The Thaumcraft 4.1 Experience

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's the responsibility of the add-on modmakers to add items to provide the requisite accessible research points. It's not on the core mod to provide points for things outside of their mod itself. If he added too many, then unlocking things in vanilla TC would be too trivial.
Um, craft the stuff you research and it is provided

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's the responsibility of the add-on modmakers to add items to provide the requisite accessible research points. It's not on the core mod to provide points for things outside of their mod itself. If he added too many, then unlocking things in vanilla TC would be too trivial.
This. Also, Mystcraft ages + nodes are a good brute force method of research points.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Um, craft the stuff you research and it is provided

Exactly. I'm saying that it should be handled by the add-on mods to provide those points, which they already do to a degree. That it's not Azanor's responsibility to provide for them. I've yet to encounter great issue with unlocking research, so I think it's done pretty well in the ones I've played with.

This. Also, Mystcraft ages + nodes are a good brute force method of research points.

You can find more nodes even without Mystcraft just by exploring more of the overworld. :p

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
To add to the necro-post, there was one good suggestion in the rant about deconstruction tables.

A golem system (keeping it Thaumcraft related) to click out the aspects generated by the deconstruction table would be great.

I've been lucky so far and have not had a need to actually use the deconstruction table yet, even though I made one. I used it for a stack of crafting tables to see how it worked and was immediately shaking my head over the "one aspect at a time, right click" method that it uses, and due to this, have not used it since.

*Note* It may be that because I have never really made it too far into Thaumcraft, the lack of aspects has not been a problem for me. But the use of knowledge fragments would be another work around if you got into magic bees.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that as long as you have certain items near the research table, you slowly gain research points (lava for ignis, water for aqua, dirt/stone for terra, etc. You can even use the crystals that are made up of 6 shards to do this I'm pretty sure).

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that as long as you have certain items near the research table, you slowly gain research points (lava for ignis, water for aqua, dirt/stone for terra, etc. You can even use the crystals that are made up of 6 shards to do this I'm pretty sure).
Just use crystal clusters and, if you have TT installed, bookshelves give access to all aspects, you just need a lot of em

Reactions: Not_Steve

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
The only aspect I have been missing was Aqua. By using one deconstruction table and 2 chests of stacks of craftingtables I are now finish with research and have a huge load of aspects left. I have been reseraching everything now.

Reactions: RedBoss

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

Thats odd. My 1.7.2 game doesn't have TT and the research tables in my library seem to be filling up with research points.

--

One interesting other 4.1 related derp I had: none of my Repair enchanted items were repairing. A couple got down to 10 or 11 durability points. I was quite ready to post a bug report on Azanor's github. Then I collected my wand from an arcane crafting table it had been sitting in. In 4.1, the repair enchantment draws viz from wands in the players inventory.

Sharkb8oohhaha

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, what add-ons do you use, if any? I know you would have this problem
Just use crystal clusters and, if you have TT installed, bookshelves give access to all aspects, you just need a lot of em

To my knowledge, this system doesn't "add" points to your research table unless you are down to 0 points (you will see 1 point added, but that point isn't used until it's the last point). Every 5 minutes or so, the table 'checks' the surroundings for books/clusters, and if it finds some, will add ONE point. Unless something changed in a different version, these points don't stack. I've scanned everything I've created, I've scanned everything I have available from other mods. While I do realize I can go through all the garbage of creating a Mystcraft world to scan nodes, I could just as easily stand by my deconstruction tables. I'm looking for something more time efficient. And to clarify, I'm not blaming Azanor for the lack of points, but the issue appears on enough forums that maybe he should give it some attention as opposed to reworking pipes or adding armor that's not really that awesome (Looking at you Runic gear).

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, what add-ons do you use, if any? I know you would have this problem

To my knowledge, this system doesn't "add" points to your research table unless you are down to 0 points (you will see 1 point added, but that point isn't used until it's the last point). Every 5 minutes or so, the table 'checks' the surroundings for books/clusters, and if it finds some, will add ONE point. Unless something changed in a different version, these points don't stack. I've scanned everything I've created, I've scanned everything I have available from other mods. While I do realize I can go through all the garbage of creating a Mystcraft world to scan nodes, I could just as easily stand by my deconstruction tables. I'm looking for something more time efficient. And to clarify, I'm not blaming Azanor for the lack of points, but the issue appears on enough forums that maybe he should give it some attention as opposed to reworking pipes or adding armor that's not really that awesome (Looking at you Runic gear).
Runic stuff is amazing. 10 default hearts, plus 10 from TiC, plus another 10 from TiC, plus 10 from thaumcraft.

Reactions: Not_Steve

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Thats odd. My 1.7.2 game doesn't have TT and the research tables in my library seem to be filling up with research points.

--

One interesting other 4.1 related derp I had: none of my Repair enchanted items were repairing. A couple got down to 10 or 11 durability points. I was quite ready to post a bug report on Azanor's github. Then I collected my wand from an arcane crafting table it had been sitting in. In 4.1, the repair enchantment draws viz from wands in the players inventory.
Wait until you start using the runic jewelry. I found an amulet that helps recharge your wand & the new runic armor system doesn't replace armor slots. It's pretty neat

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Wait until you start using the runic jewelry. I found an amulet that helps recharge your wand & the new runic armor system doesn't replace armor slots. It's pretty neat
I already heavily use the runic armor (still in 1.6) and if this is true, I'll never not have this stuff

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I already heavily use the runic armor (still in 1.6) and if this is true, I'll never not have this stuff
There is no "if". You can download it yourself. Azanor's Baubles mod adds additional inventory slots for jewelry. This is utilized by TC in 1.7 for amulets, rings, & belts. There's also an api for Baubles so that other mods can utilize the system. There are several mods already using it.

So now you can have, for example, a fully enchanted diamond armor set plus 4 runic armor pieces with different types of runic upgrades. Slap on some TiCo heart containers and Extra Utilities angle wings and you're a veritable Gundam.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So now you can have, for example, a fully enchanted diamond armor set plus 4 runic armor pieces with different types of runic upgrades. Slap on some TiCo heart containers and Extra Utilities angle wings and you're a veritable Gundam.
Which series thereof? =P

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

It does not add, but the point is infinite in hard mode research. Hard mode, research every aspect, get bookshelves, research is easy. Also (mind you I have not played TC on 1.7 yet) it seems to have required TT for all aspects to recharge from bookshelves, any time without TT I can not recharge all asoects, only primals.