[1.0.0] Modular Armour - Now configurable!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
@Qazplm601 @trajing @Gideonseymour please try not to keep derailing threads when we have a convo to carry out this stuff in.

On topic:

Looks good so far, definitely interested to see where it goes.
Yes, I have been missing my powersuits in 1.7. Before Bound Armour, they were literally the only things I would wear. So I am very happy to see the return of them

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
bsd5u.jpg

If it was dinnerbone i think i would have created a big rant at him by now. :)

Reactions: chbachman

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
My only request for this mod is that it doesn't get the fancy rendering like MPS... Ever! It just made it so that I couldn't added to my "lite" pack for the asci server.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

C

chbachman

I'm trying to figure out what makes this different to MMPS.
I made it. Um... It has a lot more bugs.... No fancy rendering.... No module configurability.

On the other hand, it has somebody who will listen to the community and listen to new ideas for modules.

Also, I have a plan to integrate with baubles and create modular baubles.

Oh, and it is for 1.7.10.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chbachman

1. Thank you for spelling armour as armour (seriously).
2. Curseforge link gives me 404 not found.

1. I learned my armour and defence spellings from a british book. :p
2. Curseforge has not accepted my project, they should now.

EDIT: Its up now. I think.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I made it. Um... It has a lot more bugs.... No fancy rendering.... No module configurability.

On the other hand, it has somebody who will listen to the community and listen to new ideas for modules.

Also, I have a plan to integrate with baubles and create modular baubles.

Oh, and it is for 1.7.10.
So, and don't take this as an insult, I don't mean it that way, but it's a bare bones MPS mod?

Will it have an open API for others to include modules of their own? Like say a Pressure Bar and Hacking Module from PneumaticCraft?

C

chbachman

So, and don't take this as an insult, I don't mean it that way, but it's a bare bones MPS mod?

Will it have an open API for others to include modules of their own? Like say a Pressure Bar and Hacking Module from PneumaticCraft?

Yes, but it is also in its first beta release. I am hoping for more additions as time goes on.

About the API, i would love that, but i am not sure about how to go about doing that. If a modder could help me, i would gladly add that in. As it is, it would be easy for a modder to make a addon to my mod, not sure about a module. That would probably be on their end.

Also, what would you like to make it better? I try to listen to the comunity as much as possible.

And yes, the mod is open source.

My only request for this mod is that it doesn't get the fancy rendering like MPS... Ever! It just made it so that I couldn't added to my "lite" pack for the asci server.

Dont worry, rendering is the bane of my existence.

On that topic, does anybody want to make me a better texture for my armour. I kinda stole it from Redstone Arsenal when they were back in testing. :p

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but it is also in its first beta release. I am hoping for more additions as time goes on.

About the API, i would love that, but i am not sure about how to go about doing that. If a modder could help me, i would gladly add that in. As it is, it would be easy for a modder to make a addon to my mod, not sure about a module. That would probably be on their end.
I strongly suggest making the Upgrades automatically add to a List when they are initialized, this way all Upgrades are added automatically and you don't have to add them later.

C

chbachman

I strongly suggest making the Upgrades automatically add to a List when they are initialized, this way all Upgrades are added automatically and you don't have to add them later.
I think they do. Only the recipes might not be automatically added, for batch upgrades. Or they will after my next Push. :p

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019

Also, what would you like to make it better? I try to listen to the comunity as much as possible.

And yes, the mod is open source.
I'm thinking in it's current stage it's very much like Baubles as it's a mod which only really exists for it's API and has the few features for the sake of showing how you'd create modules and such for the suit in which case this is a very pleasing idea, especially if someone or even you add a feature to change how the armor looks, perhaps with a special model as an optional feature rather than something you have to deal with or just have it invisible.

It'd be nice if we could see some cool features for this like the MMPS More Modules mod and have a proper iron man suit.

Could you enlighten as to what the charge rates are like? For example is it power thirsty like MMPS regardless of the additions or is it managable? Can you charge it with Capacitors in the inventory? Can you use capacitors as their batteries as a module itself, for example if you installed a Resonant Power Module the suit would have 10m RF capacity?

Lastly, How good will it be/is it in terms of resistance to damage? Will you have modules centered around different kind of damage? Like Projectile Armor, Blast Armor, Fire Resistance, Potion Effect (wither, poison, etc), etc? Is it relative to Iron Armor? Diamond? Perhaps better? Can you allow for modules that add their own types of damage like Magic Damage from Ars Magicka, Flux Damage from Redstone Arsenal?

Perhaps even a way to counteract the Warp effects from Thaumcraft? (If Thaumcraft allows that, I'm not entirely sure how that works)

Just stuff to think about.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
While I'm on a roll, let me tell you my thoughts on fancy rendered shizzlewizzle.

Here's the thing about the MMPS armor's rendering, or at least my thoughts on it. I've heard a lot of people say stuff against it's addition, for example it looks ugly, more so than it's normally rendered predecessor and it just doesn't fit the minecraft look what with the default rendering's curvature and all that stuff. In fact the alternate render design fit the minecraft bill a lot better, however still looked kind of weird and I agree, it did. It looked bulky, even for Minecraft and in contrast to the body wearing it there was a jarring difference between the user and their armor, but that shouldn't be the nail in the coffin for rendering. If Thaumcraft's Fortress armor proved anything it's that fancy rendered armor can look really cool (even if it doesn't fit the mod and was just added because ooh shiny) The beauty of this mod's purpose is to provide people with the ability to add their own modules with it's open sourcedness and if possible they can make their own renders which fits their aesthetic choice without that choice being forced upon them, which was an issue that MMPS unfortunately had as it straight up removed the usual textures with no option to bring them back and for lesser computers that's a bad thing which is why as I mentioned, the user should have the option.

Simply put, if you don't want to do your own rendering, that's fine! Hell, I'm no coder but I can only imagine the stress involved in making a properly rendered suit that looks good, however give others the option to render for themselves in an addon. Give them the option and you won't need to render. Hell, you may even find someone who wants to do the rendering for you that you can pull into the mod natively.

BTW, I'd love to see a high-tech fortress armor. Even that would fit better than hurr Thurmcrerft.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
What about reactive armor module- cost exponential charge to block damage completely (1 heart=x, 2 hearts=4x, 3 hearts=9x, 4 hearts=16x).

...Flashback to last time i suggested something like that...

What about fluid based module support? Removable type of modules that can be charged separately with fluid/items/essentia?!