Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nl37tgt

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else notice that apatite ore, used in Forestry fertilizer, isn't in the world gen? at least there's alternate recipes for it. i even ran an ender quarry in a creative world to double check, no apatite.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else notice that apatite ore, used in Forestry fertilizer, isn't in the world gen? at least there's alternate recipes for it. i even ran an ender quarry in a creative world to double check, no apatite.
I've got plenty of Apatite. It typically generates at higher altitudes like extreme hills biomes.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I've seen Apatite. Check your forestry config:

config\forestry\common.conf:
# WORLD
#####################
# set to false to force forestry to skip generating own apatite ore blocks in the world
world.generate.apatite=true

Make sure that is set to true.

nl37tgt

Jul 29, 2019
ahh, that would be an explaination. i'm in the wrong biome. derp on my part. it's set to spawn in the config.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Apatite veins are kinda rare but very big, if you happen to find one it'll last a while. The multifarm doesn't use much fertilizer and for the fermenter you can also use mulch.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
And for the longest time MFR fertilizer could be converted into Forestry fertilizer, so I'm assuming that's still usable.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, I see some complaining about how Pnumaticraft plants work (ie: them reproducing on their own). In 1.6.4 there was a config line that turned off "natural" seed replanting, and would only pop if you bonemealed it.
Has this changed?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
As always, immediately ported to MultiMC. Removed a lot of the (obviously, in my opinion) clutter: BetterTitleScreen, buildcraft, carpenter's blocks, chisel, compact solars, factorization, Hats/hatstand, JourneyMap, Morph, Pneumaticraft, ProjectRed, Railcraft and Witchery.
Added Advanced Machines, Advanced Solar Panels, Fastcraft, Gendustry, Gravisuite, IguanaTinkerTweaks, VoxelMap, Simply Jetpacks and Tinker's Steelworks.
Made some minor config changes, like removing MFR lakes and disabling IC2 rubber trees for MFR trees.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Morph is not clutter since the bat gives you creative flight. It might be overpowered and cheaty for the same reason, but I'd have to say even tho I'll never use any other morph except for the bat, it is definitely not "clutter"!

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Simply Jetpacks gives you flight at a much more appropriate stage for some. Morph can be OP or not, depending on what you've configured it for and what you want out of it. For what @Bagman817 seems to want out of his personal pack, it sounds like morph might be a tad redundant.

I tend to use morph a lot more for squeezing into 1x1 spaces for building purposes more than for a creative flight form. Flight I generally config for after a person has hit the nether at least. It can be fun, but morph is definitely is not a "can't live without it" mod for me.

I just might remove it for lack of keybind space more than anything else. So many mods, so few keys. *sigh*

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Played for a few hours this evening, and the pack overall seems to be working pretty solidly for me. The only issue that's really stuck out is the oregen is very odd. Copper seems to be at y<30, and gold seems to be spawning in a much larger band (and in greater quantity) than expected. Diamonds seem quite scarce, but that could simply be my luck at this point. I'm also removing dense ores. It's absolutely not needed.

@asb3pe I'd argue that it's just as easy to type "/gamemode c" as it is to switch to bat form, so nothing really added there. I will concede, however, that 1x1 piping is nice, but still not worth including a mod. Regardless, still just my preference.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
ore gen has changed and inthe launcher is a link to a google doc which lists all the layers for ores ... also for me personally diamonds spawn a lot if i mine arround layer 3 (i got a stack in less then 5m with frotune 3 (mining a 3x3 tunnel with hammer))

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Played for a few hours this evening, and the pack overall seems to be working pretty solidly for me. The only issue that's really stuck out is the oregen is very odd. Copper seems to be at y<30, and gold seems to be spawning in a much larger band (and in greater quantity) than expected. Diamonds seem quite scarce, but that could simply be my luck at this point. I'm also removing dense ores. It's absolutely not needed.

@asb3pe I'd argue that it's just as easy to type "/gamemode c" as it is to switch to bat form, so nothing really added there. I will concede, however, that 1x1 piping is nice, but still not worth including a mod. Regardless, still just my preference.
Just to let you know... the mod pack team doesn't decide what goes in the DW20 pack. If it's in the pack it's because DW wanted it. It's basically put together by FTB for Dire. He decides the mods, they make it work and do the tweaking to get everything to play nice.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
ore gen has changed and inthe launcher is a link to a google doc which lists all the layers for ores ... also for me personally diamonds spawn a lot if i mine arround layer 3 (i got a stack in less then 5m with frotune 3 (mining a 3x3 tunnel with hammer))

Yeah that Google doc is invaluable, but even moreso is running a Buildcraft quarry like I did for a total area of 5x3 chunks (I ran it twice obv) and noting at which layer the ores begin to appear. For some reason I'm fascinated watching that thing work! When it gets down to layer 10 or so, I morph into a bat and use my TiC silky touch pickaxe to quickly grab every diamond ore block the quarry exposes before it can break it, so I can TE Pulverize them and double my diamonds.

The good thing is, the ores in this modpack are very consistent which really helps me when I try to play on a SMP server - I can dig right down to layer 31 or 32 and go horizontal and I know I will be swimming in iron if I just keep digging and keep going with my branch mining. I think it would be much better if ores weren't so consistently discovered at the same elevation, but I've also been playing GregTech modpacks recently and there's a reason why I'm still mostly playing Direwolf - take a guess why!! Sometimes it's just fun to play a pack where you don't have to spend all your time scrounging and exploring for enough materials to keep progressing.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let you know... the mod pack team doesn't decide what goes in the DW20 pack. If it's in the pack it's because DW wanted it. It's basically put together by FTB for Dire. He decides the mods, they make it work and do the tweaking to get everything to play nice.
I'm well aware of that; thanks for sharing with the class, I guess.

Arvetis

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone elaborate on how the Repair enchant works in this version of Thaumcraft? I have two items with Repair II on them, and neither of them have repaired a single point in several hours of play. I was wondering if there's a resource I need to be near, as when in previous versions of Thaumcraft you had to be within an aura node's influence to drain it for repairs.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone elaborate on how the Repair enchant works in this version of Thaumcraft? I have two items with Repair II on them, and neither of them have repaired a single point in several hours of play. I was wondering if there's a resource I need to be near, as when in previous versions of Thaumcraft you had to be within an aura node's influence to drain it for repairs.
The repair enchant now consumes Vis from your wand.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm so I'm starting to do my piping in my base and have been using chisel as the building blocks of my base. Now I just went to go make covers to cover up my enderIO conduits and it doesn't look like chisel blocks can be turned into multiblocks with the saw. Am I missing something?

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I'm having the same issue with using chisel blocks as multiblocks. Does anyone know how to fix it? I know it can be done.