Opinions on Microsoft buying Mojang

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I won't say it's game over for Minecraft. It's most likely quite the opposite. Also just modding and adding plugins to MC was child's play. I am no advanced programmer, but making a FTB cauldron Monster server with plugins was extreamly easy. Any error was just process of elimination with a bit of research. I guess it's time to get with the times and advance in your programming skills. Unless your the ones actually programming the mod or plugins existence. You people are amazing. I want to take some online classes to create stuff like that.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
You must be really naive person to believe in this statement. Sure they will not change for now until dust calms down. But later, in next few years, they can still flip the switch. Like they did with Xbone (first they were saying that you need internet to use Xbone, 1 week later they were saying that you don't need internet to use it).

It's unbelievable that people are still trust such big company as M$ and others. Man, look what Notch did ...

Just saying ...
If it takes them a few years to do anything nasty, I'll consider that a pretty good run. How long did it take Notch to break your trust? I'd consider it naive to believe any company will uphold all of its promises forever. It doesn't matter how big or small or what their history is.

One of my favorite statements on this is "Forever is a really long time", by Mathew Mecham when he turned Invision Board into a company and started charging for it, something that he once upon a time promised would be free forever. Change happens.

Reactions: NunoAgapito

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
If we can't find or create a suitable successor for Minecraft in a few years from now, added to the few years we've already had, we've got issues bigger than who owns the game we're playing.

Reactions: RedBoss and Hambeau

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
You must be really naive person to believe in this statement. Sure they will not change for now until dust calms down. But later, in next few years, they can still flip the switch. Like they did with Xbone (first they were saying that you need internet to use Xbone, 1 week later they were saying that you don't need internet to use it).

It's unbelievable that people are still trust such big company as M$ and others. Man, look what Notch did ...

Just saying ...
and you must be really paranoid... Your one and only example is not even comparable to this situation, and it ended up being a good thing for the system. What are you trying to say? They should have left it as is?

Just saying :)

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
and you must be really paranoid... Your one and only example is not even comparable to this situation, and it ended up being a good thing for the system. What are you trying to say? They should have left it as is?

Just saying :)

Let us not forget that Microsofts xbox one was made with a mandatory spy camera that had to be constantly turned on to play the system. Without the camera turned on, you can't use the console. People have a right to be paranoid, expecially when it comes to Microsoft.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Let us not forget that Microsofts xbox one was made with a mandatory spy camera that had to be constantly turned on to play the system. Without the camera turned on, you can't use the console. People have a right to be paranoid, expecially when it comes to Microsoft.
The point is, in both cases it was some idiot's "bright idea" that ended up being axed.

If it had not been axed before release, fine, be paranoid, but in both of these cases neither feature saw the light of day. Yet it still lives on in your hearts. Paranoia. :)

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
You do realize that the Infrared "spy" camera you mentioned is not even sold with the system anymore?
This thread has passed from paranoid to fear-mongering.

My opinion can be summed up with this comic:
http://www.gucomics.com/comic/

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Just because your paranoid don't mean their not watching you. I digress.

I actually feel bad for Microsoft. They can't seem to catch a break. In my honest opinion I feel they don't belong in the console world, and never did. When it comes to gaming MS should stick in the computer world, and I think that's their goal.

It's kind of funny. I played MC for 3 years now, and when the ps4 came out last year it didn't even attract me. 3 days after MS bought MC I went straight to the store and bought a new ps4 and love it. Poor MS just can't catch a break.[DOUBLEPOST=1411399779][/DOUBLEPOST]
You do realize that the Infrared "spy" camera you mentioned is not even sold with the system anymore?
This thread has passed from paranoid to fear-mongering.

My opinion can be summed up with this comic:
http://www.gucomics.com/comic/
I know this. They did a u turn and changed it before launch because fans flipped out. (or at least they claim they did) It still caused their system to fail. Like usual.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Just because your paranoid don't mean their not watching you. I digress.

I actually feel bad for Microsoft. They can't seem to catch a break. In my honest opinion I feel they don't belong in the console world, and never did. When it comes to gaming MS should stick in the computer world, and I think that's their goal.

It's kind of funny. I played MC for 3 years now, and when the ps4 came out last year it didn't even attract me. 3 days after MS bought MC I went straight to the store and bought a new ps4 and love it. Poor MS just can't catch a break.
Peasant! :p
Even without MC, I have absolutely no desire to purchase a console.
But maybe a boat...

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I know this. They did a u turn and changed it before launch because fans flipped out.
Which was a great business decision. I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

Should they have left the spy camera? Would they have kept more respect with you if they held to their principles? lel...

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Which was a great business decision. I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

Should they have left the spy camera? Would they have kept more respect with you if they held to their principles? lel...

Hell no. What I'm saying is MS does dumb things that obviously won't go well with their fans. Whether it's launching a system that can't take its own power, or trying to making a system with an integrated camera to watch players jerk off or what ever their daily activities bring. Mostly jerking off no doubt. My point is I'm anti MS when it comes to xbox and gaming. I always have been since the PS one. I won't play a MS game because they ruined the majority of one's I loved for N64, and I rather tip a male stripper then by an xbox.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hell no. What I'm saying is MS does dumb things that obviously won't go well with their fans. Whether it's launching a system that can't take its own power, or trying to making a system with an integrated camera to watch players jerk off or what ever their daily activities bring. Mostly jerking off no doubt. My point is I'm anti MS when it comes to xbox and gaming. I always have been since the PS one. I won't play a MS game because they ruined the majority of one's I loved for N64, and I rather tip a male stripper then by an xbox.
Oh boy... you better lock yourself inside a dark closet and never leave, coz if you start searching for mistakes done by any other company, you will never want to leave the closet.
Every company had done similar mistakes in the past... You just need to google for it!

But, I understand, we all have our "pet company" that we hate and all the stuff they do is always the end of the world even if other did something 1000x worst. Again, haters gotta hate!

I for example, hate the company with a fruit that sells their non-costumizable hardware with their non-costumizable software for 4x more the price and still think they have better products then the others

Reactions: RedBoss

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Oh boy... you better lock yourself inside a dark closet and never leave, coz if you start searching for mistakes done by any other company, you will never want to leave the closet.
Every company had done similar mistakes in the past... You just need to google for it!

But, I understand, we all have our "pet company" that we hate and all the stuff they do is always the end of the world even if other did something 1000x worst. Again, haters gotta hate!

I for example, hate the company with a fruit that sells their non-costumizable hardware with their non-costumizable software for 4x more the price and still think they have better products then the others
Don't forget that this hardware is barely distinguishable, on the inside, from non-fruit based hardware.
(spoiler alert: I may share this dislike)

Reactions: RedBoss

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Watch the shaft episode #199 they talk about some reasons why Microsoft (probably) won't blow it right away

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Well, all of that is completely different than throwing up things that were bad ideas to begin with in an attempt to demonize a company.

and wait, what? you're mad about Turok then. Let's be real with eachother since we're having this convo, it's just Turok. So what? That's one franchise, one game, and things like this happen all the time. The N64 version was still awesome and Microsoft can't change that.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, all of that is completely different than throwing up things that were bad ideas to begin with in an attempt to demonize a company.

and wait, what? you're mad about Turok then. Let's be real with eachother since we're having this convo, it's just Turok. So what? That's one franchise, one game, and things like this happen all the time. The N64 version was still awesome and Microsoft can't change that.

I don't think MS is fully evil, though large amounts of money make things evil by default. I think MS is extreamly dumb with large amounts of money to compensate for un wise, or at least un lucky choices. Should I put my trust and effort into a company known to constantly make mistakes? When you put your trust into an unwise company you fall when they fall. Should I remind people of windows 8? Whose bad idea was that? Oh yea, Ms.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Those are all opinions, which are fine.

Leave the fear-mongering about features that were decided to be stupid ideas out of it though, that's all. :)

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Those are all opinions, which are fine.

Leave the fear-mongering about features that were decided to be stupid ideas out of it though, that's all. :)

I'm far from feeling fear. I honestly feel like taking classes to learn how to program better so I can influence others to makes more indie games. MC isn't that anymore under the wing of MS. I'm not saying it's good, bad, or meaningless. I'm saying it's time to stop dwelling in the past and take everything you learned from MC to make new.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
There are people like me who unlike Notch would want the fame, and want the community. That's why my most favorite are companies like Square Enix and Nintendo. They stay loyal, and maybe they go out on a limb from time to time making strange games the fans don't really like, but they stay loyal. That's how gaming should be. You stay loyal to fans, they stay loyal to you. Notch increase that drive within me making me more loyal to non sellout companies, and made me want to get better at programming and maybe even create games.