Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
This is where you should go back to normal Forestry mechanics... Making an Infernal/Infernal princess/drone pair from a single drone is very simple... Just bring out your beealyzer and keep all the "middle stages" until you are done.
That's pretty much what I'm talking about, except making sure that fertility 4 is on all participants, to maximize the potential choices.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to turn wand vis into research points? I'm out of research points and have scanned most things in my base.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to turn wand vis into research points? I'm out of research points and have scanned most things in my base.
Nope, deconstruction table is your only option if you have nothing else to scan (though you've probably got stuff in AE, but I know getting it out is a bit of a chore).

Thaumcraft has 3 types of "stuff" knowledge (research points), magic (wand vis), and matter (essentia). They all have their own aquisition methods, and they can't be converted from one to another.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I need to move my Big Reactor Turbine, but that turbine glass is a pain to remove is there any easy way to recover it?
Recover, as in it breaks and is lost like vanilla glass? Silk touch. Though that's rather alarming to think you'd lose so much material.

What exactly would have to be deleted, on a server, to delete the entire nether?
The Overworld is Dimension 0, the Nether is Dimension -1, the End is Dimension 1. All other dimensions are custom numbered.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I had the same issue regarding infernal drones. Is there a way to lure them with an artificial hive like you would forest or meadows drones?

I ended up flying around in the nether for a few minutes to find infernal hives. The modpack purports that the Nether is optional, so there probably is another way to get more infernal drones without all the random chance of losing the species.

I did the same, I went down to bedrock in the nether, made a floor of netherrack, placed down some scented hives and with in minutes had 4 of them turn to infernal hives. Of course after this I saw several hives around my area that I didn't see before :(

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
so if i want end bees what biome constitutes and end biome, i know a scented hive around end stone but what biome and please don't say its the end :(

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
so if i want end bees what biome constitutes and end biome, i know a scented hive around end stone but what biome and please don't say its the end :(

Unfortunately, I think it is The End.

But you can get to the End by crafting 9 eyes of ender together to get an End Portal tile.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
There is a recipe for the end portal block (the actual portal block) so that you can get to the end. Just look it up in NEI.

EDIT: Ninja'd

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, deconstruction table is your only option if you have nothing else to scan (though you've probably got stuff in AE, but I know getting it out is a bit of a chore).

Thaumcraft has 3 types of "stuff" knowledge (research points), magic (wand vis), and matter (essentia). They all have their own aquisition methods, and they can't be converted from one to another.

not the only option at all..

the far better option is to make the bees that produce lore fragments. combine 4 into a research fragment or whatever and consume that for multiple points in all of the basic aspects.

i forget the name of the bee though.. starts with an E I think. Use NEI on lore fragments.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019

the far better option is to make the bees that produce lore fragments. combine 4 into a research fragment or whatever and consume that for multiple points in all of the basic aspects.

i forget the name of the bee though.. starts with an E I think. Use NEI on lore fragments.

Yea that seems really usefull. Thanks. =] I knew the decon. table couldn't be the only way.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
Yea that seems really usefull. Thanks. =] I knew the decon. table couldn't be the only way.

no problem.. it's actually much better than the decon table.. primarily because you don't have to sit there and click each time or use any materials.

just leave the bees going and you'll have tons when you need

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you add mystcraft, even if you force all the world types to void world (0.10.13.1 can do that), you can still force a sky biome in the non-end void.

Just ... this might be a way to kill the dragon a second time!

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019

... hmm, I was not aware that this was possible. Thanks for the info. Might have to include that on my bee breeding schedule ...

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Recover, as in it breaks and is lost like vanilla glass? Silk touch. Though that's rather alarming to think you'd lose so much material.

No, what he means is that the glass takes forever to break. All the other components break fairly easily but the glass is a lot more resilient.