[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

BlackFlagBuilder

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Guys. just an FYI, Im getting an error at the end of the download from the launcher for the new update. Failure to download modpack. Happens at the very end of the download. Tryed it 4 times now. Even tryed the good old fashion force update of the launcher but no change.

I was having similar issues with the quests as the others, plus, first time talking to the king, he says nothing and runs away. And the package delivery quest completes as soon as I go talk to the farmer to START the quest. but then doesn't unlock the next quest.

But it seems like just a few bugs your getting worked out. That aside, Im frothing at the mouth to play more of this pack. I've wanted a pack like this for a very long time. The map is just beautiful and the amount of time you put into all the NPC's and weaving the mods together is just... wow.
Thank you for giving us this pack!!!

BlackFlagBuilder

Jul 29, 2019
2.3.7 2.3.6
7>6
ret true
TolkienCraftII
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Error while downloading modpack: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Resuming download from offset 911822
Resume started sucessfully
Error while downloading modpack: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Resuming download from offset 131109148
Local: 18E17104588E7DFB0B34E28753D656E8
Remote: 1C20E547D534BC892A5817B7FB2B1CEA
Error downloading modpack!!!

Reactions: GreatOrator

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
2.3.7 2.3.6
7>6
ret true
TolkienCraftII
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Resuming download from offset 911822
Resuming download from offset 131109148
Local: 18E17104588E7DFB0B34E28753D656E8
Remote: 1C20E547D534BC892A5817B7FB2B1CEA
Error downloading modpack!!!
Try setting the download server in FTB launcher options to CurseCDN

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
There is a "feature" with blood magic that I have been turning off repeatedly that does that to "prevent" players from spam killing themselves at the blood altar. I double checked the configs once again to make sure that it is turned off...let's hope it works this time....

Ack! That stupid blood magic starvation thing... dang I hate that. Perhaps the mod author ought to add a check to see /how/ you are dying and not blanket apply that to every death?! *sigh* You know, track where your current damage has come from?

...Excuse me? Where the bloody hell did you get THAT sort of information? Blood Magic does not go out of its way to punish players in such a way like this. No, not in the slightest. The ONLY thing that Blood Magic does on respawn is it gives you a potion debuff to prevent self-sacrificing. That is all.

https://github.com/WayofTime/BloodM...common/AlchemicalWizardryEventHooks.java#L173

I really don't need false rumours like THAT to be around. I go out of my way to make sure that everything is balanced and is fair when it does something. I punish the player if they are stupid, not if they make a simple mistake. And I will NEVER punish a player for doing something that is NOT related to the mod.

If you are curious why I apply the potion effect regardless of the time of damage that you have died from, keep in mind that the mod had a very real problem of people repeatedly killing themselves to amass a huge amount of LP. Hell, even Direwolf20 said that it was a "real strategy." People would have just jumped off of a cliff to kill themselves if all I did was check if they killed themselves with the dagger.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to cool off. I don't rant like this normally, so forgive me.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
...Excuse me? Where the bloody hell did you get THAT sort of information? Blood Magic does not go out of its way to punish players in such a way like this. No, not in the slightest. The ONLY thing that Blood Magic does on respawn is it gives you a potion debuff to prevent self-sacrificing. That is all.

https://github.com/WayofTime/BloodM...common/AlchemicalWizardryEventHooks.java#L173

I really don't need false rumours like THAT to be around. I go out of my way to make sure that everything is balanced and is fair when it does something. I punish the player if they are stupid, not if they make a simple mistake. And I will NEVER punish a player for doing something that is NOT related to the mod.

If you are curious why I apply the potion effect regardless of the time of damage that you have died from, keep in mind that the mod had a very real problem of people repeatedly killing themselves to amass a huge amount of LP. Hell, even Direwolf20 said that it was a "real strategy." People would have just jumped off of a cliff to kill themselves if all I did was check if they killed themselves with the dagger.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to cool off. I don't rant like this normally, so forgive me.

I'm sorry if my comment upset you, @WayofTime. Based on the code you linked it does in fact seem that whatever is applying the respawning at half hunger and half health is not your mod (it also annoys me that this happens when you return from the End without dying). I do apologize for the misinformation I inadvertently passed on. The potion effect doesn't bother me (the blood magic part), it's the other effects. I'll edit my original comment to reflect this so if someone only reads that they won't get the wrong information.

Edited to add: Ok, edited my original post.

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
..snip..
..snip..

Actually I did think about that, I guess I wasn't clear in what I said.

What I meant was (in pseudocode): Guy has died. If any of the damage he currently has is due to the sacrificial dagger then apply you-died-from-blood-magic-sacrifice effect else do nothing end-if

I realize that tracking damage is harder, since you need to age out the oldest damage as healing ought to remove that damage first. That is more work and possibly not even possible given umpteen mods. But if it was possible to code, that's what I'd try to do to handle people almost killing themselves with the dagger then jumping off that cliff to avoid the deterrent effect. (Note: while I have coded extensively in the past, I have zero Minecraft mod coding experience, so I don't know what is possible and what isn't.)

Also, this potion effect from Blood Magic is applied when you return from the End. I don't suppose there is any way to tell that you haven't actually died? :p

Reactions: eDilettante

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, is this the best place to stay updated? I have a decent sized channel and was thinking about giving this ago if it runs smoothly. I've worked with Pause before and saw this on the FTB launcher and his channel. I can start recording once I feel comfortable in the fact that I wont have to kill the series after 3 episodes
Yes, I stay on top of this pack quite well (I like to think) and update frequently and attempt to correct crash issues as quickly as possible. I would be honored if you started a lets Play.
How do I contact Ranger to apply for the server?
You can PM him, but I think currently the roster may be full.
what ever you do DO NOT put Witch Hunter Armor into a LOTR armor stand it crashes the client and you wont beable to load the world again

http://pastebin.com/u5VMFjt8
Yeah, I have mentioned that one before. I have reported it but the lotr mod author was under the impression it was witchery and witchery said it was lotr, so I kinda gave up on that one.

I apologize if I was not entirely correct, but in testing that debiff only showed up with your mod installed so I was under the impression the respawn at half health and hunger was your mod. If that's not the case (I left the debuff on but turned off what I thought was the health issue) I will go back and see if I can find out what mod is actually causing it then. In ssp turning that off stopped it from happening. So, once again my apologies if I was mistaken.
just a small thing. just downloaded 2.3.7 and the title screen still says 2.3.5. as i said, just a small thing :)
That is curious...mine says 2.3.7....

Pigganator

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having difficulty turning in the 'Mage Council IV quest'. Have been flying all around the mage tower and jumping at the mages' heads to no avail for a while now :p
In addition the HQM quest line has progressed to relevant parts already

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
As a point of curiosity, what mod are the floating trees from? Are they a late game product of botania? wherever they come from, they look very nice.

Also who/what is the undead ranger? is this part of one of the npc quests. i only ask because the creature was tagged with a name like some of the in-town witches

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
As a point of curiosity, what mod are the floating trees from? Are they a late game product of botania? wherever they come from, they look very nice.

Also who/what is the undead ranger? is this part of one of the npc quests. i only ask because the creature was tagged with a name like some of the in-town witches
Tree from the ruins mod, undead ranger? don't recall that one...

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
The undead ranger is not that bad... it is the ninja skellies or the pumpkin patch mobs that are the worst... oh and of course swarming cave spiders

iRwise

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack looks really cool, but I am having a problem with textures or something. All of the chisel brick in the starting town that the road is made out of are invisible. I can see right through it which shows all of the ore in the world and such. What went wrong?

Upon further inspection, there are a lot of invisible blocks. The walls from carpenter blocks are invisible. Tons of things are invisible.

Last edited: