Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Nice

Let's assume he meant fastest and easiest

It's clear that he meant exactly that, but again that's only one definition of superiority. For example, the guy I built my current pack with wanted Warp Books for player transportation, I wanted Enhanced Portals 3. We decided to add both. Warp Books are clearly the best option if your only goal is cheap teleportation, but that isn't my goal. My goal is a network of portals that looks cool and is fun to use. So, even though warp books can do the same job(essentially) and do it cheaper, enhanced portals are vastly superior for my purposes.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It's clear that he meant exactly that, but again that's only one definition of superiority. For example, the guy I built my current pack with wanted Warp Books for player transportation, I wanted Enhanced Portals 3. We decided to add both. Warp Books are clearly the best option if your only goal is cheap teleportation, but that isn't my goal. My goal is a network of portals that looks cool and is fun to use. So, even though warp books can do the same job(essentially) and do it cheaper, enhanced portals are vastly superior for my purposes.
and just when I say it's over...I guess we hit the opinion wall again didn't we.

Reactions: Padfoote

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
"Superior" is entirely subjective. MFR farms being easier to set up and use only makes them superior if your goal is the fastest, easiest farm possible. If your goal is to make something complex or just "cool," then perhaps forestry farms are superior. It all depends on what you value in your play.
Let's assume he meant fastest and easiest
I did. You would never use Forestry over MFR if your intention was to make the most efficient farm. Thus, MFR is superior.

Cool is also subjective. Maybe someone thinks it's cool to have a simple, compact and massive producer of crops. A mod being reduced to a niche gimmick because another is technically vastly superior is disappointing.

Are you talking about Mystcraft warp books? They can make portal networks too, and more cheaply.

Reactions: immibis

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A mod being reduced to a niche gimmick because another is technically vastly superior is disappointing.
It also puts packmakers, especially those managing servers in the position of being forced to choose between either ditching one of the two mods to curb player power differences, or allowing their economy to tank because of the huge power discrepancies.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
It also puts packmakers, especially those managing servers in the position of being forced to choose between either ditching one of the two mods to curb player power differences, or allowing their economy to tank because of the huge power discrepancies.
Or they could be like the US economy and say "who gives a shit?"

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
I did. You would never use Forestry over MFR if your intention was to make the most efficient farm. Thus, MFR is superior.

Cool is also subjective. Maybe someone thinks it's cool to have a simple, compact and massive producer of crops. A mod being reduced to a niche gimmick because another is technically vastly superior is disappointing.

Are you talking about Mystcraft warp books? They can make portal networks too, and more cheaply.

I was talking about the mod Warp Books.

I'm just going to agree to disagree because this is going in circles. I feel like my point is just not getting across to you and I don't know how to make it anymore clear.

Oh it's just I thought we had reached some sort of conclusion or something :p

We did... about RF.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
i'm just gonna miss MJ(and, by extension, EU) if they dissapear. i just worry of 2 things.
1.RF becomes standard, RoC/GT/others all become odd standouts.
2.RF support will become demanded, in mods where it does not fit. and if those mods do not add it, they are viewed "bad" by many.
(tinfoil hats for everyone!)
I definitely don't frequent the areas you guys do. This seems out of left field to me.

But if I'm honest, as long as I don't have to charge my Chisel or add power to my Carpenter's Blocks, I'll be fine.

Reactions: Deftscythe

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I definitely don't frequent the areas you guys do. This seems out of left field to me.

But if I'm honest, as long as I don't have to charge my Chisel or add power to my Carpenter's Blocks, I'll be fine.
"us guys" are the PT, and we frequent everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.