done before I eventually move on.

I added a bit of features to the village smithy:
oBJThhd.png

MzPfcMX.png

The structure is actually two TiCo smelteries that are one block wide(I dug them down into the ground to give them both 12 slots). In addition to being cosmetic I have automated them to craft gears of various kinds, as well as Aluminum Brass Ingots/Blank Casts. I built two smelteries to avoid alloys if making gears of different materials at the same time, but in order to make both Aluminum Brass Ingots and Blank Casts with the same two smelteries I had to compromise. So technically if I happen to be making Tin gears and Aluminum Brass at the same time, Bronze might happen...
It is hooked up to the ME network back at castle through a Quantum Ring(bit overkill for this, but suspect I might use it for other things too).

In addition to the smithy I have also decorated various locations around the town:
Apothecary:
8QOIZ2v.png

Furniture shop:
6BMTre9.png

ZkXi3yV.png

Tailor's shop:
ZFbf0Rl.png

General merchant:
50rZTjC.png

Also added a new Magical goods shop in the town square:
uyMSqcV.png

A4LioIM.png

In addition to arcane items the shop also offers Teleportation services:
Hfe1kSs.png

(the Witchery circle etc. is just cosmetic, the teleportation is done with Custom NPCs Transport role)
The Teleportation service links up with counterparts at the castle(WIP) and these other locations:
Botania forest lodge:
tu0lt7A.png

WIP new project location:
pns69hq.png

And as you might have noticed I had put actual Villagers back into the town.
6N4TpDY.png

I wasn't sure for a while if I wanted to or not, but realised that I would never get around to populating it with Custom NPCs.
The Villagers are... well Villagers... Derpy as heck. I stuck some in Bear Traps around the town(behind counters in shops) to encourage them to spread out a little. Before that they all piled into the same house in one corner of the town(first it was an outdoor toilet(I changed the doors to Carpenter's to stop that), then the Apothecary shop(something nasty must have been going on in that toilet...)).
As for the Iron golems, they just pile up in the river...

D

DireChyymeras

glad to see some more of this world :) do you have any plans for your next project?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Finally decorated the "Cathedral":
ZyDxvkj.png

Added some guards and statues:
MD3zOBS.png

The statues are also Custom NPCs with no living animation etc, hence the bit crappy texture...

Room for a feast:
vbshs9s.png

And a stage for some entertainment:
ANJjlQB.png

And of course a throne:
IuvVfct.png

(yeah, I replaced the carpet between shots :p Discovered the new texture of the vanilla carpets(used to be just wool texture) and got an idea)

Played a bit with the Extra Trees Glass Worker:
l7kcSaK.png

Not sure about the colour. Could not figure out how to make them just clear/black, so ended up with the cyan.

Also built a bedroom in the main tower(the clocktower):
X79rfVX.png

9mrYaJm.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do Iron Golems drown?
It is only one block deep water, so not a problem no matter what :p
You can just see the back of a golem behind the barrel of green apples in the market square pic. They all end up right there for some reason.

do you have any plans for your next project?
I know I am going tech, and most likely Sci Fi.
I also sort of have a build design in mind. Rough outlines at least. The terrain I end up being able to find will have a large impact on that of course.

I kinda wish we were a couple months(probably more) further ahead and there were lots of 1.9 packs to choose from, but I think I might have to pick a 1.7 pack and go with that until a stable (and suitable to my expectations) 1.9 pack presents itself(which is probably going to be a long time).

I have looked a bit at Nuts and Bolts on the Technic Launcher as a basis, but not really settled on anything.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The Cyan on the windows work. If you look at a pure white wall, it actually looks blue. So this being made out of that bright marble, means the lighting would actually be bluish, so the cyan windows is correct, but it also makes them appear to glow slightly, as though light is coming through.

Depending on the terrain you want, Highlands might be a good biome pack to go with. It really adds a lot of vertical variation. Though it's large meadows biomes are extremely flat.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The Cyan on the windows work. If you look at a pure white wall, it actually looks blue. So this being made out of that bright marble, means the lighting would actually be bluish, so the cyan windows is correct, but it also makes them appear to glow slightly, as though light is coming through.

Depending on the terrain you want, Highlands might be a good biome pack to go with. It really adds a lot of vertical variation. Though it's large meadows biomes are extremely flat.

I think you meant this being the grey cobblestone bricks ;) But get your point exactly. Also when the sun rises it produces a rather amazing effect in the large window over the throne.

And I am pretty sure I will be going with either RTG or ATG + Streams. I kinda liked how that turned out in Nuts and Bolts's terrain gen.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I think you meant this being the grey cobblestone bricks ;) But get your point exactly. Also when the sun rises it produces a rather amazing effect in the large window over the throne.

And I am pretty sure I will be going with either RTG or ATG + Streams. I kinda liked how that turned out in Nuts and Bolts's terrain gen.

I think the cyan fits the windows perfectly. Before significant breakthroughs in purification, the vast majority of windows had a slightly greenish blue tint to them due to remnants of metals in the sand (iron in particular gave a green hue). I think this fits the aesthetics of the build quite nicely.

As always, stellar work. The touches inside the shops truely made me take a moment. Once again, I find myself wanting to live in your world. Second to none, Good Sir.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Give Highlands a chance. The world I'm in now is Huge Islands, and the verticals are quite amazing. Though RTG has some pretty epic mountains.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
rtg supports highlands and bop
We are talking world gen, not biomes.

Give Highlands a chance. The world I'm in now is Huge Islands, and the verticals are quite amazing. Though RTG has some pretty epic mountains.
Highlands is all right. I don't find it great. It is IMO a steppe above BoP and below ATG/RTG for me.
And there is the issue of its biomes not being covered by Soartex. Bit of a downer...

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I'm confused about the barrels and the things on the tables... How did you do that?

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk