[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Gu4rd007

Jul 29, 2019
could anyone help me i tried to play this modpack i reinstalled the ftb launcher i set the download location to single one i restartet my pc i set the RAM to maximum but the pack doesn't work for me please i wanna really play this pack

Reactions: GreatOrator

Syphin

Jul 29, 2019
So Im having 2 issues. One the server download link is broken. I get a corrupt file when i try and unrar it. When I die the game always closes... Is there a way to disable that? The game already takes forever to load as it is D:

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
So Im having 2 issues. One the server download link is broken. I get a corrupt file when i try and unrar it. When I die the game always closes... Is there a way to disable that? The game already takes forever to load as it is D:
1. Ftblauncher sometimes has been having some issues try using the cursecdn download server
2. There is a bug in Draconic Evolution that is currently causing this crash but if you either update draconic evolution manually it will fix it or if you wait the pack already has a pack update submitted to the FTB team and will be on the launcher soon that will have that bug fixed.

Syphin

Jul 29, 2019
1. Ftblauncher sometimes has been having some issues try using the cursecdn download server
2. There is a bug in Draconic Evolution that is currently causing this crash but if you either update draconic evolution manually it will fix it or if you wait the pack already has a pack update submitted to the FTB team and will be on the launcher soon that will have that bug fixed.

Thanks the updated Draconic Evolution worked like a charm! The server on the other hand is not... i tried downloading it 4 times now at different times and still just get corrupted when i open it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The new update 2.3.7 (once pushed to the launcher) will fix the crash on death issue. Should also fix the derp of the ftb launcher as I think I figured out what was causing the issue for it after all this time (helps to be on the team so I can diagnose)
Thanks the updated Draconic Evolution worked like a charm! The server on the other hand is not... i tried downloading it 4 times now at different times and still just get corrupted when i open it.
What do you mean corrupted? Only thing in the archive for that is simply the files neccessary to start one up.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Syphin

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean corrupted? Only thing in the archive for that is simply the files neccessary to start one up.[/QUOTE]

I use Winrar and when i unzip it. I get
! C:\Users\xxxxxx\Downloads\TolkienCraftIIServer(3).zip: The archive is corrupt
! C:\Users\xxxxxx\Downloads\TolkienCraftIIServer(3).zip: CRC failed in mods\1.7.10_AM2_1.4.0.005.jar. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\xxxxx\Downloads\TolkienCraftIIServer(3).zip: The archive is corrupt

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean corrupted? Only thing in the archive for that is simply the files neccessary to start one up.

! C:\Users\xxxxxx\Downloads\TolkienCraftIIServer(3).zip: CRC failed in mods\1.7.10_AM2_1.4.0.005.jar. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\xxxxx\Downloads\TolkienCraftIIServer(3).zip: The archive is corrupt[/QUOTE]
what FTB download server are you using i believe that cursecdn is the least buggy so try downloading using that download server and then if that doesnt work try atlanta

TCzelusniak

Jul 29, 2019
Really strange issue I'm having that I tried skimming through the pages here to find a fix but my reading comprehension is like, 8 years behind what it should be when I try to read quickly :p Anyway, what happens is when I use the batch file to start the server the port 25565 doesn't work, using canyouseeme.org it says it can't see my service blocking my friends and me from playing. However using the TolkienCraftII_server.jar to run the server does allow the port to go through and my friends and I can play. I can't imagine it is a port forwarding issue cause it works with the .jar and not the .bat.

Edit: Ok so to make this even crazier, I switched the server over to a spare computer I use to alleviate the stress servers put on my main computer, and it works as intended. Don't know how, don't know why, but whatever I guess. Just one of those things.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

! C:\Users\xxxxx\Downloads\TolkienCraftIIServer(3).zip: The archive is corrupt[/QUOTE]
Well, ultimately I would say wait till you see 2.3.7 on the launcher, or try other download servers. Ultimately I have posted a direct link to the spreadsheet with the recent update if you feel adventurous.

got all my junk out of town so i am no longer fearing the spectre of a city of Draconis overwrite bankrupting me. yay! just have to find that misbegotten troll now.
Nice...of course you probably ransacked everything they own......
Really strange issue I'm having that I tried skimming through the pages here to find a fix but my reading comprehension is like, 8 years behind what it should be when I try to read quickly :p Anyway, what happens is when I use the batch file to start the server the port 25565 doesn't work, using canyouseeme.org it says it can't see my service blocking my friends and me from playing. However using the TolkienCraftII_server.jar to run the server does allow the port to go through and my friends and I can play. I can't imagine it is a port forwarding issue cause it works with the .jar and not the .bat.
All I can offer up is to let whatever server you are trying to run re-create the server properties file. My jar is nothing special, just a combination of the MC server jar and the forger sever jar to avoid too many separate files

TCzelusniak

Jul 29, 2019
All I can offer up is to let whatever server you are trying to run re-create the server properties file. My jar is nothing special, just a combination of the MC server jar and the forger sever jar to avoid too many separate files
Well I copied everything over to a different computer, and it's all working. It probably saw you responding and thought to itself, "oh shoot, the big mans looking our way better get working" :p

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Why no mine and blade???
Well, short answer - The mods have been carefully chosen based on my vision of what I wanted this modpack to be (though AE is outside that vision...but c'mon, it's AE and my pack...lol)

You are welcome to create your own modpack or add mods to this pack, but support is limited in that case as I can only account for the mods currently included. Several of the visitors to middle-earth have added ender i/o for example.

Ruuna

Jul 29, 2019
Found this epic modpack today, loved it, hated it, cried over it, and finally rage quitted... for only one damn reason... the frekkin lag.
I have less then 1 fps in the city 80% of the time, and the rest of the time i have 2 fps... so... help?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Found this epic modpack today, loved it, hated it, cried over it, and finally rage quitted... for only one damn reason... the frekkin lag.
I have less then 1 fps in the city 80% of the time, and the rest of the time i have 2 fps... so... help?
Check the OP for various ways to help eliminate lag

Syphin

Jul 29, 2019
! C:\Users\xxxxx\Downloads\TolkienCraftIIServer(3).zip: The archive is corrupt
Well, ultimately I would say wait till you see 2.3.7 on the launcher, or try other download servers. Ultimately I have posted a direct link to the spreadsheet with the recent update if you feel adventurous.

So... I got the packcode and tried it and everything works perfect now. :D

Ruuna

Jul 29, 2019
Original Post. Probably should have used that instead of the acronym >.<
Oh... thought OP meant something else when in terms of minecraft... oh well, i installed the fastcraft thingy and damn... only lag i get is when new chunks are loaded in and even then it is just for half a second. THANK YOU WITH ALL MY GAMING HEART!
best service i have recived I my whole life, 10/10.