[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
After update to 2.3.15 I lost all open quests (not the hqm quest). Talking to the king, commander and other villager did not help. They say they like my help, but their quests will not appear in the quest list.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
After update to 2.3.15 I lost all open quests (not the hqm quest). Talking to the king, commander and other villager did not help. They say they like my help, but their quests will not appear in the quest list.
It probably totally reset your custom npc i believe you can either copy over your customnpc folder from a backup or you will need to start over by listen to the conversation by the fountain

LordPMac

Jul 29, 2019

I am having the same issue as arnHH, except talking to the people at the fountain and copying over a saved customnpc folder did not work

LordPMac

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to copy the cuctomnpc file over again, This time I deleted the file in the save folder and pasted a old save file and now I was able to complete the cake quest and except the troll quest but the troll is already dead, how can I reset him and kill him again

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to copy the cuctomnpc file over again, This time I deleted the file in the save folder and pasted a old save file and now I was able to complete the cake quest and except the troll quest but the troll is already dead, how can I reset him and kill him again
NPC's have a respawn timer they need to be in a loaded chuck for a while and then they will respawn i think its like 1 hour or something like that if you look back in the forums a ways it has the time. Or you can copy over the region files from the template folder should work.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Bob Apples

Jul 29, 2019
When i exit the game and reenter I lose all of my non-hqm quests. I have tired many times, by starting over with a new extracted copy of the map and then replay the quests. A few times it will keep them. I am still able to talk to the King about the quests, and he even wants me to do them, but they never show up in my quest log under the inv screen, nor is a status update about quests displayed on the right of the screen. I am doing the quests alongside the HQM quests like the FAQ suggested. Any help on this topic?

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
When i exit the game and reenter I lose all of my non-hqm quests. I have tired many times, by starting over with a new extracted copy of the map and then replay the quests. A few times it will keep them. I am still able to talk to the King about the quests, and he even wants me to do them, but they never show up in my quest log under the inv screen, nor is a status update about quests displayed on the right of the screen. I am doing the quests alongside the HQM quests like the FAQ suggested. Any help on this topic?
I have been monitoring this....the upside is if I need to push a fix, I can easily re-upload a new map download to curse (all the customNPC stuff is in the map folder)

Reactions: Bob Apples

LordPMac

Jul 29, 2019
I have been monitoring this....the upside is if I need to push a fix, I can easily re-upload a new map download to curse (all the customNPC stuff is in the map folder)
I ended up removing all the save files and downloading a new map (1.7.10) and started over, I am at the monster kill quest and the customnpc quest log is showing empty again. if you have a fix for this can you update it, thanks

Reactions: Bob Apples

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019

Just to add a bit to this issue, my non-hqm quests reset after ever log-out/log-in. Re-copying the CustomNPC folder was needed each time. However, after I removed OptiFine, the problem stopped. I have NO idea how OptiFine would interfere. It doesn't make any sense to me, but there you go. Just to test it, I re-installed OptiFine and the problem was back, uninstalled and it was gone. Lucky for me OptiFine isn't needed. Anyway, just thought I would add that little bit.

On a separate note, is there a reason that the covers over the ExtraUtilities pipes @ the farm are leaf blocks? I always change them to cobble and brick every restart, just wondering if there was a reason for that. Also, I have found the golems have issues with the eggs/feathers and place a creative mana tank with a hopperhock above it right next to the chest there. That has the range needed to get all the eggs/feathers, but not the whole farm so the golems are still needed, which I like.

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble starting. I click single player no world is there and if I try to create a new world I just get sent back to the main menu.

As it is said in the first post by GreatOrator:
As of update 2.3.14 I will no longer include the map with the modpack download. You will, however, be able to download it from Curse.com. This means I can decrease the size of the modpack download, and increase the size of the map (I have ideas that this ability is important).

What this means for players: Nothing, existing worlds will not be affected any differently than when the map is included. You will still handle updates normally, only now one extra step of downloading the map separately. I will also be including a button on the main menu as a direct link to the download location.
The last sentence is the important one. When you start the pack there should be a button in the main menu with a link where you can download the map.

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes I cannot stack common and other items (gold, diamonds, …). I have two partial stacks of the same item (Diamond 264), one with 4 items, the other with 16. I cannot stack them :-( But I can put them together to make Diamond blocks (3x3 diamonds with a mix of both stacks).

Has anybody have an idea what is going on and how I can resolve this?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just to add a bit to this issue, my non-hqm quests reset after ever log-out/log-in. Re-copying the CustomNPC folder was needed each time. However, after I removed OptiFine, the problem stopped. I have NO idea how OptiFine would interfere. It doesn't make any sense to me, but there you go. Just to test it, I re-installed OptiFine and the problem was back, uninstalled and it was gone. Lucky for me OptiFine isn't needed. Anyway, just thought I would add that little bit.

On a separate note, is there a reason that the covers over the ExtraUtilities pipes @ the farm are leaf blocks? I always change them to cobble and brick every restart, just wondering if there was a reason for that. Also, I have found the golems have issues with the eggs/feathers and place a creative mana tank with a hopperhock above it right next to the chest there. That has the range needed to get all the eggs/feathers, but not the whole farm so the golems are still needed, which I like.
Well, let's see if optifine is confirmed for the others that have reported...if so, not much I can do about that unfortunately, but glad you found a solution!
Sometimes I cannot stack common and other items (gold, diamonds, …). I have two partial stacks of the same item (Diamond 264), one with 4 items, the other with 16. I cannot stack them :-( But I can put them together to make Diamond blocks (3x3 diamonds with a mix of both stacks).

Has anybody have an idea what is going on and how I can resolve this?
The NBT data is slightly different so the game treats them as different items. Not much can be done about it but to use the odd ones first to get them out of your inventory.

EDIT: Apparently Thermal Dynamics is now being used on the forgecraft2 server! This means a release shouldn't be too far off!

Reactions: Arikast