[1.0.0] Modular Armour - Now configurable!

C

chbachman

I love this debate. I agree with both sides. This was not an original idea. However, I saw a void, and filled it the way that i would do it. MMPS was written such that the armour had variables that the Upgrades Changed. My mod is written that each Upgrade is given a set of "hooks" or things that it can do, and then uses those "hooks" to edit the behavior of the armour. My method naturally lends itself to more configurability in general, because of the fact that it allows a Addon maker to edit my armour, much in the same way that a Mod maker can edit the properties of a block.

So, my method and my idea were both unoriginal. However, i feel that i filled a void, because MMPS did not update. I tried to recreate it, and i think that i succeded in making a system, that although it has its flaws, works, and can work well if i iron out some bugs and add some more features.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
"I'm not going to say it's spectacular, because, if we're being entirely honest, it isn't; The idea isn't one hundred percent original,"

Being that this was your first supporting comment to your criticism, that's pretty much exactly what you said.

Let the guy make his mod a bit more , then judge how original or inspired it is.

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.

This mod looks pretty decent. I'm not going to say it's spectacular, because, if we're being entirely honest, it isn't; The idea isn't one hundred percent original, and from what I saw in the screenshots, it doesn't seem to be as 'pretty' as it's 1.6.4 competitor.

But it isn't. It isn't one hundred percent original. What you're doing wrong is applying what I said entirely on one subject. There aren't just 'ones' and 'twos', there are a bunch of others in between. As I said before, I never said 'unoriginality' meant 'quality', but I do believe that an original idea gains points for being simply never being done before. And as I said:

But ffs, it's in version 0.0.1 still, so there's no legit reason to complain. I really wish this mod goes well, if it does, I'm pretty sure we will add it to PhoenixCraft, @Gideonseymour and @Qazplm601.

I wasn't criticizing him in any way that could be even considered offensive, I gave him time; Hell, I even offered help! I can't quite see where you're coming from from that last statement, but well - I don't like judging things that I can't quite understand, so, if that's your opinion, that's fine. Can we just end this pointless debate here and call ourselves even?

Reactions: pc_assassin
C

chbachman

Updated to Modular Armour to Version 0.1.1
Added Modular Baubles.
Baubles is now a requirement.
Changed recipes to work with Ore dictionary.

C

chbachman

Updated to Modular Armour to Version 0.1.2
Removed Baubles as a Requirement. (@Democretes, shhh dont tell them it was easy)
Added Thaumcraft Aspects

Reactions: pc_assassin
C

chbachman

Working on adding mod compatibility. What do you guys want for it? I already have thaumcraft goggles of revealing and vis discounts.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Working on adding mod compatibility. What do you guys want for it? I already have thaumcraft goggles of revealing and vis discounts.

Randomly throwing stuff at you...
  1. Attach redstone arsenal tools to your armour? :p
  2. Bind twilight forest special weapons and tools to augment the armour
  3. Attach mage leggings and other such items to calf pads?
  4. Attach mariculture titanium plates to improve armour traits...

C

chbachman

Randomly throwing stuff at you...
  1. Attach redstone arsenal tools to your armour? :p
  2. Bind twilight forest special weapons and tools to augment the armour
  3. Attach mage leggings and other such items to calf pads?
  4. Attach mariculture titanium plates to improve armour traits...
Could you give me a idea of what these would do?