[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
What zip implementation are you using? Occasionally perfectly correct zip files are produced that the zlib java library has trouble reading for whatever reason. I doubt this problem is a fault of either you or the FTB launcher.
You may however want to try using different software to create your zip files in the hopes it will produce one that can be read properly by this library.

I'd really like to play the latest version of your pack.

This has been an on going issue since I posted version 0.0.10 several weeks back. I have recently received word from the admin staff that they have or will repost version 0.0.11 as version 0.0.12 and see if that fixes the issue.

On the other hand I am quickly trying to catch up from the holiday break in order to get the next version pushed out. I will go ahead and try using a different program to create the zip files and see if they are more compatible with the FTB launcher.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

Reactions: Batch2

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
@OneWolfe have you considered adding the leather water sac addon?

Yes I have looked at it, but did not give it a great deal of consideration at first since ive been struggling to get Steam Power, Cogs, and Railcraft stable . I could give it a try in the next release.

I would really like to add ExtraFirma if it is ready for the 1.7.10 version :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Sorry I missed all of this over the last week :(
I do have some RAM issues when some of the larger ruins generate, and occasionally one of the mob spawners has a bad tag which causes my test server to crash so I am still trying to track down the problem.
I would however like to hear what you discovered and the solution to fix it :D

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

My issue isn't pack specific though. There seems to be an issue with a mod and my computer or something as I seem to be the only person that ever has the problem. I'm going to try to get in touch with the mod author though and see if he knows of any possible reasons it might occur. I'd just rather not worry people about exactly which mod it is lol. In the future it should hopefully be a non-issue if I can get with the author.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
My issue isn't pack specific though. There seems to be an issue with a mod and my computer or something as I seem to be the only person that ever has the problem. I'm going to try to get in touch with the mod author though and see if he knows of any possible reasons it might occur. I'd just rather not worry people about exactly which mod it is lol. In the future it should hopefully be a non-issue if I can get with the author.

Ok, u have peaked my curiosity tho, could u send me a PM cuz id like to know if it ever occurs in the future. :D

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I have looked at it, but did not give it a great deal of consideration at first since ive been struggling to get Steam Power, Cogs, and Railcraft stable . I could give it a try in the next release.

I would really like to add ExtraFirma if it is ready for the 1.7.10 version :D
The dev for ExtraFirma has been MIA for the better part of a year now, unfortunately...

Reactions: 1SDAN

DarkJ

Jul 29, 2019
I have a working TFP server. only issue is with the TFC "microblocks" when chiseling or placing planks a user may be unexpectedly kicked from the server. simple fix, just log back in. but it get's quite annoying after a bit. it is a random chance and only happens about every 1/10 times you place a plank or 1/20 uses of a chisel.. other than that hiccup the pack works great.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have a working TFP server. only issue is with the TFC "microblocks" when chiseling or placing planks a user may be unexpectedly kicked from the server. simple fix, just log back in. but it get's quite annoying after a bit. it is a random chance and only happens about every 1/10 times you place a plank or 1/20 uses of a chisel.. other than that hiccup the pack works great.

This issue is caused by the RailCraft 'Residual Heat' transparent blocks. They are also the reason why some dirt blocks seem to be untilable with a hoe. To disable these annoying blocks simply set the ResidualHeat=false in the Blocks.cfg under /configs/RailCraft/

I will have to make sure this is taken care of in the next update.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
After the long holiday break its been rough getting back into working on the next update. I plan to have something submitted in the next day or two so it should be available on the launcher this weekend at the latest. :D

Expected change log:
Update to current mod versions: TFC, Ruins, RotaryCraft, ect.
Activate RotaryCraft with working survival recipes
Activate Zombie Awareness
Activate Necromancy
Add RailCraft and Steel Age quests
Remove RailCraft 'Residual Heat'
Fix some of the broken quests. Food related quests still do not recognize items gain in survival mode.
Add survival recipes for the Tubes mod
Change RailCraft recipes to require parts from Flaxbeard's Steam Power. This is the give the pack more of a tier based progression.

Reactions: Batch2

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So last night I had the pack all zipped up and ready to upload the client version when I discovered that the new version will NOT run on the E-Cubed server. Basicly the hosting service wont give options to update to a newer version of Forge so TFC version 79.15 just fails along with the rest of the mods that are out of date. :( What this means is that the update is going to take a little longer while I work on getting a stable version that still runs on our server.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.0.13 should now be available on the launcher! :D

As mentioned in my previous post some of the mod updates don't run on my server so the pack still contains TFC version 79.13 until I can get a newer version of Forge.

Reactions: Batch2 and 1SDAN

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019
Surprised to see Smart Moving isn't part of this pack nor even suggested in this thread before.
TFC and Smart Moving are a match made in heaven - especially when you consider crawling through ore veins after causing a collapse.

What kind of server would you reckon this pack requires for a small group of people? (3~6 at most)
Considering trying it with some friends.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Surprised to see Smart Moving isn't part of this pack nor even suggested in this thread before.
TFC and Smart Moving are a match made in heaven - especially when you consider crawling through ore veins after causing a collapse.

What kind of server would you reckon this pack requires for a small group of people? (3~6 at most)
Considering trying it with some friends.

Yes, Smart Moving was originally part of the pack but has a serious and fatal conflict with one of the other mods so it had to be removed. However I have not tested it recently with the current updates. If you do happen to get it working I would love to know :D

I do strongly suggest playing TFP with a group of friends, since getting even basic resources can be a challenge.

I have my own server on Beastnode, but at the moment I am unable to get TFC version 79.15 working on it since they do not support a more recent version of forge yet.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I have my own server on Beastnode, but at the moment I am unable to get TFC version 79.15 working on it since they do not support a more recent version of forge yet.

If we were to update TFC and forge ourselves for version 0.0.13 would you expect that we'd run into any issue in single player?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
If we were to update TFC and forge ourselves for version 0.0.13 would you expect that we'd run into any issue in single player?

In single player TFC 79.15 works beautifully, I only down graded back to 79.13 for use on my server. I have already made sure that 79.15 works great in SP and updating forge didn't have anything major either.

I would like to get the issue fixed with my server so I can update the rest of the pack, but I think 14 will mostly be cleaning up bugs and more quests.

RepliCat

Jul 29, 2019
Have been playing this for a while, this is pretty much my dream pack. Tons of aesthetic customization (kudos to carpenter's blocks), some mods providing utilities while still preserving the essence of survival from TFC. Nice work! It just ashamed that Smart Moving is not in the pack :(

Some personal feedback (Mostly biased):
  • Some quests are broken, but I guess you've already knew that. Some rewards just don't make sense. I have disabled the whole HQM on my small group server so we have nothing to bother.
  • Too many ravines generated. This is possibly due to the block gravity from TFC causing some generated caves to collapse. I dunno whether this is a common issue or not, but the amount of ravines just feels like much more than in playing TFC alone.
  • Too many ruins generated: there are abandoned houses everywhere. Probably should have lowered the numbers in config by myself during world gen.
  • Although I haven't been able to try out the newest version, I am quite worried about the addition of Necromancy as it is not really that... steampunked?
  • Side notes: It would be really nice if you could include mods with working Lock and Keys (e.g. BetterStorage) for multiplayers. Of course plugin like Lockette works fine, but putting a sign on a chest/door breaks the whole immersion :(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Too many ruins generated: there are abandoned houses everywhere. Probably should have lowered the numbers in config by myself during world gen.

I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of those in the recent updates. There are a few hundred ruins to choose from so I am not sure why it keeps putting that specific one all over the place. I have been working on getting the ruins distribution fixed in the next update.

Also, if you want to suggest rewards for specific quests I would certainly appreciate the help. Laying out and writing text for all the quests has been challenging enough so I just have not spent a great deal of time balancing them too.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
So.. if you want a magic mod in there.. Witchery is almost totally compatible. The only thing I am having problems with is a few recipes and not being able to plant anything unless I have vanilla dirt.. Not sure how hard that would be to fix because I only know the very basics...

Also.. Electrical age fits perfectly into the TFC tech progression... I am using your pack but I have added onto it for personal use.. I ripped some config and script files from technofirma and made it work in your pack hah.. I also did the same for ye gamol chattels Mod... which IMO fits pretty good in TFC.. Anyways.. just some suggestions. :)

Reactions: 1SDAN and OneWolfe

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
Even though he (bioxx) states in the 0.79.8 change log "You can now drink by right clicking any fresh water. Removed feet drinking." I have never gotten this to actually work. So far I have only been able to drink out of the jugs :(

You need to hold down right click, and flowing water blocks won't work.. and sometimes jumping in and out of the water helps if it won't detect the right click

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, thanks :D

I will certainly look into these. For Enviromine, TFC already does most of that so I really dont see a reason to add it at the moment.

Pchan's Airships looks like it may be better than Archimedes but I will have to try it out first.

Both would be nice... I really like building my own airship/ship :)

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thats cool to know. Next thing would be to see if the Ruins mod generates them correctly.
All of the witchery world gen structures generate without editing anything... I've tested it.. even the hobgoblins spawn.. the only problem is you can't find seeds from hitting grass, can't plant anything and a few recipes need some mine-tweaking. And damage values changed for weapons and armor? I have only played around with it for a few days.