Unsupported Monster 1.6.4 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Mod Pack: Monster 1.1.0
Mod & Version: OpenBlocks 1.2.5
Whats the bug? The comment on line 197 of the Openblocks config reads:
# The maximum amount of blocks the elevator can pass through before the teleport fails. -1 disables this
The config between 1.0.11 and 1.1.0 changed line 198 from "I:maxPassThrough=4" to "I:maxPassThrough=-1". This configuration, however, doesn't work as expected, and in fact seems to disable teleportation when there's any non-air block between elevators at all.
Known Fix: Change "I:maxPassThrough" from -1 to some arbitrarily higher number, perhaps the same number "I:searchDistance" is configured to.

Reactions: Eyamaz

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Openblocks 1.2.5
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug? Existing elevator blocks no longer work, or work differently. Re-placing them doesn't help. Re-creating them gets a set of 2 to work, but cannot get 3 in a column to work (3 floors, elevator blocks above each other, only air between the 3 elevators)
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: none.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: 1.1.0
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug? Existing elevator blocks no longer work, or work differently. Re-placing them doesn't help. Re-creating them gets a set of 2 to work, but cannot get 3 in a column to work (3 floors, elevator blocks above each other)
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: none.

See the post directly above you. This is apparently a bug with open blocks elevators and setting their range to unlimited in the configs.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
See the post directly above you. This is apparently a bug with open blocks elevators and setting their range to unlimited in the configs.
Would setting the max to 256 work better since that's as tall as the blocks can be made?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Would setting the max to 256 work better since that's as tall as the blocks can be made?

Idk. I'll have to play around with it. Though I'm not going to push an update just for a config. Players will sadly need to fix this one themselves for a bit :(

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Any number >=20 should work as intended, since the configuration that was changed was the number of non-air blocks it takes to stop an elevator from working, not max elevator teleportation distance, which is unchanged from default at 20.
Idk. I'll have to play around with it. Though I'm not going to push an update just for a config. Players will sadly need to fix this one themselves for a bit :(
The in-game work around is to just remove all blocks between elevators, including opaque blocks, cables, torches and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if fake light/air blocks blocked elevators, too.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Any number >=20 should work as intended, since the configuration that was changed was the number of non-air blocks it takes to stop an elevator from working, not max elevator teleportation distance, which is unchanged from default at 20.

The in-game work around is to just remove all blocks between elevators, including opaque blocks, cables, torches and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if fake light/air blocks blocked elevators, too.

Hrm. That's still not ideal. Sigh. Always something.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't sure if it was the same thing as my scenario was different - highest elevator and middle one worked fine when moving between the two, but the lowest one wouldn't interact with the middle one. I just realised though that there is a glowstone node between the lowest and the middle elevator :/ Gotta love those near-invisible light sources, but sometimes they just get in the way ;)

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: 1.1.0
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? Open Blocks elevators do not work with solid blocks between them. Config set to -1 seems borked which is supposed to disable not teleporting if there are blocks between them.
Can it be repeated? Yes. Elevators with air between work fine, if there is even 1 block between them they do not.
Known Fix: Edit config file to a different value. I used 20 which is the same as the search distance. Elevators now work again.

EDIT: Blah already reported. hadn't refreshed my screen.

Zefron

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.9
Whats the bug?: NEI wont change from cheat mode to utility mode to recipe mode. it stays as the mode it was when the world is created. eg create a creative world and it will be stuck on cheat mode.
Can it be repeated?: Yes
Known Fix: Unknown

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: N/A
Whats the bug?: After upgrade my server from 1.0.11 to 1.1.0 all clients start getting Connection Overflow after one minute, and ther server is super laged.

tmzasz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: IC2 or MPS
Whats the bug?: HV Capacitator un craftable with default config i havent yet found a way to make it re craftable

Mod & Version: RotaryCraft
Whats the bug?: Hydrokenetic Generators transform into DC engines when upgrading the world to 1.1.0 from 1.0.11
Can it be repeated?: Unknown

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Mod & Version: RotaryCraft
Whats the bug?: Hydrokenetic Generators transform into DC engines when upgrading the world to 1.1.0 from 1.0.11
Can it be repeated?: Unknown
That's not a bug, it's a quirk with the Rotarycraft update. You can find the note about it in the incremental Rotarycraft changelog here, and Eyamaz's 1.0.11 -> 1.1.0 update post here. Throw out the DC engines and spawn whatever you lost back in.

BlackDrag00n

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log : http://pastebin.com/wY5aVUhn
Whats the bug?If I put the game in in french (fr_FR) or Canadian french (fr_CA), I leave the game and restarts it crash.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: You must change the file and change the option.txt lang: fr_FR (or lang: fr_CA) in lang: en_US

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log : http://pastebin.com/u11UspxL
Whats the bug? Client crashes when initially flying through a specific area on a specific world seed. I'm using a seed of "4", but my biomesoplenty config (and several others) are customized, so you wouldn't be able to recreate my map without copying my config folder.
Can it be repeated? Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.