Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I need enough to keep a high oven running. How big will that need to be?

Not big at all, if you use a Fertilizer (which would require a supply of bone meal and wheat).

Once heated to maximum, a block of charcoal will keep a high oven heated for a long time. We built up a supply of charcoal a while ago and dismantled our farm. Still going strong with a high oven running constantly.

A forestry multi-farm isn't bad either. It's a bit more involved than MFR or T4 golems, but it will give you a use for all that apatite you have sifted.

In my opinion, not worth the effort. Goes along with pretty much everything vanilla Forestry being superceded by better and much more efficient things.

For farms, we have MFR.
Bees and trees, we have Gendustry.
Stained glass, we have many options (MFR, Tinkers', more I think)

Forestry's machines were perfect when mods were simpler, and IC and Buildcraft ruled the tech world. Now they seem nothing more than a relic of a bygone era.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I just lost my ender quarry with a run in with lots of silverfish and overrun me with those fire charges. I survived everything and didn't die but yeah. Iridium Ore is, well, dunno where to be found. :(

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I just lost my ender quarry with a run in with lots of silverfish and overrun me with those fire charges. I survived everything and didn't die but yeah. Iridium Ore is, well, dunno where to be found. :(

It's out there. Just make sure you're exploring chunks generated in version 2.1.6, as anything before that did not have iridium ores enabled. Also many people will suggest glitching through the roof of the nether with ender pearls for a safe quarrying experience.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
It's out there. Just make sure you're exploring chunks generated in version 2.1.6, as anything before that did not have iridium ores enabled. Also many people will suggest glitching through the roof of the nether with ender pearls for a safe quarrying experience.

Is it possible to set a laser drill in the nether? That would probably be my best bet to get iridium with white focuses (i think)

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Laser drills won't produce iridium, according to just about everything I've read. You're better off using an ender quarry. Other option is to manually search and mine. You know how that ends up though.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Laser drills won't produce iridium, according to just about everything I've read. You're better off using an ender quarry. Other option is to manually search and mine. You know how that ends up though.

Might as well fight fire with fire. *Makes 10k TNT and sets off to destroy the Nether, maybe bring along my world and PC with it*

EDIT:

On second thought, maybe things will be better. I don't have to go thru that infusion stuff to get a greatwood sapling!

LN7UJRo.png

Last edited:

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019

Would it help if I were to delete the folder with the Nether Dimension from my saved world? I dont really know how far I'd have to go to encounter "new" chunks since I explored the Nether quite a bit. Don't know if this will cause the Nether to properly generate that Iridium

EDIT: On another note: Is there a guide on how to set up Storage discs in a way that makes Netherrack go into its designated disc? I've set aside a few discs with stuff that accumulates in very large numbers (Leaves, Cobblestone, Netherrack, etc...) but I noticed that some of these items always end up on my "non-designated" storages. I end up with a drive that accepts only one type of item but gets none, while the other accepts all kinds of items but
has no more storagespace left due to that one item that should've gone into the drive that was set up*ramblerambleramble*...

Last edited:

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Would it help if I were to delete the folder with the Nether Dimension from my saved world? I dont really know how far I'd have to go to encounter "new" chunks since I explored the Nether quite a bit. Don't know if this will cause the Nether to properly generate that Iridium

EDIT: On another note: Is there a guide on how to set up Storage discs in a way that makes Netherrack go into its designated disc? I've set aside a few discs with stuff that accumulates in very large numbers (Leaves, Cobblestone, Netherrack, etc...) but I noticed that some of these items always end up on my "non-designated" storages. I end up with a drive that accepts only one type of item but gets none, while the other accepts all kinds of items but
has no more storagespace left due to that one item that should've gone into the drive that was set up*ramblerambleramble*...
Use Deep Storage Units for your high volume materials. Set one up, use a precision export bus (simply for speed), to dump all of it from your ME cells into the DSU, then slap a storage bus on the DSU. Repeat as necessary.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

1. Format the disk to accept the item.
2. Place it in a Drive, and set the priority of the drive to be higher than any of the drives or ME chests holding general purpose storage.
3. Cycle any general purpose memory units through an ME IO module set to copy the items to the network.

Setting the priority is key as the ME system does not prefer formatted disks - especially if empty. At a particular priority level it will always prefer to put new items on an existing stack (where there is capacity to do so). Otherwise It won't start to use the formatted storage unless/until you (a) manually populate it and (b) clear all the existing stacks of the item in question from your network.

Once that is done, you don't technically need the raised priority as once *all* the instances of that item are on the formatted disk, new items being added to the network would see that stack and prefer to go there.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answers. Where do I set the priority for storage discs? I don't remembr seeing such an optionanywhere except on the storage bus.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answers. Where do I set the priority for storage discs? I don't remembr seeing such an optionanywhere except on the storage bus.

You set the priority on the ME Drives (the blocks, not the storage unit items). When you right click on them, there is a spanner tab on the UI on the right. Most ME blocks have it. Clicking on that lets you configure the priority of that block (and all the storage units in it (Storaqge modules dont have an intrinsic priority - their priority is that of the device they are plugged into)).

Last edited:
Reactions: Namorax

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
What you'll have to do is set a drive (block) which has all your preformatted drives in it to a high priority
Then set another drive block with all your other drives in it to a lower priority

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my tesseract to work. It is supposed to be transferring lava over to my bee area so I can make some power, but no lava is coming through. I know my lava production system is working because all the barrels are filling up. I've already tried re-logging.
2014-06-03_07.21.01.png
2014-06-03_07.21.15.png
2014-06-03_07.21.25.png
2014-06-03_07.21.38.png
2014-06-03_07.21.48.png

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my tesseract to work. It is supposed to be transferring lava over to my bee area so I can make some power, but no lava is coming through. I know my lava production system is working because all the barrels are filling up. I've already tried re-logging.View attachment 11413 View attachment 11414 View attachment 11415 View attachment 11416 View attachment 11417

It's at the end of the pipe's priority. You may have to wait for those barrels to fill before it'll flow out.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Better solution would be to have the tesseract as the first thing that the pipe encounters, with the drums after it, so the engines would get lava first, and when they were full, it'd start going into overflow storage.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Better solution would be to have the tesseract as the first thing that the pipe encounters, with the drums after it, so the engines would get lava first, and when they were full, it'd start going into overflow storage.
Good point. Do this instead.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

Priority on fluiducts doesn't work like that. The item at the far end of a fluiduct frequently gets priority over closer items. The only useful way ive found to debug fluid flows, is to add TE's portable tanks, as they make it visible if they've taken fluid or not.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Priority on fluiducts doesn't work like that. The item at the far end of a fluiduct frequently gets priority over closer items.
Good point. Do this instead.
It's at the end of the pipe's priority. You may have to wait for those barrels to fill before it'll flow out.

Either way, it doesn't matter, Even when all the barrels were full no lava was teleported.