[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Also haven't tested the .14 version but in .13 horizontal beams are not craftable any way to fix this.
Horizontal beams are no longer a craftable item in TFC...but then again, neither are vertical. There's just beams without any qualifier now. You just place them on the ground to make a vertical pillar, and then place on the side of a pillar to make a horizontal beam between the vertical ones.

Nemsun

Jul 29, 2019
Giving this Modpack a run for the first time in my First Season of a Survivor Series.
I have read the wiki, watched a few videos over the last year on TerraFirmacraft.
See how I get on and please comment if I miss something, but don't give spoilers to my viewers (I have read the Wiki)

OneWolfe, I put a few links in the Description for you, hope more people find this Modpack.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Giving this Modpack a run for the first time in my First Season of a Survivor Series.
I have read the wiki, watched a few videos over the last year on TerraFirmacraft.
See how I get on and please comment if I miss something, but don't give spoilers to my viewers (I have read the Wiki)

Thanks for letting me know. I really love watching any LPs or Live Streams of TFC :D
I will definitely stop by and comment, and will try very hard not to reveal too much.
Just to let you know, the pack is still in beta and I have some minor kinks to work out, like turning off the hearts in WAILA.
Most of the quests work, but the pages will appear blank until the players earn enough reputation to reveal the later quests, so it is tier based like TFC and can be somewhat linear.

Thank you very much for giving this pack a try and for the links,
OneWolfe-

Void_Guardian

Jul 29, 2019
Umm this may be a stupid question but how do i download the server? the server button is grayed out on the launcher.

StarSyth

Jul 29, 2019
to install a server - install a minecraft forge server, then copy the mods/config/scripts from the singleplayer install (removing any client side mods)

I've recently installed it onto a server myself. Having a few issues but its playable. This really needs a wiki/webpage as well as its own texturepack imo. This could be a big pack if it had alittle more support :) keep up the good work.

One quick question however, Are you suposed to be attacked by 100 zombies during the night with 1600hp? because its consuming all my daytime trying to kill them and then night happends and it starts all over again xD

edit: Also, in the current version, HQM is set to editmode so you cannot open the book.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Umm this may be a stupid question but how do i download the server? the server button is grayed out on the launcher.

Is it doing that for every version, or just the most recent?
It should be possible to patch together a server copy from the client mods.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently installed it onto a server myself. Having a few issues but its playable. This really needs a wiki/webpage as well as its own texturepack imo. This could be a big pack if it had alittle more support :) keep up the good work.

One quick question however, Are you suposed to be attacked by 100 zombies during the night with 1600hp? because its consuming all my daytime trying to kill them and then night happends and it starts all over again xD

edit: Also, in the current version, HQM is set to editmode so you cannot open the book.

I do have a few video tutorials, but none are really very in depth. I would like to record a walkthough at some point, probably once I have added all of the intended features.

The huge horde of mobs each night is from ZombieAwareness, simply disable it for the normal TFC mod AI, or adjust the configs to reduce the hording and tracking ranges.

I apologize about the HQM setting, I must have forgot to reset it before uploading the last update :(

This month I have been on a bit of a break from working on this pack, but with the increased interest recently I am back on it and hope to have the next update out before the end of the month :D

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

Void_Guardian

Jul 29, 2019
Is it doing that for every version, or just the most recent?
It should be possible to patch together a server copy from the client mods.

Yeah none of the other versions are working either. I have tried to make the server myself but I must have gotten something wrong because when i tried to run it it crashed. do you think you could list which mods i need to put in the server files and which ones i can leave out? im have never really had to do this myself, i usually just download the server files set up the basics and hit run. also I noticed the current version left the quest book in edit mode. any idea how to fix that?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah none of the other versions are working either. I have tried to make the server myself but I must have gotten something wrong because when i tried to run it it crashed. do you think you could list which mods i need to put in the server files and which ones i can leave out? im have never really had to do this myself, i usually just download the server files set up the basics and hit run. also I noticed the current version left the quest book in edit mode. any idea how to fix that?

I apologize, and do not understand why the server DL would not be working :(

I am only seeing three mods that need to be removed for the server version.
  • [1.7.10]bspkrsCore-universal-6.14
  • [1.7.10]ArmorStatusHUD-client-1.27
  • SoundFilters-0.4_for_1.7.X
To change HQM edit mode the file can be found in \config\hqm\ and the file is called editmode.cfg. There is only one setting in that file so make sure it is set like this. B:UseEditor=false

Void_Guardian

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry i meant to ask what mods should i put in the server. and which mods from the single player mod list i should leave out, and thank you for the help.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Today I am working on quests for the Necromancy Mod and have discovered that I can tweak the properties of the crafted together minions. I am wondering if I should give the minions a small chance to turn into a hostile mob or even a boss. This would give the mod a bit of risk of having everything go terribly wrong :D

Alywiz

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get a working server file set? Tried uploading the single player files to a remote host like you said without those certain files, but it says it is missing files.

22.02 15:28:15 [Server] INFO Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.Main

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get a working server file set? Tried uploading the single player files to a remote host like you said without those certain files, but it says it is missing files.

22.02 15:28:15 [Server] INFO Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.Main

WOW! I have your profile picture up on the wall in my office :D

Yeah, FTB does not include the minecraft server or the forge files since most hosting sites should provide those.

Try setting up a basic TFC server first and then start dropping in the client mods from my pack. This is actually the method I go through everytime I build the server zip file.

Alywiz

Jul 29, 2019
Its a great poster. :D

I had to pull the forge server jars from a different pack and the libraries from the main ftb directory but that got it working.

Void_Guardian

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else getting this issue with the terrafirmapunk download server option greyed out? me and all my friends are getting it. if not could someone please send me a link or the files themselves? i really want to put this server up for me and my friends.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have submitted the issue with the server DL not working to the FTB staff. They have replied and will be re-uploading version 0.0.14 to see if that will fix the problem. So version 0.0.15 will now be a copy of version 0.0.14.

I apologize for all of the issues this has caused and greatly appreciate everyone's help and patients :D

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
TerraFirma Punk thoughts:

Downloaded TerraFirma Punk late last week and have played a few days - long enough to have worn through a few copper tools but not long enough to have a copper anvil. Here are my thoughts:

First, wow. Thanks for your efforts OneWolfe - as is TF Punk is playable and very enjoyable.

Where do I start? Following is a list of thoughts in no order of importance - writing this on a phone on a bus, for what it's worth.

HQM - this is what prompted me to play TF Punk in the first place. Had fun with Crash Landing and have since thought that TFC could use the HQM. Still some bugs to work out - for example HQM gave me credit for completing some of the tools after crafting the clay mold, but before crafting the tool from the mold. <- I appologise for the horrid "bug report". I just wasn't concerned with it at the time.

Zombie Awareness / Infernal Mobs: I'm torn on this one. First part of me really loves the additional challenge. I've had "super-jump" Steam Powered Zombies "fly" over my fence to chase me down. I've had infernal I-have-no-idea-what-it-was-because-I-was-to-busy-fleeing-in-terror shoot fireballs at me. I came back after yet another night spent out on a boat to find my first shelter burned to the ground from that one. And these are actually the things that make me want to keep these mods! But the hording is too much. It's like Crash Landing - you really just can't go out at night. TFC's spawn protection is irrelevant, they just track in from afar and call reinforcements. If I don't get a special mob that jumps my fence or shoots death rays out of his eyeballs at me (to chase me back out to the boat for the evening) in the morning there are upwards of 40+ zombies crowded outside my fence. I realize I can play with the configs to modify this - or just disable them - I'm not asking you to change anything just wanted to give you one more player's perspective.

I'm my ideal TFC night the following parameters apply: 1. boats are disabled, to cheaty to just hop on a boat and be safe from all. 2. Beds don't pass the night - zombies happen - deal with it. 3. There are few enough mobs that one can conceivably play run - away all night long. 4. With TFCs spawn protection and a good fence you'll probably only see a zombie or two at night - perhaps a skeleton shoots at you - or a spider (in vanilla TFC spiders are the most dangerous of all in my opinion). I barely see spiders at all in my world as currently configured.

Ruins: very cool. I like the addition. But I think they're to frequent - I modified the configs to make them quite rare in my world. (1024 blocks min between ruins). Sounds like a lot but keep in mind even with that I've still found a second ruin before finding anything but schist!

I added Jabba. I know, kind of against the whole tfc inventory stacks and weights and such - but the game is a game, and managing a ton of dirts/stone/whatever just because things don't stack just isn't fun for me. I'd rather be fleeing from fireball shooting, flying, regenerating, steam powered zombies. I minetweaked the jabba recipies to craft with a tfc plank (instead of a slab) with a tfc chest and tfc logs. I minetweaked the upgrade to be a shapeless tfc vat, tfc barrel, and jabba barrel (instead of 2x piston and jabba barrel). I set the upgrades to use plank, copper ingot, bronze sheet, and blue steel sheet in order (for only 4 upgrades). I also set the minecraft:fence in the jabba config to be any tfc chest.

Mapwriter doesn't keep my waypoints from session to session. It even starts over new - only showing on the map the area right nearby - from session to session. I've not gotten into Atlas Map yet. I hope that nerfing map writer is intentional so that Atlas Map use is relevant.

I added Glenn's Gases. I've not yet had anything blow up spectacularly on me yet - but the anticipation is tingling! I added it after initial world-gen and have never used it in any other world - so it's a complete unkown to me. It might require some tweaking - I don't know?

Yeah - of course there should be a chance that necromancy minions will turn on you! <- just my two cents.

Appologies for the unstuctured run-on. I'll keep playing TFPunk and perhaps post more thoughts after a few more tiers of play.

Thanks again to the TerraFirma Punk crew - job well done.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
TerraFirma Punk thoughts:

Downloaded TerraFirma Punk late last week and have played a few days - long enough to have worn through a few copper tools but not long enough to have a copper anvil. Here are my thoughts:

First, wow. Thanks for your efforts OneWolfe - as is TF Punk is playable and very enjoyable.

Where do I start? Following is a list of thoughts in no order of importance - writing this on a phone on a bus, for what it's worth.

HQM - this is what prompted me to play TF Punk in the first place. Had fun with Crash Landing and have since thought that TFC could use the HQM. Still some bugs to work out - for example HQM gave me credit for completing some of the tools after crafting the clay mold, but before crafting the tool from the mold. <- I appologise for the horrid "bug report". I just wasn't concerned with it at the time.

Yeah - of course there should be a chance that necromancy minions will turn on you! <- just my two cents.

Appologies for the unstuctured run-on. I'll keep playing TFPunk and perhaps post more thoughts after a few more tiers of play.

Thanks again to the TerraFirma Punk crew - job well done.

Actually I found this post to be extremely useful, thank you. :D

There are still a lot of the features that I have not been able to play/stress test at all this year, specifically the zombie hording rates. I have disabled some of the extremely nasty Infernal Mob effects like the disarm and knock-you-into-the-air-to-die-of-extreme-fall-damage (since fall damage in TFC is really OP) abilities. But if some of them are causing serious problems in-game I would like to hear about them as well.

Zombie Awareness has a very different AI that once learned can actually be used to your advantage. Try setting up decoys or various simple traps and defenses to keep the hordes away from your base. TFC spawn protection does not stop the hording or summoning help effects, but once a small town or perimeter is established the mobs really didn't seem that bad when I tested the default settings. New maps, and new players seem to get seriously over run very quickly tho.
If you are able to adjust the hording and spawn rate settings to something more like Day-Z instead of Left-4-Dead, I would love to give them a try in the next update.

Most of the storage mods really break the basic idea behind TFC storage so I have tried to stay away from them as much as possible. The Bibliocraft shelves on the other hand are superb in my opinion :D

I had originally wanted to call this pack "Ruins of TerraFirmaPunk" and have all of the ruins clustered together like villages or cities, but the mod just dosnt work very well that way. I will consider increasing the rates a bit in the next update.

BUGS: Can you be more specific which quest is giving you the premature completion? I am guessing it is the copper tools. I find that recorded Video examples of the bugs or even screenshots are the best.