Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
It is set to ignore redstone signals.

As a diagnostics measure: Install a protable tank above the sending tesseract. Fill it with lava and wrench it to output. Now, if lava doesn't go into the tesseract you know that there is some tesseract mismatch. Perhaps they are on chunk boundries and have glitched out in some way and need to be broken and reset. If lava does go into the tesseract - then the thing is sending, but perhaps some other tesseract is receiving and has priority.

A portable tank on top of the receiving tesseract should fill with lava. If so, there is perhaps a glitched pipe delivering lava to the engines. Why IS there a lever next to the output of the tesseract? The tesseract automatically pumps into connected pipes, they must left in their neutral setting and not set to extract.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Daft question, but were the fluiducts always transporting lava? if they've already got something else in them (water, mob essence, liquid platinum, etc.) from another system, and haven't been either drained or re-laid, then they'll get clogged with the previous liquid, not allowing flow.

Reactions: GreenZombie

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
How do you tell what is on a particular disk? For that matter, is there any way to move the data from one disk to another without taking it out of one storage system, putting it into an inventory, and then putting it into another storage system?

Hmm ... maybe a second system with just a barrel, put one disk in, empty stuff out into the barrel, repeat until I've examined all my disks, and then put a formatted disk in to stuff it all out of the barrel?

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
How do you tell what is on a particular disk? For that matter, is there any way to move the data from one disk to another without taking it out of one storage system, putting it into an inventory, and then putting it into another storage system?

Hmm ... maybe a second system with just a barrel, put one disk in, empty stuff out into the barrel, repeat until I've examined all my disks, and then put a formatted disk in to stuff it all out of the barrel?

You can use an IO Port.
http://ae1.ae-mod.info/ME-IO-Port/

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019

Also this: http://ae1.ae-mod.info/ME-Partition-Editor/

Put your disc (works with fluid discs as well) in there and you can specify which items are white/blacklisted for this particular disc. I have one for Ingot/Metal Blocks, raw ores/powder and one designated fluiddrive for Mobessecen with all the other fluiddrives being blacklisted. Forgot the blacklisting once and had to take apart 2 drives just to "delete" all that mobessence.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
As a diagnostics measure: Install a protable tank above the sending tesseract. Fill it with lava and wrench it to output. Now, if lava doesn't go into the tesseract you know that there is some tesseract mismatch. Perhaps they are on chunk boundries and have glitched out in some way and need to be broken and reset. If lava does go into the tesseract - then the thing is sending, but perhaps some other tesseract is receiving and has priority.

A portable tank on top of the receiving tesseract should fill with lava. If so, there is perhaps a glitched pipe delivering lava to the engines. Why IS there a lever next to the output of the tesseract? The tesseract automatically pumps into connected pipes, they must left in their neutral setting and not set to extract.
Wait, not set to extract?
Thats probably the problem...

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my tesseract to work. It is supposed to be transferring lava over to my bee area so I can make some power, but no lava is coming through. I know my lava production system is working because all the barrels are filling up. I've already tried re-logging.View attachment 11413 View attachment 11414 View attachment 11415 View attachment 11416 View attachment 11417

You have tesseracts.. why are you piping lava to your bee area instead of power? It seems superfluous to generate power in multiple areas. Concentrate your power generation and pipe power through tesseracts. If you want to limit the rate at which energy transfers, put an energy storage cell between the conduits and the tesseract.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You have tesseracts.. why are you piping lava to your bee area instead of power? It seems superfluous to generate power in multiple areas. Concentrate your power generation and pipe power through tesseracts. If you want to limit the rate at which energy transfers, put an energy storage cell between the conduits and the tesseract.

Does it really matter how someone else wants to setup their base? I do the same exact thing as the OP; there's nothing wrong with it.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Does it really matter how someone else wants to setup their base? I do the same exact thing as the OP; there's nothing wrong with it.

No, it doesn't matter. I'm offering a simple solution since he was having a problem with his power.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
No, it doesn't matter. I'm offering a simple solution since he was having a problem with his power.

If the tesseract won't work (meaning it won't transfer lava), then it won't transfer power, leading the OP back to the same exact issue.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't use vanilla Forestry machines for bee breeding at all, especially if the player has not had much experience with Forestry prior.

- The Acclimatizer gives Temperature and Humidity Tolerance 5 at the cost of some Blaze Powder and Sand.
- Apiary and an Oblivion Frame gives you instant breeding cycles which greatly kick-starts the process after you got a new species.
- A simple early apiary out in the wilderness with some bees from quest rewards gives you additional princesses and honey drops that you can use when actually starting with bees.

My final genetic template for bees is as follows:
Fertility: 4x
Production: Fastest
Lifespan: Shortest (or Longest if you don't need to rapidly breed)
Pollination: Fastest
Area: Normal/Average
Humidity Tolerance: Up/Down 3
Temperature Tolerance: Up/Down 3
Flowers: Flowers
Ignores Day/Night: True
Tolerant Flyers: True
Cave Dwelling: True
Effect: None

Breeding and Production templates have different "best stats" when it comes to Fertility or Lifespan. It's also beneficial to not overwrite the Flowers or Effect genes for the Breeding template, in case a new species has something that you want to extract. And Fastest Pollination with Flowers can get annoying really fast, especially after running production bees for a couple days or weeks. :)
But I guess, everybody has his perfect template based on his current needs. And Gendustry makes it really fast and easy to change genes around.

Reactions: Padfoote

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
If the tesseract won't work (meaning it won't transfer lava), then it won't transfer power, leading the OP back to the same exact issue.

Wait, not set to extract?
Thats probably the problem...

It seems like his original problem was with the fluiducts being set improperly as opposed to the tesseracts being a problem.

- The Acclimatizer gives Temperature and Humidity Tolerance 5 at the cost of some Blaze Powder and Sand.
- Apiary and an Oblivion Frame gives you instant breeding cycles which greatly kick-starts the process after you got a new species.
- A simple early apiary out in the wilderness with some bees from quest rewards gives you additional princesses and honey drops that you can use when actually starting with bees.

Breeding and Production templates have different "best stats" when it comes to Fertility or Lifespan. It's also beneficial to not overwrite the Flowers or Effect genes for the Breeding template, in case a new species has something that you want to extract. And Fastest Pollination with Flowers can get annoying really fast, especially after running production bees for a couple days or weeks. :)
But I guess, everybody has his perfect template based on his current needs. And Gendustry makes it really fast and easy to change genes around.

I'm not looking to get into a debate about how someone uses Forestry. To each his own! These are just my recommendations. I will address your points though.

Temperature and Humidity Tolerance 5 is something that I don't think many people will benefit from in Agrarian Skies. Are there species in which Up/Down 3 would not be sufficient?

Oblivion frames are prohibitively expensive and draw Vis from the aura (which you'll have to create in your overworld bee area anyways). Personally, I think throwing 4 life upgrades into an industrial apiary and waiting about a minute or two is much easier and convenient than having a large alveary and all the accouterments to handle the oblivion frame.

I made one apiary and used it maybe 3 times before discovering Gendustry. By the time I was starting Bees, I had plenty enough infrastructure to support going full blast into the mod. I also had enough princesses from hive rewards by that point as well. Apiaries, being that they are relatively easy to make and use, are great for early game. So I guess I shouldn't say that I don't recommend any vanilla Forestry machine.

I agree with you on the point about breeding and production having different ideal stats. And yes, flowering can be very annoying- but also can be limited by not having a lot of grass. In AS, that's entirely up to you.

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019

I have jaded bees' gui.maximum pollination and multiple times the flowers have invaded my tree farm in the time between the harvester harvests and the planter replants...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
It's mostly because lava is a whole lot easier to transport and store then RF. Now I have the recources to created a power plant and tesseract it around, but early game I didn't and so I just set up engines where I needed them and pipe lava to it. And I really don't want to tear it all down and rebuild it.[DOUBLEPOST=1401835488][/DOUBLEPOST]Woudn't the best effect be the heroic bee's healing effect?

Also, is the last bee in a "breeding line" always the best? Or are there some uses of the in beetween tiers?

Edit: Also, whats the deal with the "Ignoble" or "pristine" stock bees?

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
It's mostly because lava is a whole lot easier to transport and store then RF. Now I have the recources to created a power plant and tesseract it around, but early game I didn't and so I just set up engines where I needed them and pipe lava to it. And I really don't want to tear it all down and rebuild it.[DOUBLEPOST=1401835488][/DOUBLEPOST]Woudn't the best effect be the heroic bee's healing effect?

Also, is the last bee in a "breeding line" always the best? Or are there some uses of the in beetween tiers?

Edit: Also, whats the deal with the "Ignoble" or "pristine" stock bees?

The best bee effect is relative to what you want. I don't like any effects, the particles get annoying. Other's might like beatific or heroic. It's all up to you.

The best bee in a line is also relative. Sometimes the last bee doesn't give as much of a particular species-specific comb as does the second-to-last, or others- but it might be the only one that gives a particular comb or product. It's all about what you need. In general, though, it's set up such that the last bee is generally the one you want.

Ignoble have a 10% chance of dying if you try to alter their genetics in an imprinter. Pristine will never die. Also, each will only spawn others of its kind when the queen dies. Pristine princesses will always give pristine princesses, and same for ignoble.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
The best bee effect is relative to what you want. I don't like any effects, the particles get annoying. Other's might like beatific or heroic. It's all up to you.

The best bee in a line is also relative. Sometimes the last bee doesn't give as much of a particular species-specific comb as does the second-to-last, or others- but it might be the only one that gives a particular comb or product. It's all about what you need. In general, though, it's set up such that the last bee is generally the one you want.

Ignoble have a 10% chance of dying if you try to alter their genetics in an imprinter. Pristine will never die. Also, each will only spawn others of its kind when the queen dies. Pristine princesses will always give pristine princesses, and same for ignoble.

Also, with the "perfect template stuff", how to get the good traits like 4x fertility? Do certain species of bees automatically have it, or is it just a random mutation?