Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question regarding blood magic as I've never played with it before. I've made a 2nd tier alter and placed it under my mod spawner so the mods basically land right on the alter but to make a 3rd tier does it actually need to be 1 layer lower than the 2nd tier or can it be on the same level? I saw a picture on the wiki which showed each tier a level lower but wasn't sure if this was necessary or just aesthetic.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question regarding blood magic as I've never played with it before. I've made a 2nd tier alter and placed it under my mod spawner so the mods basically land right on the alter but to make a 3rd tier does it actually need to be 1 layer lower than the 2nd tier or can it be on the same level? I saw a picture on the wiki which showed each tier a level lower but wasn't sure if this was necessary or just aesthetic.

Each tier has to be 1 layer lower than the previous.

Reactions: MiniMoggie

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
2hreukg.png
The tesseract is supposed to take the lava from the pump to the overworld so it can power magmatic dynamos. Except nothing's happening. Does it just not accept the redstone energy cell? Or does the ender-thermic pump just not work as I think it does?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Have you scanned the necessary things to gain access to the aspects?
Motus is two primals: Aer + Ordo. There's nothing to scan, just combine the two in your research table. The problem is that you can't get Motus very easily without also getting the wood aspect which can be a PITA to get.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Motus is two primals: Aer + Ordo. There's nothing to scan, just combine the two in your research table. The problem is that you can't get Motus very easily without also getting the wood aspect which can be a PITA to get.
Regardless I believe you have to scan something with at least 1 motus before you can create it.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
2hreukg.png
The tesseract is supposed to take the lava from the pump to the overworld so it can power magmatic dynamos. Except nothing's happening. Does it just not accept the redstone energy cell? Or does the ender-thermic pump just not work as I think it does?

I think the lever and the directional assignment on the fluid duct is not necessary and can even cause problems. The E-Pump should automatically pump the lava into the duct when connected in a default fashion. Make sure you have the tesseract at the pump set to send fluid and the tesseract in the overworld set to recieve fluids on the same channel. If you do not have a chunk loader in the overworld at your base, you may need to wait a few moments in the overworld before the pumping will start. No need for a hunk loader at the pump since it has it's own. Make sure both tesseracts are set to low or disabled redstone mode. You can self power the pump by using a magmatic dynamo next to it with appropriate hookups. I find 2 dynamos meet the power demand quite nicely. It is hard to tell from the angle, but make sure the pump is on the level just above the lava lake.

Something to also try is to just use the tesseract and pump. Set the tesseract next to the pump set it to receive power and send fluid. Then in the overworld have a tesseract hooked up to power and set it to send power and receive fluid.

Last edited:

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I think the lever and the directional assignment on the fluid duct is not necessary and can even cause problems. The E-Pump should automatically pump the lava into the duct when connected in a default fashion. Make sure you have the tesseract at the pump set to send fluid and the tesseract in the overworld set to recieve fluids on the same channel. If you do not have a chunk loader in the overworld at your base, you may need to wait a few moments in the overworld before the pumping will start. No need for a hunk loader at the pump since it has it's own. Make sure both tesseracts are set to low or disabled redstone mode. You can self power the pump by using a magmatic dynamo next to it with appropriate hookups. I find 2 dynamos meet the power demand quite nicely. It is hard to tell from the angle, but make sure the pump is on the level just above the lava lake.
The tesseract's frequencies are the same. The pipe doesn't register any fluid flowing and the cell isn't using energy, so I'm assuming it's not working.
As for the self-powering, I guess for now I'll use the cell, then later I'll replace it with a self-sustaining system.
Oh, and the pump is on the level just above the lava lake. The angle doesn't show that well, but it is.
UPDATE: I did as you suggested (making the tesseracts exchange energy as well) and now everything's working perfectly. All I needed were a few more dynamos to take advantage of it, and here's how my main energy station looks like.
156bq1g.png
(I REALLY need to move everything further away and make some new platforms, maybe even the place out, because everything's just so cluttered and a mess :/)

Last edited:

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
The tesseract's frequencies are the same. The pipe doesn't register any fluid flowing and the cell isn't using energy, so I'm assuming it's not working.
As for the self-powering, I guess for now I'll use the cell, then later I'll replace it with a self-sustaining system.
Oh, and the pump is on the level just above the lava lake. The angle doesn't show that well, but it is.
UPDATE: I did as you suggested (making the tesseracts exchange energy as well) and now everything's working perfectly. All I needed were a few more dynamos to take advantage of it, and here's how my main energy station looks like.
156bq1g.png
(I REALLY need to move everything further away and make some new platforms, maybe even the place out, because everything's just so cluttered and a mess :/)

Glad you figured it out. It's been a while since I have needed lava, so I could not remember exactly, but here is a picture spoiler guide for anyone that needs the simplest setup for a E-Pump. Shows the tesseract settings, layout and connections to 3 different storage tanks. Also, to make sure the system functions while you are in the nether, you will need a chunk loader at your base in the overworld otherwise the system will only pump when you are in the overworld at your base and may take a minute for it to start pumping each time you come back from the nether. Also, if you have a high lava demand system, or are storing extra into drums, tanks or an ME fluid storage network, the pump is very very fast and will drain a large lake in no time at all. I cannot remember the range of the E-Pump, but it will generally need to be moved approximately every 16,000 buckets. I suggest having a few drums as a buffer that you check on every now and then and if the drums start draining into your power system of magmatics then the pump has run out of lava and will need to be moved. This will give you some time to move it before your power system shuts down :p

30m0mly.jpg

2e67eat.jpg

t69vdx.jpg

Last edited:

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
So, on power gen, what would be the best sort that doesn't involve coal or lava? Because I was going to try making like the biofuel stuff from forestry or even MFR, but is there any other sort?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So, on power gen, what would be the best sort that doesn't involve coal or lava? Because I was going to try making like the biofuel stuff from forestry or even MFR, but is there any other sort?
Biofuel from MFR can be very lucrative. You'll need eight different plots providing stuff to biofuel, but that's a simple matter of eight sets of of Harvesters and Planters, with surplus seeds and saplings going to the biofuel production facility. Not a shabby way to power everything.

There's also the Reactant Dynamo, which I use to power the Grinder for my mob farm. It can run off of a variety of things, but mine is running off of Mob Essence and Gunpowder.

The Compression Dynamo is able to run on biofuel I believe, although the MFR's Generator has a higher MJ/t output rate.

You can also look up the ExtraUtils generators, some of them are quite interesting. The Ender Generator, for example, is a very efficient generator for long-term power output. Runs on ender pearls or eyes of ender. Since you get blaze powder out the ying yang from processing dust and your mob farm will be providing you with a sufficient supply of ender pearls (not to mention ender lillies if you are having trouble), it's not a bad power generator.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
ender power
Biofuel from MFR can be very lucrative. You'll need eight different plots providing stuff to biofuel, but that's a simple matter of eight sets of of Harvesters and Planters, with surplus seeds and saplings going to the biofuel production facility. Not a shabby way to power everything.

There's also the Reactant Dynamo, which I use to power the Grinder for my mob farm. It can run off of a variety of things, but mine is running off of Mob Essence and Gunpowder.

The Compression Dynamo is able to run on biofuel I believe, although the MFR's Generator has a higher MJ/t output rate.

You can also look up the ExtraUtils generators, some of them are quite interesting. The Ender Generator, for example, is a very efficient generator for long-term power output. Runs on ender pearls or eyes of ender. Since you get blaze powder out the ying yang from processing dust and your mob farm will be providing you with a sufficient supply of ender pearls (not to mention ender lillies if you are having trouble), it's not a bad power generator.

Ah alright, I'll look into it, just, I've never been too lucky with the slim jims and their pearls. Also thanks for the tip, this is my first time messing with MFR. I have messed with the ExUtils generators. Also I've never been able to make a mob spawner the mobs just like, spawn no matter what, even if the light levels are bright enough for them not to spawn in, say, my base so yeah :/

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Radiation. Which is to say, Big Reactors.

And does anyone know a better way to get sulfur than pulverizing blaze rods without going to the nether?
Did anyone answer this? You can get sulfur from pulverizing coal as well. Once you get your Big Reactor up and running, an MFR Laser Drill with yellow filters will have you drowning in sulfur before long.