Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure out why my Steelworks tank isn't working. It's sides are odd-numbered and the controller is in the middle like it says.

IpFJglk.png

6rwyDbq.png

(oh and I moved the controller to the longer side just in case that was the problem and it still didn't work)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I know the tank can be any height, but doesn't the width and length have to be the same?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure out why my Steelworks tank isn't working. It's sides are odd-numbered and the controller is in the middle like it says.

IpFJglk.png

6rwyDbq.png

(oh and I moved the controller to the longer side just in case that was the problem and it still didn't work)

Steel works tanks are a lot like the smeltery right. So needs a base perhaps?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I know the tank can be any height, but doesn't the width and length have to be the same?

Nope, the book even mentions they can be a rectangle, as long as there are an odd number of blocks on each side.

I can't see anything wrong from the images... Can't see the bottom layer though. Is it all glass except the outer rim?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...trying to get the staff core of the primal. Made the primal cap, scanned it. Fired the projectile, scanned it. Research still isn't unlocked. Anyone know if there are any other prerequisites?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
So...trying to get the staff core of the primal. Made the primal cap, scanned it. Fired the projectile, scanned it. Research still isn't unlocked. Anyone know if there are any other prerequisites?

There are. I forget what unlocks it though. I had the darnedest time unlocking it on my first play through. From what I remember, the unlock was on a completely different tab. I just continued researching thaumcraft and it eventually unlocked.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, the book even mentions they can be a rectangle, as long as there are an odd number of blocks on each side.

I can't see anything wrong from the images... Can't see the bottom layer though. Is it all glass except the outer rim?
Yep, followed the directions to the letter. I really can't figure out what's going on. :confused:
EDIT: NVM, I climbed inside and realized that the top didn't actually have glass when I thought it did. :oops:

Last edited:

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
There are. I forget what unlocks it though. I had the darnedest time unlocking it on my first play through. From what I remember, the unlock was on a completely different tab. I just continued researching thaumcraft and it eventually unlocked.
I'm trying to avoid having to research everything. I never seem to have enough aqua or terra, because everything seems to require victus, or something made from victus. So close to getting things done (3 in Bee & Trees, though I just need to grow/harvest the trees for the 3rd to last one, 3 in Hoarding, 1 in Magic, 4 in The End, and all the bragging rights outside of TE are all I have left.)

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
iirc you need to have all the staff cores unlocked

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand what the symbols on the inside of the high furnace represent can anyone tell me?

Well for steel the iron goes in the ingot shaped slots, the charcoal goes in the single slot at the bottom, then in the 3 vertical different slots, gunpowder top, redstone or aluminium dust in middle and sand at the bottom.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I am 95% done with my auto-sieving construction. I just (inadvertently) did a test run and everything is running well. All I have to do now is install a storage upgrade for my barrels as well as a void upgrade and I will be done. That's going to require ~2 stacks of redstone, I'd say (for pistons), but I've scored 2 stacks of nether redstone from the nether, so I'm not hurting for any. I am just glad to be over with it.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Not me, I took mine down after the first few days. I could set them back up but I think I'll use diamanti bees instead.

I'm roughly the same, I only have something like 6 or 7 sifters each with 2 activators on them. I think that the split is something like 3 dust, 3 gravel and 1 soul sand. I only have 800 diamonds or so, but that's normally enough.

I think that I'll get the diamond bees as well.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm roughly the same, I only have something like 6 or 7 sifters each with 2 activators on them. I think that the split is something like 3 dust, 3 gravel and 1 soul sand. I only have 800 diamonds or so, but that's normally enough.

I think that I'll get the diamond bees as well.
Get the MB version as they give you more diamonds.

Rawrosaurus

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not stupidly obvious, but it IS in the manual.

k54kdl.jpg

The Flame is the Oxidizer, the Arrow is the Reducer and the Wavy is the Purifier. Also, when you look at the symbols and what they represent, they make total sense.

I hope this helps.
Thanks I got what the was oxidizer, but not the purifier and the reducer