[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Is it me or is anyone else having the most hardest time trying to get sugar cane. I'm trying to mutate seeds, and carrot seeds to get the sugar cane, but it's not working. And yes I am using the double cross when trying to get the mutation. I've been at this for like two REAL LIFE days =/ Any help?

Liquid Klone is right be sure to use sand for the cactus and sugar cane. btw, you are not alone, I did same thing for a while trying to make cactus :)

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, on a LAN world, we partied up and proceeded to play. over the next few days, I logged my coworker on and he was fine, I proceeded to play and accept quests. today, he logged in and found himself back at spawn with only the two books in his inventory, I assured him that he was alive and well in our base when I logged off yesterday. he proceeded to make new tools and continued to play. he was having frame rate issues so we logged and added fastcraft. when we logged back in, he spawned in where I had left him yesterday and his inventory was what he had on him at that point. so, it is like he has two player files, one from yesterday and one from today. it was really weird how he went back to his other inventory. his quest book has progressed with each log. when he logged in today and found no inventory, he got a quest book and it showed that he had 9 quests, he completed them and continued. after we added fastcraft and re logged in, his quest book has kept his progression, it is only his inventory that is not saving.. just wanted to let you know what was happening, he will empty his char into a chest before he logs again. as all of that inventory is fine. just his inventory is bugged

I posted this a few pages back and was hoping someone knew what was happening to cause this or how to fix it.
Thanks

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It's worth noting that mutations only seem to happen when both crossbreeding plants are mature. Don't pick your crops if you're crossbreeding!

I wish someone had told me this yesterday! Took me 2-3 hours to get a Sugarcane and a Mandrake because... I kept harvesting them thinking the opposite, that a mutation would only occur when they were at 0% maturity. LOL Thank you for explaining.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
yeah this confused me for a while too.

You need to find "grass" block, usually near the ocean, and bonemeal that.

Thank you. I've been looking for this "long grass" mentioned in the Quest Book and since Mutandis isn't working on "Tall Dead Grass" I've been a bit stumped this morning at what to do to get my first sapling. I didn't even know there was oceans, all I see is the same thing as far as my eyes can see - dead stuff.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is it me or is anyone else having the most hardest time trying to get sugar cane. I'm trying to mutate seeds, and carrot seeds to get the sugar cane, but it's not working. And yes I am using the double cross when trying to get the mutation. I've been at this for like two REAL LIFE days =/ Any help?

One thing I did was to place a water block directly next to the sand with the double-crop thing... because I knew Sugarcane only grows if it is adjacent to water (in vanilla Minecraft). Not sure if this is why it worked, but as I stated above, it still took a couple of hours for a sugarcane to appear. One way to speed it up would be to have multiple wheat/carrot combinations set up with the double crops (and perhaps the water blocks if they are really necessary).

I'm trying to figure out how to get more sugarcane seeds without doing the mutation thing. I still only have one sugarcane growing, but it only grows to one-block-tall so I only get one piece every time I harvest it. I want to get at least 16 sugarcanes growing but I can't figure out how to get the seeds easily. The Agriculture Journal isn't any help explaining the process, or explaining very much of anything except the different growth stages which doesn't really help me.

Last edited:

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
OK, question about agricraft. I thought to improve my seeds, I needed to crossbreed in a 2x2 area with my crops on each corner, and double crops on another corner. But wouldn't a + shape with your best seed in the center be the best way to get the 10 10 10 crops? I'm aware of the passive large plot style, but I think I prefer the active small plot style.

After posting this I went outside, and was thinking about my game, and thought, wouldn't it be funny and awesome if progressive automation was in the pack? I came back and checked. It is!

Last edited:

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
OK, question about agricraft. I thought to improve my seeds, I needed to crossbreed in a 2x2 area with my crops on each corner, and double crops on another corner. But wouldn't a + shape with your best seed in the center be the best way to get the 10 10 10 crops? I'm aware of the passive large plot style, but I think I prefer the active small plot style.

After posting this I went outside, and was thinking about my game, and thought, wouldn't it be funny and awesome if progressive automation was in the pack? I came back and checked. It is!

For all of my agricraft plots I use two 3x3 plots next to eachother. One filled with crap seeds and the other only going around the outside edge like a "U" with my best seed in it to get my 10's

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Best way to upgrade crops is in a 4x4 square, plant in one corner and inevitably the opposite corner (not always though) tends to be the best. Planting in a 2x2 is not productive as the first mutation may not upgrade (twice) so often ends up on the opposite end with only a +1.

Straight line is better than a 2x2 but the 4x4 is by far the best way.

jahmaican

Jul 29, 2019
Umm so I have an issue with missing textures - some even basic mod blcoks/items have texture that is just 2x2 pixels (dead wood - 1489, 1490), completely one colored (slate - 1491) or don't have a texture at all (dead wood - 5131).

Attaching a screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/1tMTloO.png

What do I do?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Umm so I have an issue with missing textures - some even basic mod blcoks/items have texture that is just 2x2 pixels (dead wood - 1489, 1490), completely one colored (slate - 1491) or don't have a texture at all (dead wood - 5131).

Attaching a screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/1tMTloO.png

What do I do?

Quadrum textures are in a really strange place, you may have deleted them by accident - check for Regrowth\minecraft\config\Quadrum\block\textures (contains dead wood tree textures) and Regrowth\minecraft\config\Quadrum\item\textures (contains deadwood, plates and a couple of other things). Those folder should contain small .png files which are the textures from quadrum.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019

You crazy, there's no Progressive Automation included in this pack... :)

As for breeding, I've spent way too much time working out different breeding methods, and it boils down to how much time you want to spend tending and whether or not you want to have substantial harvest during the breeding period.
The plus sign with the best seed in the center is the quickest to 10/10/10, but also requires the most work (analyzing each seed as it grows, keeping track of which of the 5 seeds to replace with the new seed) and provides the least amount of harvestable crops - 1 harvest per new seed whenever the new seed is better than a planted seed.
With a simple 2x2 square, you can get away with less work (when the two new seeds are grown, get rid of their parents and plant cross crops, letting it toggle back and forth). You don't have to analyze seeds in this case, but you're still limited to 1 harvest per new seed.
The passive method (in most cases) results in less than optimal stat increases, but plants that remain rooted can get harvested repeatedly and require little maintenance until the garden is full.

I've found a good medium in diagonal fields of overlapping 2x2 squares (though this will be less effective in 0.70), as shown in the spoiler. Very compact and almost guarantees the best seeds are interbreeding. You can stretch it out to whatever length you want to determine how often you have to replant, and there's plenty of available non-breeding crops so you can still harvest while you breed, until you replant.
o3hg3Cd.jpg

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
A question. What mods are in here to automatically harvest crops? I have alot of 101010's being sprinkled and they seem to be ready to harvest again in the time it takes me to run to storage and put my winnings away

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
A question. What mods are in here to automatically harvest crops? I have alot of 101010's being sprinkled and they seem to be ready to harvest again in the time it takes me to run to storage and put my winnings away
Thaumcraft golems are the earliest option for harvesting that I'm aware of. However with a few iron, netherrack and some metal blocks for the Tool Forge, you can make a scythe to harvest a 3x3, and a rudimentary sorting system with BC pipes, at which point you can harvest 9x faster, drop everything into one chest, and head off to do other things. :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Odd behavior... been playing my single-player world for two days. Cannot find "long grass", so I decide to copy my /seed so I can duplicate my world and go into creative mode and fly around until I can find some.

When I enter the new world... there are no trees at all. None of the Quadrum dead wood stuff. So I think "oh great, I messed up the install (like Bobster said in his post above)... so I go back into my regular game, and all the trees are there. All the dead wood textures are intact, apparently. What is going on here? Does creative mode mess up the Quest Mode modpacks?

Oh, I did "enable cheats" so I could type /gamemode 1 and fly around... does "enable cheats" mess up the modpack? The landscape is still exactly the same, but the chunks are taking forever to load in. I think the game knows I'm cheating and it's not happy about it. LOL I shut down FTB entirely and restarted it, but that didn't change anything. Still no trees, and still very long chunk loading times.

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Odd behavior... been playing my single-player world for two days. Cannot find "long grass", so I decide to copy my /seed so I can duplicate my world and go into creative mode and fly around until I can find some.

When I enter the new world... there are no trees at all. None of the Quadrum dead wood stuff. So I think "oh great, I messed up the install (like Bobster said in his post above)... so I go back into my regular game, and all the trees are there. All the dead wood textures are intact, apparently. What is going on here? Does creative mode mess up the Quest Mode modpacks?

Oh, I did "enable cheats" so I could type /gamemode 1 and fly around... does "enable cheats" mess up the modpack?
I've used creative and enable cheats plenty, and haven't had a problem. Were you on an island in an ocean biome?

jahmaican

Jul 29, 2019
Quadrum textures are in a really strange place, you may have deleted them by accident - check for Regrowth\minecraft\config\Quadrum\block\textures (contains dead wood tree textures) and Regrowth\minecraft\config\Quadrum\item\textures (contains deadwood, plates and a couple of other things). Those folder should contain small .png files which are the textures from quadrum.

They are all there and what's strange when I run the game the log complains about some missing textures, but not the actual Quadrum ones:
http://pastebin.com/MAyJ9Z1z
I fiddled with Quadrum config file a bit (well, switched all the available options to true) but that didn't help at all. Now I'm sad.

Edit: The textures aren't even really missing, it's like it uses top left 2x2 px area of the texture (and with dead planks they are transparent).

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've used creative and enable cheats plenty, and haven't had a problem. Were you on an island in an ocean biome?

No, definitely not on an island. The reason I'm using my method is because someone said "long grass" is near oceans, and I've gone every direction (N, NE, E, SE, S, etc.) as far as I can go in 1/2 of a minecraft day (so I can get back home safely) and can't find any oceans. I need to figure out where they are because I cannot progress the game further without completing the sapling quest.

Oh this is odd... now that I've flown out a ways, trees are starting to appear. But still none near my base area. Bizarre. I guess just forget my post, I'll get thru this and go back to my regular game once I find an ocean. I fear I've started in a very bad location (very far from an ocean biome), but random is random. sigh

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
No, definitely not on an island. The reason I'm using my method is because someone said "long grass" is near oceans, and I've gone every direction (N, NE, E, SE, S, etc.) as far as I can go in 1/2 of a minecraft day (so I can get back home safely) and can't find any oceans. I need to figure out where they are because I cannot progress the game further without completing the sapling quest.

Ah, I think I've seen naturally spawned long grass once in the 25-30 worlds I've generated. You'll be much better off placing dirt, applying a pasture seed, then applying bonemeal to get the long grass.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, I did "enable cheats" so I could type /gamemode 1 and fly around... does "enable cheats" mess up the modpack? The landscape is still exactly the same, but the chunks are taking forever to load in. I think the game knows I'm cheating and it's not happy about it. LOL I shut down FTB entirely and restarted it, but that didn't change anything. Still no trees, and still very long chunk loading times.

Anything that looks like grass can be punched ... either brown or yellow, short or tall. All seem to have the same chance of dropping something.

Remember tall grass is the one block variety, not the double-tall grass.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I think I've seen naturally spawned long grass once in the 25-30 worlds I've generated. You'll be much better off placing dirt, applying a pasture seed, then applying bonemeal to get the long grass.

Oh! Thank you, I will try that for sure. I have a three pasture seeds but didn't know what they did. Finding an ocean is an exercise in frustration and futility.

Perhaps the game (or Quest Book) can explain this process a bit better because it has entirely confused me and brought my game to a screeching halt, unfortunately.

Well I see what pasture seeds do now. Thank you so much for assisting me!

Last edited: