[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
Placing fence gates (in my case pine) crashes everything, works every time I try to place them. This happened in two different world saves with different types of fence gates. Not sure why (btw there a "proper" bug report place for 3rd party mods?)

sequoia and pine both crash me.. every single time lol. Oak is safe it seems

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, Smart Moving was originally part of the pack but has a serious and fatal conflict with one of the other mods so it had to be removed. However I have not tested it recently with the current updates. If you do happen to get it working I would love to know :D

I do strongly suggest playing TFP with a group of friends, since getting even basic resources can be a challenge.

I have my own server on Beastnode, but at the moment I am unable to get TFC version 79.15 working on it since they do not support a more recent version of forge yet.

If it helps, I have Smart moving working just fine on my SP game... I did however take the files from technofirm mod pack.. so it's possible that they changed something.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So.. if you want a magic mod in there.. Witchery is almost totally compatible. The only thing I am having problems with is a few recipes and not being able to plant anything unless I have vanilla dirt.. Not sure how hard that would be to fix because I only know the very basics...

Also.. Electrical age fits perfectly into the TFC tech progression... I am using your pack but I have added onto it for personal use.. I ripped some config and script files from technofirma and made it work in your pack hah.. I also did the same for ye gamol chattels Mod... which IMO fits pretty good in TFC.. Anyways.. just some suggestions. :)

Wait, what is gamol chattels mod?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
sequoia and pine both crash me.. every single time lol. Oak is safe it seems
Try removing the Railcraft 'Residual Heat' blocks. I thought I had taken care of this in the recent version but I will check the configs again just to make sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: izzy1488

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
It is a pretty cool mod tbh.

Speaking of mod suggestions, have you heard of Glenn's Gases? Because I think that it would be great in this modpack.

Exohun

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a snag using the Necromancy mod. I cant seem to get the "jar of blood" item from using TFC bottles. I tested it on a creative map and gave myself some vanilla Minecraft bottles and the bone needle fills them fine but wont fill the TFC ones. Cant get the scythe to harvest souls without it as far as I can tell. Is there a work around or a fix currently or maybe on the way?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a snag using the Necromancy mod. I cant seem to get the "jar of blood" item from using TFC bottles. I tested it on a creative map and gave myself some vanilla Minecraft bottles and the bone needle fills them fine but wont fill the TFC ones. Cant get the scythe to harvest souls without it as far as I can tell. Is there a work around or a fix currently or maybe on the way?

Thank you for letting me know about this. I haven't spent a lot of time working with Necromany yet so I really appreciate any feed back you have :D

I do not have a work around developed as of yet, but it should be simple enough to make an easy way to swap TFC bottles with vanilla ones. I also need to make sure that Skin either drops from mobs or is obtainable through hides or something.

I should have the next update out in a day or two so if you find any other issues please let me know.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So I spent most of my weekend working on update #14 and along the way I was able to get a few more different mobs to spawn. I also adjusted the Ruin spawn ratios so I hope this fixes the issue where the same house keeps spawning everywhere. There should now be a nice variety of ruins to be found. For myself I like to find more ruins close together, but a lot of the comments and players I have talked to prefer having the ruins spread much father apart, so I will try to find a good balance for this update.
I also started working with the Mod Tweaker and have added several TFC blocks to the RailCraft Rock Crusher and added a chance for them to turn into vanilla blocks that are required in some later recipes. It looks like Mod Tweaker also supports FlaxBeard's so I will be checking that out to see what will be possible. It looks like only the Crucible and Steam Oven so far. I would love to be able to cook TFC food in that oven ;)

I will keep you posted on and further updates.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

Reactions: izzy1488

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the problem with bottles & Necromancy, I'd like to recommend adding a repeatable quest where you can trade TFC bottles for vanilla bottles. You could also do the same thing with water for FSP ;)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the problem with bottles & Necromancy, I'd like to recommend adding a repeatable quest where you can trade TFC bottles for vanilla bottles. You could also do the same thing with water for FSP ;)

Oh that is an interesting idea ... I had not considered making vanilla items questable like that ...

It would work better if I was using the item collection system from HQM, but I am only using the quest book at the moment ...

maratdesade

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack that you have put together; however, a group that I play with (Savagecraft - Men of Wood) are trying to setup a server for about 5 people to play and we are having massive TPS issues. We haven't been able to narrow down what might be the cause of this and since I have seen some of your videos and the other Hyperminers, I thought I would drop you a line. Our server is hosted by Creeperhost with the following specs - virtual server with duo core and 3GB of RAM. At times as we are testing the CPU will spike well over 100% and then settle back down to normal at around 15%, but memory usage is very moderate (much less than our Monster Server and Hexplorer Server).

Areas that we have been looking at:

Which version of Forge are you using on your server? We are currently trying it with the version that is listed with client 10.13.2.1230
Are there any mods that might being creating issues with TPS that you have experienced?
We also thought something with Fastcraft using 1.09 that came with the server files, so we updated it to the most recent version 1.16 but experience the same issues with both versions
We also disabled two mods - Zombie Awareness and Infernal Mobs - which we hope hasn't caused an issue with pack

Any help that you might be able to provide would be awesome since we have been unable to find anyone else running a server of this pack. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and possibly respond.

Keep up the great work and look forward to more videos from all you folks at Hypermine.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of Forge are you using on your server? We are currently trying it with the version that is listed with client 10.13.2.1230
Are there any mods that might being creating issues with TPS that you have experienced?
We also thought something with Fastcraft using 1.09 that came with the server files, so we updated it to the most recent version 1.16 but experience the same issues with both versions
We also disabled two mods - Zombie Awareness and Infernal Mobs - which we hope hasn't caused an issue with pack
Thanks for letting my know :D
On my own server I don't know how much RAM is allocated, but I bought their highest package with unlimited user slots, and I still get a lot of CPU spikes. Let me list some of the major FPS and lag issues that I have seen.

•World Gen: TFC by itself uses a lot of CPU during world gen, the map scale is similar to an Amplified Vanilla map so the server has to calculate a lot of blocks, plus in the newer version the gravity blocks can now fall during world gen (this is from my observations)

•Ruins Mod: Some of the ruins are at the recommended size limit and thus eat a lot of CPU during World Gen, and that's just the surface ruins. Just the other day I found a major issue with ALL of the underground ruins. It seems that when they are generated they are causing cavins because I keep finding them full of fallen cobble blocks. If you not already aware, cavins in TFC can cause some pretty hefty lag spikes. SOLUTION: Try removing ALL of the ruins labeled as 'underground' there should be 8 or so of them.

•Zombie Awareness: This mod changes most of the mobs AI, increasing the range that mobs will track players, increasing the rate that Zombies summon backup, and finally causing most of the mobs to clump together into large groups or hordes. SOLUTION: The values for these features can be changed in one of the config files, or Zombie Awareness can be removed entirely. Removing this mod will not cause any conflicts with other mods.

•Mob Properties: This mod spawns Twilight Forest mobs, like the Minotaurs, by having random zombies spawned riding the TF mobs and then killing the zombies. This can cause some extra weight on the CPU when lots of extra mobs get spawned and killed over and over. SOLUTION: Deleting the zombieTFC.js file from the Mob Properties configs folder will reduce almost all of the special mobs from spawning and might cut back a little CPU usage. Caution, removing this mod entirely will cause the boss mobs to revert to normal vanilla HP ranges, this means any stone knife can one shot every boss thats spawns. Note: If you remove the Ruins mod then boss ruins wont generate either. Removing Infernal Mobs can also drasticly reduce the toughness of ALL boss mobs.
Some other solutions might include pre-generating the world, which I have gone ahead and done on my own server. Removing the Ruins mod entirely, or pre-gening the world, then removing Ruins.
I have not really noticed much difference having fastcraft on the server, but due to permissions issues I can not include it in the FTB download.
For the version of Forge, my own server WILL NOT offer any version above 1230 so that is what I am forced to use, but if you can install newer version I strongly suggest doing so as I WILL be updating TFC to the latest versions which WILL require newer version of forge. Just a heads up.
Good Luck with your server and always feel free to ask me questions any time. The pack is still in beta so there are lots of bugs that need to be worked out so I greatly appreciate everyone letting me know when they find them :D
Thank you,
OneWolfe-

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
This weekend I have been pondering how to add some of the magic mods everyone has been asking for, and finally decided they would make more sense as a separate magic TFC pack. But I really want to get this one finished before starting a new project like that.

Exohun

Jul 29, 2019
I agree they should be separate. Magic mods are cool but don't really fit together with the steam-punk and tech mods. I think you have a good cohesive theme going with the Cogs, airships and Flaxbeard mods and the like. Stick with it. Don't do what I do, stopping one project to start another and never finish any of them. >_<

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I agree they should be separate. Magic mods are cool but don't really fit together with the steam-punk and tech mods. I think you have a good cohesive theme going with the Cogs, airships and Flaxbeard mods and the like. Stick with it. Don't do what I do, stopping one project to start another and never finish any of them. >_<

Yes, it happens to me more often than not. I am becoming a master of unfinished projects :p

All I have left in this pack is to layout some quests for rotarycraft and the boss mobs and it should be done.

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried to make a magic TFC modpack before; I ended up abandoning the project. I named it MagiFirmaCraft; you can use that name if you need one. As for mods, I believe that Thaumcraft, Ars Magica 2, and Blood Magic would work really well. While I really like other magic mods such as Witchery, I don't think that they would fit with the theme or tier system of TFC. ;)

Reactions: OneWolfe