The Thaumcraft 4.1 Experience

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, TC 4.1 has a native object that has Victus and nothing else in the Victus chain... but it also has Vintium(sic)(taint).
Yeah, I'm not going near taint, especially when Demo is planning harder taint for Technomancy.

Reactions: Padfoote

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
But taint is so soft and cuddly!
Fine, you hug the tainted creeper! I tangled with a couple of tainted chickens on my recent jaunt... I'd seen them in creative, but they were still surprisingly intimidating in survival. Kinda like those baby zombies, come to think of it.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Fine, you hug the tainted creeper! I tangled with a couple of tainted chickens on my recent jaunt... I'd seen them in creative, but they were still surprisingly intimidating in survival. Kinda like those baby zombies, come to think of it.
Play a few Zelda games. The mere sight of a chicken can induce PTSD nowadays.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question regarding auto-alchemy. I'm trying to automate Alumentum for my boiler and all works fine except that thing spits out the alumentum in the front. I don't like having a chest there and Itemducts don't work (it just spits the alumentum next to the pipes).
Is there a sane way to import the alumentum in my AE network while keeping the awesome look of the contraption? I haven't tested a ME interface, yet but that would just be as ugly as the chest.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I have a question regarding auto-alchemy. I'm trying to automate Alumentum for my boiler and all works fine except that thing spits out the alumentum in the front..
Is there a sane way to import the alumentum in my AE network while keeping the awesome look of the contraption?
Hoppers are a little less ugly and more in keeping with the aesthetics of the construct. An import bus pointing up at the under-side wouldn't look too bad.
Or, Hungry Chest.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoosyDoosy

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Hopper is a good idea, but still too dominant. Is there no smaller block with inventory?
I thought of golems and hungry chest, too. but I don't like spilled items because I use to play with active magnet. I already have lots of wild chicken in the trees around my base throwing eggs at me every time I pass by :confused:
If I'd do such a solution, I'd do it the buildcraft way using a vacuum pipe ;). I'm a bit oldschool on that:D

I'll test BC pipes later, perhaps they work. It's far more steampunky than ducts anyways.:p

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
That would be the smallest inventory as it holds just one item. The block itself is bigger than a hopper.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Vacuum hopper is quite elegant so it should do. You can also put item crate in a floor so it will spit alumentum it will go intoitem crate and then vacum hopper uunderneath so it is less visable.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Can obsidian pipes suck items through facades? Can you also improve the range of obsidian pipes with autarchic gates? If the answer to at least the first of those questions is true then they will probably make a really good solution.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
BC pipes don't work either.
I placed a vacuum hopper in front of the crucible (one block below the porthole). Looks great and the alumentum is only visible for a few ticks bevore it's sucked into the hopper. Too fast for the magnet.
Now you see the steam coming out of the alchemy construct and the particle effects of the hopper add additional atmosphere. *yay*

Obsidian pipe should be able to suck through facades (they even suck through solid blocks) but I think the gate wouldn't work (this needs testing) to extend the range. Those pipes need MJ to be extended and the gate doesn't emit that. CJ powers the pipes in his mobtrap with hobbyist steam engines.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
With a new 1.7.2 update in change log it says now that bigger nodes can bully smaler from vis can someone with expirience expand on that? Do they just take vis away and store it or can we merge nodes again?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
With a new 1.7.2 update in change log it says now that bigger nodes can bully smaler from vis can someone with expirience expand on that? Do they just take vis away and store it or can we merge nodes again?
Someone will have to actually mess around with it. I will just wait personally. I'm over dealing with early versions. I was using TC4 from the day it went public and have gone through ALL of the changes. I'll let someone else deal with alpha/beta testing.

TL;DR Just wait a few weeks, someone will test it. :p

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I am still ising 1.6.4 version of MC so no rush just curious really. If nobady is done by the time I'm done with my guide for thumcraft 4.1 I will probably post video on 1.7 with an update :)

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Someone will have to actually mess around with it. I will just wait personally. I'm over dealing with early versions. I was using TC4 from the day it went public and have gone through ALL of the changes. I'll let someone else deal with alpha/beta testing.

TL;DR Just wait a few weeks, someone will test it. :p

I've actually been playing TC4 in 1.7 a lot :).

To answer @Feniks question: I saw 2 nodes practically right next to eachother, and one is a lot bigger. It basically just ''steals'' the vis from the lesser node, keeping that one small. The big boy has not yet destroyed the small node, but I am fairly sure it won't do that. AKA not entirely sure, but probably no node merging.

Reactions: RedBoss

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. You can easily check it by draining small node to 1 aspect left and see if the "bully" suck it dray or not :).

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually been playing TC4 in 1.7 a lot :).

To answer @Feniks question: I saw 2 nodes practically right next to eachother, and one is a lot bigger. It basically just ''steals'' the vis from the lesser node, keeping that one small. The big boy has not yet destroyed the small node, but I am fairly sure it won't do that. AKA not entirely sure, but probably no node merging.
Nah mergings sort of a chance kind of thing... Eventually it might merge.. Though I do wonder did the big node ever drain the small node down to zero? If so maybe that's the illusion of node merging....