[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Mine was brand new single-player world.
I bet it was one of the times the MSC bugs and lets mobs spawn everywhere, including bedrock! Probably, the restart fixed it, not the downgrade and upgrade of version.

If it happens again, just quit and load the save again. Mobs might still be there but no more will spawn. You just need to kill them or, if its like hundreds of them, switch to peaceful and back to your previous difficulty.[DOUBLEPOST=1410406774][/DOUBLEPOST]@parcel31u you are the BIGGEST troller!!!!!
Until now, I really didnt had a reason to call you names...until now!!!

I was struggling with ender pearls... really struggling! Even did a mob farm just to get them!

And now..... I realize I was surrounded in them! Completely surrounded! :mad:

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
So, I quite like this map, and the areas and overall design is nice. Everything isn't totally symmetrical, the storage area is nicely, minimally junked up as is the unfinished area. But the starting area has always kind of bugged me a bit. It is nice, but distracting--too many conflicting textures and slightly shifted hues...and the left is longer by 1 block. That last one alone will bug OCD people to no end. :p

Anyways, I have done a relatively minimal edit to attempt to address some of these issues. I've basically just reduced the number of textures and worked to make things a bit more uniform and complimentary. Almost everything is still in place with a couple exceptions. 1) I moved the ae wires from above down below, and 2)
The you-tuber safe in the back left pillar was moved to the top to make it less obvious with the new blocks. The safe if the left wall was moved in one with the rest of that wall. I used mcedit to move them, so hopefully it kept all the things you did to let people open/break them.
Except for those, everything is cosmetic and nothing else has been touched. So, please take a look and see what you think. I included the level.dat so it can be used in future versions if you like it. :)
Near Spawn.png Interior Angle.png Exterior Angle.png

Edit: Updated the attached level file. This one gets rid of all the levers on the illuminators. Yay!
Edit2: Missed a few levers inside last time.

Attachments

• leveldatnolevers2.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Reactions: parcel31u

eliminat

Jul 29, 2019
I bet it was one of the times the MSC bugs and lets mobs spawn everywhere, including bedrock! Probably, the restart fixed it, not the downgrade and upgrade of version.

Actually I restarted the game and created a new world 3 times before attempting the downgrade. Each time the monsters appeared.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
So, I quite like this map, and the areas and overall design is nice. Everything isn't totally symmetrical, the storage area is nicely, minimally junked up as is the unfinished area. But the starting area has always kind of bugged me a bit. It is nice, but distracting--too many conflicting textures and slightly shifted hues...and the left is longer by 1 block. That last one alone will bug OCD people to no end. :p

Anyways, I have done a relatively minimal edit to attempt to address some of these issues. I've basically just reduced the number of textures and worked to make things a bit more uniform and complimentary. Almost everything is still in place with a couple exceptions. 1) I moved the ae wires from above down below, and 2)
The you-tuber safe in the back left pillar was moved to the top to make it less obvious with the new blocks. The safe if the left wall was moved in one with the rest of that wall. I used mcedit to move them, so hopefully it kept all the things you did to let people open/break them.
Except for those, everything is cosmetic and nothing else has been touched. So, please take a look and see what you think. I included the level.dat so it can be used in future versions if you like it. :)
View attachment 12848 View attachment 12849 View attachment 12850

Edit: Updated the attached level file. This one gets rid of all the levers on the illuminators. Yay!
Edit2: Missed a few levers inside last time.

You put the symbol on the ceiling ;o

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also having the same problem with the me energy cells...

Any advice?

Advice? Lol those have always been weird about submission. I've tried changing them multiple times to work, but now I'm just going to remove the quest. Energy cells must be at 0%[DOUBLEPOST=1410452534][/DOUBLEPOST]For people having problems with mobs spawning in the main base, try taking the mobs spawning configuration located in the template folder and put it in the mine craft directory, renaming it to take the place of the default spawning configuration.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
For people having problems with mobs spawning in the main base, try taking the mobs spawning configuration located in the template folder and put it in the mine craft directory, renaming it to take the place of the default spawning configuration.
Now that you talk about it.... I kind did that a few days ago just to make stuff "coherent" and never had the problem again. The mod must bug somewhere and start using default settings!!

WhiskeyJack

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been playing the pack, I have played through 1.1 and 1.3 and so far I really only have one issue with the pack. I have never done bees before and I know pretty much nothing about them (and i'm sure i'm not the only person). The questline for bees does not explain how to do bees at all really. I think adding some info in the book about bees or perhaps a book for bees would be nice so that going back and forth between the wiki(which is under par) and the game. Just my 2 cents :)

Alifalafel

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the new quests for Health Boost potions...the quest text indicates it should be a repeatable quest, which it isn't. Also, the potion text indicates that it should be a permanent boost, rather than just a long potion. I wouldn't mind it wearing off, however, as long as I could pay again to get another.

(I've only checked the Health Boost 1, not the other one)

TyreForHyre

Jul 29, 2019
For people having problems with mobs spawning in the main base, try taking the mobs spawning configuration located in the template folder and put it in the mine craft directory, renaming it to take the place of the default spawning configuration.

I've found from a fresh install of 1.4, SpawnConfiguration.txt isn't located in the template folder at all, so perhaps this is the issue people are running into. If you install 1.3, then upgrade to 1.4, then there are no issues with spawning, either with old saves or ones newly created in 1.4. Least from what I can see.

I thought I was going nuts looking through the whole template folder after the fresh install and failing to see anything at all to move to the main minecraft directory!

Reactions: parcel31u

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I've found from a fresh install of 1.4, SpawnConfiguration.txt isn't located in the template folder at all, so perhaps this is the issue people are running into. If you install 1.3, then upgrade to 1.4, then there are no issues with spawning, either with old saves or ones newly created in 1.4. Least from what I can see.

I thought I was going nuts looking through the whole template folder after the fresh install and failing to see anything at all to move to the main minecraft directory!
Normally I don't like to push updates so close to each other, because I don't like to bother the good people on the FTB team as much as I already do, but since this is very gamebreaking, I will probably re-upload the same files as 1.4, including the missing file.

Thank you all for letting me know exactly what the problem was :D

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Update will be within 72 hours. Also read the first post if you don't know how to fix the spawning config.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Dragon down \o/ (besides the derp of forgetting to bring a bow and arrows and leaving the matter gun at the base...)

So... a few question:

Never found ceruclase or alduarite ores... Were they missing in the nether disk at version 1.1? Couldn't also find Meutoite in the End but I only did a quick run after killing the dragon. Will have to look better for it.
On pay to win you have DLC season 2 and 3. Where is season 1? Or its not a quest?
I have 31 2+ dimension folders but only got but only got 15 disks (6 small, 8 medium and 1 large). Did I miss anything? Also didnt found any r-something disk... I'm only missing the bees and victory monument quests... are they there?

Kinda feel I'm going to miss some stuff for the 100% like the chicken tropheu... :(

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Dragon down \o/ (besides the derp of forgetting to bring a bow and arrows and leaving the matter gun at the base...)

So... a few question:

Never found ceruclase or alduarite ores... Were they missing in the nether disk at version 1.1? Couldn't also find Meutoite in the End but I only did a quick run after killing the dragon. Will have to look better for it.
On pay to win you have DLC season 2 and 3. Where is season 1? Or its not a quest?
I have 31 2+ dimension folders but only got but only got 15 disks (6 small, 8 medium and 1 large). Did I miss anything? Also didnt found any r-something disk... I'm only missing the bees and victory monument quests... are they there?

Kinda feel I'm going to miss some stuff for the 100% like the chicken tropheu... :(

Clearly not as good of pack as Running Red.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Clearly not as good of pack as Running Red.
LOOOOOL

This was not my evaluation of the pack!! I did not finished it, so... no reason to do it!!

I already have some mental notes about it but I want to finish it first. And for that I need to know if I didn't screw up and that the things I am missing are bugs from previous versions.

But... I will tell you its a really good pack and I can't compare it with Running Red since they are tottaly different packs! If jampack was divided in categories, RR would won best story/lore/integration with mods and ME^3 won on adventure/creativity/map design.

Not sure if you seen all Wyld stream yesterday but I totally agree with him. Packs like ME^3, RR and Crash Landing are going to redefine the way packs are designed in the future. They will stop being just a bunch of mods together and that is all thanks to you guys!!!!

All of you already won by being the creators of a new way of designing packs.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: buggirlexpres