Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I'm wondering if there is anyway to automate the breaking of Gravel Ore and Sand Ore down to dust? I have all the steps up to this automated but Can't figure out how to automate this step. I would presume there is a way, sorry if this has been answered in an earlier post, I read a ton of them but not all of them.

pulverizer can other wise pipe hammers into autonomous activator and auto place the blocks in front of them

Marconos

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't work in pulverizers (tried that), but didn't know you could put an item into a activator. That did it thanks!!!

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I went to all of the trouble of creating a forestry farm to produce the Blue Mahoe trees so that I had plenty of saplings for biofuel. In hindsight, I had that many normal saplings, that I could have just burned them up instead.

I've nearly finished all of the go with the flow quests, the only hang up is the liquid protein. To do that one, you really need a spawner and a slaughter house, using conventional breeding just isn't fast enough.

For bees, I really recommend using the Gendustry machines, work out which bees have desirable traits, specifically you want the high fertility, none effect (or beneficial effect of your choice), flowers pollination, the tolerance as best you can, and then for breeders, shortest life, and for producers, fastest production.

Then using industrial apiaries, use either production upgrades for your producers, or lifespan upgrades for your breeders. I ended up with that many princesses for forest and medows that I was burning them for liquid DNA.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I've nearly finished all of the go with the flow quests, the only hang up is the liquid protein. To do that one, you really need a spawner and a slaughter house, using conventional breeding just isn't fast enough.
Just make your normal mob trap and instead of using spikes/sticks/fall/anything to kill them, use the slaughterhouse.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help.
0quxnxz.png

He is going to stay there.
He needs a name, suggestions?

Anty En. :D

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I don't understand what the symbols on the inside of the high furnace represent can anyone tell me?

Sorry about the other rude forum member...

You really should read the book the quest chain has you make, as well as all the text in the quest chain up until the one you are trying to figure out.

Lets face it, this isn't meant to be an easy map, sometimes you do have to do things you don't like, that includes reading.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Automate planting/harvesting bloodwood trees at your base. I have 3 that plant/harvest non stop, use the wood as fuel for some steam dynamos and currently have 25k redstone.

Or another option is to chuck a priest villager(the purple dudes) in witch water, that changes them into a witch, then auto spawner em for tons of redstone, glowstone etc.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand what the symbols on the inside of the high furnace represent can anyone tell me?
Don't remember what they represent, but I can tell you where to put stuff to make steel. From top to bottom on the left, gunpowder, redstone, sand, then charcoal blocks in the other slot.

And to whoever the asshat was that said RTFM then deleted the post, the manual doesn't say what the symbols mean, I had to look it up myself when I first started.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
What wand will i need to use to combine the Staff Core of the Primal and the Charged Thaumium Caps? Nothing i have produced thusfar seems to do the trick?
tsSN2nU.png

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Don't remember what they represent, but I can tell you where to put stuff to make steel. From top to bottom on the left, gunpowder, redstone, sand, then charcoal blocks in the other slot.

And to whoever the asshat was that said RTFM then deleted the post, the manual doesn't say what the symbols mean, I had to look it up myself when I first started.

I know it's not stupidly obvious, but it IS in the manual.

k54kdl.jpg

The Flame is the Oxidizer, the Arrow is the Reducer and the Wavy is the Purifier. Also, when you look at the symbols and what they represent, they make total sense.

I hope this helps.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not stupidly obvious, but it IS in the manual.

k54kdl.jpg

The Flame is the Oxidizer, the Arrow is the Reducer and the Wavy is the Purifier. Also, when you look at the symbols and what they represent, they make total sense.

I hope this helps.
That must be new. Or I am unobservant when it comes to things hidden behind text. Either way, telling people to go read in an extremely rude manner does not help.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
That must be new. Or I am unobservant when it comes to things hidden behind text. Either way, telling people to go read in an extremely rude manner does not help.

Sorry, I can be a little bi-polar sometimes. Usually I am pretty helpful. I'll try to keep my attitude in check in the future :p

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
What wand will i need to use to combine the Staff Core of the Primal and the Charged Thaumium Caps? Nothing i have produced thusfar seems to do the trick?
tsSN2nU.png

In 1.64, there is no combination that can get you thaumium caps. Even with max discounts. You can definitely do gold, and I believe possibly silver.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
tsSN2nU.png
Silverwood staffs can hold up to 250 vis of every type, but to make it you'll need a greatwood-staff with some discounts to afford the silverwood capping.
EDIT: Whoops, forgot that you can't use staffs for crafting.