[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
2.0.10 TC issue

Hey @GreatOrator - I actually had the TC issue demonstrated in my tour today - I forgot about that. I start talking about it at about 40 seconds in and then show it in action.
[DOUBLEPOST=1412405445][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you load LAN you can allow cheats.

Ah! Thanks. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1412405661][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, excellent troubleshooting! I will test this in my creative world to see as well. If I can replicate I will report it. Though to be honest tinkers seems to be, ummm, not very responsive shall we say? But your account is very well done. I had wondered why you were offline last night, sorry about that!
But yeah, as @lbjodom said, if you go into LAN mode you can access cheats that way, just be careful as some of the mods will act weird in server mode (part of the reason why I don't have a server version yet).
...snipped...
And yes, as Val mentioned, I had to throw out an emergency update and did not get the chance to reload the map after removing that mod. It works fine and the good news is ChickenBones seems to have fixed it so the next update will have an updated NEI (here's hoping the bugginess we've seen has been fixed) and wireless redstone will finally be in the pack as well.

I'll try remember to try that next time. :)

Yay for NEI! I sure hope the issues plaguing me have been fixed. :)

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

Did some testing with Optifine (HD_U_A4) and Fastcraft (1.9). I'm also using SatanicSanta's JVM arguments. All tests use the JVM arguments. All tests were done inside my base. I'm running Java 7. I'm also using the Spax 64x texture pack + @GreatOrator 's TII texture patch.

Results
Base Line (JVM Arguments): FPS 30-46
With Fastcraft added: FPS: 60-90
With Optifine added: FPS: 32-49
With Fastcraft + Optifine: FPS: 63-95

I'll play a few hours with both added before my next stream and take a trip to Draconis to see if I experience any issues.

My relevant computer specs if you're interested:
* Intel Core i5-3470
* ASUS P8Z77-V LK Motherboard
* 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series Memory
* HIS Radeon R9 280X iPower IceQ X2 Turbo 3GB
* 1TB Sata ATA HD for OS/games
* SteelSeries Apex [Raw] Gaming Keyboard
* Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Mouse

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019

Did some testing with Optifine (HD_U_A4) and Fastcraft (1.9). I'm also using SatanicSanta's JVM arguments. All tests use the JVM arguments. All tests were done inside my base. I'm running Java 7. I'm also using the Spax 64x texture pack + @GreatOrator 's TII texture patch.

Results
With Fastcraft added: FPS: 60-90
With Optifine added: FPS: 32-49

I'll play a few hours with both added before my next stream and take a trip to Draconis to see if I experience any issues.

My relevant computer specs if you're interested:
* Intel Core i5-3470
* ASUS P8Z77-V LK Motherboard
* 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series Memory
* HIS Radeon R9 280X iPower IceQ X2 Turbo 3GB
* 1TB Sata ATA HD for OS/games
* SteelSeries Apex [Raw] Gaming Keyboard
* Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Mouse

---

There we have it yet. It takes apparently really a much better PC than mine for TolkinCraft second one sees yes here in the post of Vals NoisyToys, their graphics card alone costs already more than my whole PC .... :(
By the processor and the board I will now times not even begin to talk ....

But what would interest me much more.

What Optifine you probably use?
And what Fast Craft?
And the FPS values are all in the city (where to begin) been made?

Sorry for my bad English, I never learned it. I use the Google translator to post here, hope you understand everything.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
---

There we have it yet. It takes apparently really a much better PC than mine for TolkinCraft second one sees yes here in the post of Vals NoisyToys, their graphics card alone costs already more than my whole PC .... :(
By the processor and the board I will now times not even begin to talk ....

But what would interest me much more.

What Optifine you probably use?
And what Fast Craft?
And the FPS values are all in the city (where to begin) been made?

Sorry for my bad English, I never learned it. I use the Google translator to post here, hope you understand everything.

Google translate isn`t doing too bad a job at translating. :)

Regarding the power of my PC - I need that so when I stream it is watchable for people on Twitch. :)

The Optifine version I use is HD A4 Ultra (Forum post with all versions of Optifine: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ptifine-hd-a4-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and )
Fastcraft is version 1.9. It isn't for redistribution so I won`t post a direct link, but if you go to http://forum.industrial-craft.net/ and search for Fastcraft you`ll find it and the link to download it in the first post.

The FPS values in my original post are all taken in my base. I just did a test for comparison for you, standing outside the smithy in Draconis.

All measurements made with the Spax textures loaded.

Draconis outside the smithy
Base Line (JVM Arguments): FPS: 14-27
With Fastcraft + Optifine: FPS: 21-40

For comparision, my measurements (from my post above) at my base (inside the barn).

I hope this helps!
-- Val

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
In Draconis my FPS up to 1 FPS does not matter what I do. What's really nice not because you needed so the quests, you have to go there. Outside of Draconis I can play TolkinCraft 2 but then, as the FPS rate is a maximum of 60 FPS. But what I did not work, because I can not really finish the quests in Draconis, because of the low FPS :(

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
In Draconis my FPS up to 1 FPS does not matter what I do. What's really nice not because you needed so the quests, you have to go there. Outside of Draconis I can play TolkinCraft 2 but then, as the FPS rate is a maximum of 60 FPS. But what I did not work, because I can not really finish the quests in Draconis, because of the low FPS :(
Make sure nothing else is running....it is normal to get lower fps while in the town of course because of everything going on, but not that low, it is almost like something else on your computer is taking up processes.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if someone can help? I received a quest from the Baker to deliver a package or meet with the Farmer. After doing so, the Farmer gave me a crate to bring back to the Baker. Here's my problem, I accidentally placed the crate and when I picked it back up it had the default item name, now the Baker will not except it so I can finish the job.

I have tried excepting the job again, but it stays the same. It's not a big deal that I can't finish it, but it bugs me that it is stuck in my quest/job list. Is there away to abandon/delete it from my list? Thank for any help given:)

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know of a way to restart or abandon the quest. With that said, i screwed up on one of play throughs one time and lost the item. But i took a crate to an anvil and renamed exactly as the quest item name is and was able to turn it in.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know of a way to restart or abandon the quest. With that said, i screwed up on one of play throughs one time and lost the item. But i took a crate to an anvil and renamed exactly as the quest item name is and was able to turn it in.

Thank you:) Now I just have to remember what it was named.lol

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for helping @coolbrz ! Yes, that is the way for now to fix it, I am adding quests in the hqm book for select items just in case this happens going forward.

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
You can get the package again directly from the quest book... images to show you:
11pd2M5.png

odfqzDO.png

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got home to try it. It worked first try:) Thank you! Now off to try and kill the troll. Wish me luck, if its anything like the first bandits & boss I'm going to need it.
lol, yes, the bosses do get harder as you go along...so...GOOD LUCK!

You can get the package again directly from the quest book... images to show you:

Well, guess it did make it into the quest book this version...lol

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to turn that one in as soon as it unlocked -- didn't have to see the baker/farmer at all

Same here, and its not repeatable, so I couldn't use that to get a new crate. I don't mined renaming it in the anvil, I wish I would have thought of it before I bugged people on the Forum. I'm glad that I was helped, and also that is good to know, cause it will probably help if something like that happens again:) with me it will.lol