Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my witch water/mushroom farm going. I have an aqueous accumulator filling up barrels, and fluiducts whitelisted for witch water pumping it into a drum. Problem is the barrels won't fill up, even though this same set-up worked for filling up elsewhere. View attachment 11391 View attachment 11392 View attachment 11393 View attachment 11394
Do you have the fluiduct on the Aqueous accumulator set to output?
That'll stop it working, it needs to be a blank connection on the aqueous accumulator.. (Kinda illogical)

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is your problem, but maybe try putting the fluiducts on top of the barrels instead of the sides. I know that for items, it matters.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my witch water/mushroom farm going. I have an aqueous accumulator filling up barrels, and fluiducts whitelisted for witch water pumping it into a drum. Problem is the barrels won't fill up, even though this same set-up worked for filling up elsewhere. View attachment 11391 View attachment 11392 View attachment 11393 View attachment 11394

Is the Aqueous Accumulator set to ignore redstone signal? That lever right next to it intended for the witch water output I believe will also send a signal to the block next to it (the accumulator in this case).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is your problem, but maybe try putting the fluiducts on top of the barrels instead of the sides. I know that for items, it matters.
For fluid it doesn't, you can input and export fluid from the sides

it's only import of items that require the top face

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
A) Amaranth trees can't be planted by the planter (but they can be planted by and bonemealed by autonomous activator, and harvested by the harvester)
I used golems for this part of the quest. My minions did a great job of it, it only took a couple hours and would have taken less if I had something speeding up the tree growth besides a sprinkler. ^^

I personally like the McAurey's Quest. I've been completing it a little at a time and the results don't stay in my chests for forever like some of the other quests'. ;)

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a slight issue with automating the input/output ports on my big reactor. I have an export bus on the input port putting yellorium into the reactor and an import bus on the output port. However, when the reactor is set to auto-eject mode in the controller the waste goes into the out slot of the Input port rather than the output port and just sits there. Why won't it go into the output port so it can be taken out by my AE system?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a slight issue with automating the input/output ports on my big reactor. I have an export bus on the input port putting yellorium into the reactor and an import bus on the output port. However, when the reactor is set to auto-eject mode in the controller the waste goes into the out slot of the Input port rather than the output port and just sits there. Why won't it go into the output port so it can be taken out by my AE system?

Yeah. Big Reactors place waste materials into IO slots regardless of their settings, in index order. So, you can either just wait for that slot to fill up and then the next slot will start to fill, or change the imnport / export settings and busses around so that the "index zero" slot which is currently getting the fuel, gets used as the ejection port.

Reactions: MiniMoggie

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Dire, in his newest ASHQ LP episode, is incorrect about blue slime buckets being impossible to recreate. It had me stumped for a while, too, but IIRC if you melt down blue slimeballs in a smeltry and pump it out to a liquid transposer, you can fill a bucket with it.
But I haven't tested this, for all I know you can't melt them down.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
See, I can't say that I worried about getting all the essentia for thaumcraft stuff. There's either a finite amount needed for stuff (infusing wands, for instance), or you need more than a single jar will hold (in which case I set up the furnaces, alembics and void jars, auto-filled to keep me supplied).

One thing I would say about Thaumcraft 4 quests: The pedestals are inventories, and able to be piped into and out of as required. This can make the lamp crafting as autonomous as simply tapping the matrix a bunch of times.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
I am just starting bees and trees. Can someone tell me how to get the pollen(the type used for breeding trees, not the bee produce)?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I am just starting bees and trees. Can someone tell me how to get the pollen(the type used for breeding trees, not the bee produce)?

Alveary Sieves from Forestry, Sieve Upgrades in an Industrial Apiary from Gendustry or (discovered by accident) from killing butterflies.

The easiest is probably to use Industrial Apiaries from Gendustry. Add a Sieve Upgrade and 4 Territory Upgrades and it will start to collect pollen from nearby trees.
If possible, give the bees the Fastest Pollination and Max Territory genes and after some time you'll have to route the more common pollen species into a trashbin.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019

There is a pollen filter upgrade for both the alveary and the industrial apiary that will collect the pollen from nearby trees.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
My main gripe with quests recently has been Jaded's purple hoarding quests:
A) Amaranth trees can't be planted by the planter (but they can be planted by and bonemealed by autonomous activator, and harvested by the harvester)

B) Forestry stained glass can hardly be automated at all! You can keep things like the glass, dye and propolis topped up, but you can't insert the wax casings or pull anything out. That was, far and away, the most irritating part of having to actually shift-click each individual piece of glass out!

The Amaranth is best automated with a golem that has a USE core and have it plant the sapling. Use MFR for the rest of the farm. As for the forestry stained glass, yea that was painful. No way to automate it at all. I tried every side for imputing items and nothing worked.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The Amaranth is best automated with a golem that has a USE core and have it plant the sapling. Use MFR for the rest of the farm. As for the forestry stained glass, yea that was painful. No way to automate it at all. I tried every side for imputing items and nothing worked.
I was going to try golems, but couldn't be bothered to go through the crafting stages, and, will you look at that, I've got that stock of activators from where I dismantled my sifting and shard rigs. I also set one up with three, one to plant, one to apply the hoe of growth, and one to apply the axe of the stream. Cost the axe, but eventually got through it all.

I have to say, I'm starting to struggle with a willingness to carry on, the rewards are becoming more and more like tokens, rather than something that'll actually help (as tends to happen in a sufficiently advanced minecraft game). I need to get the staves researched (damn instrumentum), the last section of bees, get the remaining dirt, and wait for things to finish crafting (damn, compressed cobble takes a while), but I know that I'm unlikely to get much that's actually going to do anything, so I'm a little hesitant.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Bibble try to keep your focus on the bigger picture - completing the quest book. I'm at the about same point. Most of the reward bags I get aren't useful because I already have it. But, I keep focused on the larger goal of completing the book.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
@Bibble try to keep your focus on the bigger picture - completing the quest book. I'm at the about same point. Most of the reward bags I get aren't useful because I already have it. But, I keep focused on the larger goal of completing the book.
Yeah, my main thing is that it feels much more like grinding now for a "congratulations" sign, whereas early game was exploration, and clever design. What's left is basically the stuff that can't be automated, it just takes a lot of slogging and waiting.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Alveary Sieves from Forestry, Sieve Upgrades in an Industrial Apiary from Gendustry or (discovered by accident) from killing butterflies.

The easiest is probably to use Industrial Apiaries from Gendustry. Add a Sieve Upgrade and 4 Territory Upgrades and it will start to collect pollen from nearby trees.
If possible, give the bees the Fastest Pollination and Max Territory genes and after some time you'll have to route the more common pollen species into a trashbin.
???? Sorry, this is wayyyy over my head. I literally know almost nthing about bees and trees. Is there a easy yo understand guide out there?