[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry ...
I might suggest running an older version for now, until FTB is able to resolve the issues with their launcher.

suureal

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is a known problem. To fix this go to the options tab on the FTB launcher, click on advanced options and change your download location to CurseCDN.

This helped a bit, now at least all the mods are listed in the mod list, but the download is still just forge and nothing else, I'll wait for you to fix it, it's a great mod :D

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
This helped a bit, now at least all the mods are listed in the mod list, but the download is still just forge and nothing else, I'll wait for you to fix it, it's a great mod :D

I honestly do not know why this keeps happening, and really do not know enough about the launcher to offer a working solution at this time :(

I triple checked that everything in the .zip file was correct and working before it was submitted so I can only guess that there is some kind of communication issue between the client and the download servers.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for all the of the difficulties and will do my best to get the issue resolved.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
OneWolfe, do you plan on OreDict'ing all the TFC sand with vanilla sand? And any progress fixing the launcher download issue?

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried quite a few different download locations from the launcher including Curse multiple times and it will never download the mods at all. I have never downloaded the pack before so do not have an older version to play. Guess I'll wait until the launcher issue is fixed.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
OneWolfe, do you plan on OreDict'ing all the TFC sand with vanilla sand?

It is definitely possible. I would like to know more about how you intend to use the vanilla sand. If its a specific recipe, they can usually be fixed fairly easily, but if its for something like the railcraft rockcrusher or one of the other machine recipes those are usually a lot harder to modify so a vanilla option may be required.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried quite a few different download locations from the launcher including Curse multiple times and it will never download the mods at all. I have never downloaded the pack before so do not have an older version to play. Guess I'll wait until the launcher issue is fixed.

This is definitely an problem on FTB. I have no control over their launcher or access to their servers. I have submitted serveral trouble tickets and have so far only received a reply to use "CurseCDN".
I strongly suggest that everyone who is experiencing this issue also send trouble tickets directly to FTB and harass them until they fix their launcher ...

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
It is definitely possible. I would like to know more about how you intend to use the vanilla sand. If its a specific recipe, they can usually be fixed fairly easily, but if its for something like the railcraft rockcrusher or one of the other machine recipes those are usually a lot harder to modify so a vanilla option may be required.

Coke oven, actually... for semi cheat-y charcoal (not main intent) and more importantly creosote to make rails!! I'd say plastic pellets from tubes also, but there's the milk curd recipe, granted you can acquire two vanilla buckets. Not much other use for vanilla sand that I can see. I might suggest (might be a bit easier on your end) adding a mod which provides a dictionary converter. I know mariculture has one, but i'm not too sure how well that mod would mesh with the worldgen. There also appears to be a mod that specifically adds just an ore converter, but it looks like it only does ores, not sure if it would work for sand. I also just saw in the mods folder that you already have that mod in the pack, just disabled, so i'm guessing it didn't work out too well? lol :p.

Loving the pack so far. TFC is one of my guilty MMC pleasures. You're doing good work. Keep at it! Looking forward to the quests you haven't done yet :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Coke oven, actually... for semi cheat-y charcoal (not main intent) and more importantly creosote to make rails!!
Loving the pack so far. TFC is one of my guilty MMC pleasures. You're doing good work. Keep at it! Looking forward to the quests you haven't done yet :D

Yes, I found the Ore Converter to be way to OP in my opinion. It was originally ment to work with RotaryCraft (Also Disabled). So far I have not even begun to flush out RailCraft, not just recipes but also the quest book as well. But as I go through and develop the quest line for rail craft I will make sure the items in the quests will be craftable. However that does not mean that everything in RC will be available, for example the coke oven and blast furnace will most likely not be craftable since charcoal and steel are already craftable in TFC. Yet the creosote and rail recipes will need to be altered. In fact I thought I added a recipe where corn whiskey could be used to make the rail ties ... I have not checked to see if it is still working.

The railcraft and steel quest lines are going to be one of my big priorities over the holiday break. I would like to also see if I can get anywhere with RotaryCraft as well, but I only have a week break from work, and some of the changes to RC will require contacting the developer first, so its going to be a busy week for me.

thanks for the suggestions and, I would love to hear any other ideas you might have ...
OneWolfe-

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
In fact I thought I added a recipe where corn whiskey could be used to make the rail ties ...

OneWolfe-

Well how about that... i didn't even notice that recipe!

thanks for the suggestions and, I would love to hear any other ideas you might have ...

Sure thing. I was actually toying with some ideas earlier while writing that post. Once I come up with something concrete i'll pm them to you. Lemme know if you need any help. Many hands light work and all that jazz. :D

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
So, i have been having this issue where some dirt can't be tilled into farmland and it's been driving me nuts... per the TFC forums... looks like Railcraft is the culprit... tried disabling railcraft but it would only cause crash on world load, even on brand new worlds. But the good news is, i found a work around. Look as if you place anything (torch, another piece of dirt, etc.) on top of disobedient dirt blocks, then break that block it allows that dirt to be tilled. Just thought i'd let the thread know in case anyone else is having this issue.

Reactions: izzy1488

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So, i have been having this issue where some dirt can't be tilled into farmland and it's been driving me nuts... per the TFC forums... looks like Railcraft is the culprit... tried disabling railcraft but it would only cause crash on world load, even on brand new worlds. But the good news is, i found a work around. Look as if you place anything (torch, another piece of dirt, etc.) on top of disobedient dirt blocks, then break that block it allows that dirt to be tilled. Just thought i'd let the thread know in case anyone else is having this issue.

Thank you very much for letting everyone know :D

Yes there is something in RailCraft that has been causing a lot of issues, not only with farmland, but also with fencegates and placing lumber planks. The specific culprit is called 'Residual Heat' and can be disabled in the RailCraft Blocks.cfg file. I would have added this fix to the recent update but when I disabled the 'Residual Heat' block on our test server (E-Cubed) it just causes the server to crash. The fix works just fine in Single Player thought.

So I would like to know what everyone things about it. Should I include the fix in the next update, or just leave it the way it is for now? I can just manually deal with the issues on the test server.

suureal

Jul 29, 2019
Placing fence gates (in my case pine) crashes everything, works every time I try to place them. This happened in two different world saves with different types of fence gates. Not sure why (btw there a "proper" bug report place for 3rd party mods?)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Placing fence gates (in my case pine) crashes everything, works every time I try to place them. This happened in two different world saves with different types of fence gates. Not sure why (btw there a "proper" bug report place for 3rd party mods?)

That is the RailCraft "Residual Heat" bug mentioned above ... Disabling it in the "blocks.cfg" under the \config\railcraft\ folder should fix it for most single player worlds.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
I would say go ahead and disable the residual heat for future releases. As far as the server goes, it's probably crashing from trying to remove all the residual heat "blocks" on server startup, from what i've read it's pretty resource intensive. I would say bring the server map into a world editing program and manually delete all the residual heat blocks.