[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
As a point of curiosity, what mod are the floating trees from? Are they a late game product of botania? wherever they come from, they look very nice.

Also who/what is the undead ranger? is this part of one of the npc quests. i only ask because the creature was tagged with a name like some of the in-town witches

If they are tiny ones then yah it's probably botania. Though waila should tell you.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
chalk one up to operator error. just threw my FULL big backpack in a lava pool. *whimpering in a corner*

Oh no! As someone who did something similar on my first iteration of the beta, you have my sympathies! One of the reasons I now move the throw key from Q to something less easy to hit by mistake. ;P

Kermitpmc

Jul 29, 2019
in 2.3.7 the HQM quests are running smoothly. But the king hasn't given me anything to do. I haven't had a single npc quest yet. Should I just go along with the hqm quests now?

Reactions: GreatOrator

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
in 2.3.7 the HQM quests are running smoothly. But the king hasn't given me anything to do. I haven't had a single npc quest yet. Should I just go along with the hqm quests now?

I had the same problem. I got the answer from a youtube video.
Go back to the fountain where the first HOM checkpoint was. Listen the the people on the bench. They will eventually mention that the king is calling for heros and you will get a quest update.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Officially on FTB launcher ! Gratz @GreatOrator :)
Thank you!
I had the same problem. I got the answer from a youtube video.
Go back to the fountain where the first HOM checkpoint was. Listen the the people on the bench. They will eventually mention that the king is calling for heros and you will get a quest update.
Yeah, single common mistake...and one I did clearly state in the book if you read the wall 'o text...matter of fact many of the starter quests you gotta read or you most certainly miss something.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack looks really cool, but I am having a problem with textures or something. All of the chisel brick in the starting town that the road is made out of are invisible. I can see right through it which shows all of the ore in the world and such. What went wrong?

Upon further inspection, there are a lot of invisible blocks. The walls from carpenter blocks are invisible. Tons of things are invisible.

Are you using optifine? The previous to last version had this problem due to a change in forge that made optifine incompatible. The latest version of optifine fixed that.

Beraias

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Optifine and Fast craft.. and I have around 3.5 GB of ram allowed to FTB..out of my 6 total.. and other packs like Ressurection and Direwolf 20 aren't giving me as much FPS issues as this pack is. MY FPS normally is around 15-20.. not 3..

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Optifine and Fast craft.. and I have around 3.5 GB of ram allowed to FTB..out of my 6 total.. and other packs like Ressurection and Direwolf 20 aren't giving me as much FPS issues as this pack is. MY FPS normally is around 15-20.. not 3..

Are you using the recommended JVM arguments? (in the fps text file in the Tolkiencraft II directory)

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
also along with the java arguments, i have to run alot of ftb packs in MultiMC using teh "watch ftb instances" option

Syphin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm in a pickle : /

Basically, a guard killed Carnow, and I can't find the loot of the boss. So, well... I can't complete the quest.

Any help on how I can spawn him or get the loot? Thanks!

My wife and I play on a little server... so when it came time for me to do the quest i killed him and i was hoping that he would come back for her. I checked back the next day (rl) and him and his crew were respawned... I had done a server restart. So idk if that had anything to do with it.