ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no, please, don't start this again :/ I just hope that redpower gets included in its own modpack, far away from the main pack, I dont understand why so much admiration about redpower, yeah.. it was a pioneer but.. It gave me more headaches than I'd like to remember.. That being said, i guess welcome back eloraam, please dont mess with us again.. xD

Reactions: Padfoote

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Also Eloraam has come at an akward time because currently some modders are doing an exact remake of her mod called BluePower. My hope is that the modders invite Eloraam to join in.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Also Eloraam has come at an akward time because currently some modders are doing an exact remake of her mod called BluePower. My hope is that the modders invite Eloraam to join in.
Isn't that...kind of a stupid thing to do seeing as Eloraam has long since copyrighted her mod?

Besides, just like Hollywood, you can throw around all the remakes and "reimaginings" you want, but they never hold a candle to the original.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't that...kind of a stupid thing to do seeing as Eloraam has long since copyrighted her mod?
That confuses me greatly, especially with all the gripes about licensing and copyright that gets thrown about by mod devs. Even down to copying her nikolite, which is only found in RedPower. It seems very silly.

Reactions: YX33A

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
As exiting as her return may be. Modpack makers will thing twice before putting her mod in the modpack. No one want's to make modpack just to find out that one of their main modders dropped out again. Even if replacement for her mods are lower quality, reliability of a modder make take part in what people put in the modpack.

If I was tradesman and had delivery from 1 producer who gives me great product but has a habit of disappearing for months without trace or producer with slightly less quality but who delivers on time every time I know who I would choose to make a deal with.

Eloram will have to work hard to gain back trust of community before people even consider switching back.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Huh. Just decided to check in again to see where things were at. So, a couple vague posts to her twitter...and then silence?

What year is this again?

Reactions: Not_Steve

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If I made a modpack, I'd certainly include the real RedPower, when it arrives, over the host of remakes, rips, and other nonsense. Even if she doesn't update regularly and skips versions. I'd much rather stick back a few vanilla versions with a good pack of mods as opposed to getting the "latest and greatest" (which, when it comes to Mojang, is an oxymoron) and missing out on a lot of content. Granted, I've migrated to 1.6, but I still miss RedPower. There was just something to it, something unique that really isn't captured by any other mod, and I liked that.

[Also, I've noticed something. Is it just me, or do these forums force my sentences to have a single space after the period, instead of the two I give 'em?]

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
If I made a modpack, I'd certainly include the real RedPower, when it arrives, over the host of remakes, rips, and other nonsense. Even if she doesn't update regularly and skips versions. I'd much rather stick back a few vanilla versions with a good pack of mods as opposed to getting the "latest and greatest" (which, when it comes to Mojang, is an oxymoron) and missing out on a lot of content. Granted, I've migrated to 1.6, but I still miss RedPower. There was just something to it, something unique that really isn't captured by any other mod, and I liked that.

[Also, I've noticed something. Is it just me, or do these forums force my sentences to have a single space after the period, instead of the two I give 'em?]
At this point Eloraam has gone wayyyyyy past "doesn't update regularly" Two updates in two years, and the last update was over a year and a half ago. And that update was somewhat of a mess, in terms of bugs and server performance and stability.

At this point, while I'm glad to see Eloraam is alive and well, I'm treating Red Power as dead and buried. If she posts pictures or other proof of work in progress I will allow myself to be pleasantly surprised, but vague posts on twitter don't count.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
You can't copyright an idea. As long as they don't rip her textures or code, there's no problem.
Yep and you also have to take in consideration that all of her ore textures are in front of the vanilla stone making them fair ground. And a lot of her other textures are very derivative. So you could use the Nikolite texture, tungsten or the Project Bench, but not the blueletric wires.

Reactions: YX33A

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, whatever mod Eloraam presents, if it's interesting, relatively stable and current with what modpacks are available, I'll put it in. Life's too short to get all twisted over the 'possibility' that she may disappear again.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I'm concerned, whatever mod Eloraam presents, if it's interesting, relatively stable and current with what modpacks are available, I'll put it in. Life's too short to get all twisted over the 'possibility' that she may disappear again.

psst. Have you been paying attention to twitter? She already did.

Status
Not open for further replies.