Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
TiC casting basins give TiC metal blocks. I'm cool with that.
Then giving TiC metal ingots (Copper and Tin). Thats fine.
You want to craft them back into blocks? Oh well now its TE blocks...
JABBA barrels don't oreDict them all into blockCopper even though they are the same!
So, you turn all your metal into TE blocks, you know... to keep them the same.
You turn some back into ingots? Mariculture Copper.

I just rage a little when in a pack like this, where we have an oreDict, but the ingots aren't disabled. We really only need ONE set of ingots (TE preferably, they look the best).

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
I hate the McAureys Bragging rights Quest. . . . . .That is all! (just when you think you are done there is another part to it. . . .FML):eek:

Reactions: Bagman817

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help.
0quxnxz.png

He is going to stay there.
He needs a name, suggestions?

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
How far out are chunks pre-generated for Home Sweet Home? Is there a point that the biomes may change on each different playthrough?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
How far out are chunks pre-generated for Home Sweet Home? Is there a point that the biomes may change on each different playthrough?
Something like 75 chunck. Takes a while to fly outside the boundary. And no, biomes will not change across playthroughs as it is always the same map (on SSP, this is not necessarily true for SMP) and therefore the same seed.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Something like 75 chunck. Takes a while to fly outside the boundary. And no, biomes will not change across playthroughs as it is always the same map (on SSP, this is not necessarily true for SMP) and therefore the same seed.
Exception to this is across version (have a 2.01 map I've continued so far) that have some jarring transitions showing how the versions affect the seeds.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Exception to this is across version (have a 2.01 map I've continued so far) that have some jarring transitions showing how the versions affect the seeds.
I think that applies to all versions of both maps since the original biome problems were solved and the TC nodes were added to flat platform. Jaded used something to generate small biomes which is not in the pack.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
still requires alot of flying around, and the colors are not exactly obvious to which biomes they are...
Zans minimap was on the list of mods in AgS. It has a biome overlay option.

Forestry has a biome locator item which should work like a compass. (habitat tracker or something)

TiC casting basins give TiC metal blocks. I'm cool with that.
Then giving TiC metal ingots (Copper and Tin). Thats fine.
You want to craft them back into blocks? Oh well now its TE blocks...
JABBA barrels don't oreDict them all into blockCopper even though they are the same!
So, you turn all your metal into TE blocks, you know... to keep them the same.
You turn some back into ingots? Mariculture Copper.

Try making bronze in the induction smelter ;)

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Vent: Lost all progress due to technical idiocy. :(

Bought a new HDD, transfered everything from the old one. Once that was done, didn't check my files first, and formatted the old HDD so I can have more space. I forgot to include FTB folder to copy into the new HDD.

I bought ice cream to relieve my sorrow.

Reactions: ThorinNL

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Wall of screenshots time with my current progress towards a much improved gravel/dust sieve.
f043a1.png
Aerial shot of the entire site.
213qij8.png
Main storage area. Each of the barrels is going to contain a 64-stack upgrade (The basic level one) and a void upgrade to get rid of any excess.
29qcr2s.png
A view of the main production line. I managed to keep the center clear :)
1zdm1ds.png
Panoramic view from a different angle.

I am now off to bed, tomorrow after school and gym I'm off to the nether because I really need redstone. After that, here's what still needs to be done, in no particular order:
Getting the string for 11 more silk mesh for sievers;
Finish making the final smeltery;
Connecting fluiducts to the seared tanks from under the platform;
Making a whole bunch of pneumatic servos and putting them all in to the correct itemducts/fluiducts;
Crescent wrench the necessary itemducts to the output position;
Place the sievers between the vacuum hoppers and the AA's;
Whitelist servos to have a fair split of items;
Whitelist smeltery input itemducts to make sure they accept correct metal gravel/dust.
Test run to see if everything works well;
Last moment adjustments if something doesn't work;
Anything else I might have forgotten to say.
*whew*...at the very least the DSU is collecting cobblestone fine. Probably not long before I can get the octuple compressed cobblestone...

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that I need a lot of redstone. So I am going to head back into the nether and hunt for more. Just to make it a bit easier, I'm going to make a silverwood staff and an equal trade wand focus. Don't want to run out of vis while in the nether...

Automate planting/harvesting bloodwood trees at your base. I have 3 that plant/harvest non stop, use the wood as fuel for some steam dynamos and currently have 25k redstone.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
*Snip*
A good question was asked earlier.

What actions put EXP onto a TiCo chisel?

Would also like to know.
As far as I learned, nothing does. Its not possible to make a paper chisel, but I think its possible to make one out of thaumium which should add a modifier or two. I'm still not at the thaumcraft quest line, so I wasn't able to test that.

Marconos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if there is anyway to automate the breaking of Gravel Ore and Sand Ore down to dust? I have all the steps up to this automated but Can't figure out how to automate this step. I would presume there is a way, sorry if this has been answered in an earlier post, I read a ton of them but not all of them.