FTB Store. Looking for input on what people want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlprice

Jul 29, 2019
*facepalm* do you really think making modpacks is hard? Lemme say this back to you: Try creating multiple different packs yourself. Maybe you'll realise that with a bit of organizing it's not too difficult. I guess what you're trying to say is that "running FTB is hard", sure.. I completely agree with that, and it's not because of the mods in a pack or configs. It's because FTB has a huge userbase that you have to manage.

also to "make sure it's not op", why is FTB so op and exploitable then?

Also regarding the support, afaik it's mainly the community that provides the support.

I'm really done with this conversation though, so please dont even try to reply.

Wow. If it's so easy why haven't you done it yet? :cool: Boy Genius over here...^

Anyway, ...I'd also like to second the idea of a FTB "Mobile Wiki App" somewhat mentioned by Voxy earlier, I'd easily pay $5-10 for something like that even if it's just a donation. I think it would entail something along the lines of setting up the site implementing UserAgent Detection which seems to be embedded already in some of the java code on this site.

Vivacity

Jul 29, 2019
Making a modpack isnt hard. And global configs arent either. Most of the ID's in Unleashed are default from what Ive seen

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CrissHill

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
*facepalm* do you really think making modpacks is hard? Lemme say this back to you: Try creating multiple different packs yourself. Maybe you'll realise that with a bit of organizing it's not too difficult. I guess what you're trying to say is that "running FTB is hard", sure.. I completely agree with that, and it's not because of the mods in a pack or configs. It's because FTB has a huge userbase that you have to manage.

also to "make sure it's not op", why is FTB so op and exploitable then?

Also regarding the support, afaik it's mainly the community that provides the support.

I'm really done with this conversation though, so please dont even try to reply.

I am not saying it is hard at all. I'm saying that we have work loads. We do not live, breathe and eat Minecraft. We have jobs and families and other things to do.

Then we VOLUNTARILY devote hours of our personal time to do these things for the community. A community that is quite demanding.

The more demanding people are, the less most of us want to do this.

So no, it's not hard. But it is impossible to get 25 hours worth of work done in 24 hours.

Reactions: sten4321

Thuulstrea

Jul 29, 2019
Then we VOLUNTARILY devote hours of our personal time to do these things for the community. A community that is quite demanding.
So no, it's not hard. But it is impossible to get 25 hours worth of work done in 24 hours.

Totally agree with this... and really, do we need to harass them over updates on a thread about the FTB Store?
I'd love to see some stubbie holders (can holders) and bumper stickers.

Reactions: Ashzification

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
I am not saying it is hard at all. I'm saying that we have work loads. We do not live, breathe and eat Minecraft. We have jobs and families and other things to do.

I wasnt demanding anything though. I have no idea where you got that idea. Maybe you should go back and read the post you actually replied to?

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. If it's so easy why haven't you done it yet? :cool: Boy Genius over here...^

Anyway, ...I'd also like to second the idea of a FTB "Mobile Wiki App" somewhat mentioned by Voxy earlier, I'd easily pay $5-10 for something like that even if it's just a donation. I think it would entail something along the lines of setting up the site implementing UserAgent Detection which seems to be embedded already in some of the java code on this site.

I will looking in to the idea of a FTB mobile wiki app soon, let's just hope I find some time.

stlprice

Jul 29, 2019
I will looking in to the idea of a FTB mobile wiki app soon, let's just hope I find some time.

Please make a donate section in the app. I would gladly help if I could as well though my HTML is a bit rusty :-/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
?..yet mods release in record time and FTB lags behind. It's not really that mods don't update, it's that FTB is afraid of change and will lag behind because of 1 or 2 mods that are not even necessary...
I interpreted that as a compliant, although not directly a demand, but an implication thereof. If it was not intended to be, then you need to make yourself more clear as it seems several people interpreted it that way.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Back on topic, please, now. We have a whole forum where you can start topics to talk about the rest of this fufu. I don't see how any of this is remotely related to the question posed by slowpoke (and anybody thinking it is and replying wanting to make a cute rhetorical stretch will get a direct smiting, BTW, so don't bother).

Gramling

Jul 29, 2019
Idk if this will be read or if it will be even possible for the shirt creators. But, I'm tall, when it comes to shirt even 3XL shirt dose not fit me well atall, they r wide in arms and belly areas. makes for a horrible fit. Id love to see some "Tall T's". no one i have ever seen from youtube or anywere ever has Tall T's, so im pretty burnt when it comes to buying a shirt :'(

So i hope this gets read and i hope i can see some Tall T's in the future ^.^

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It's good to see that people are actually interested in the FTB brand. Because frankly I have no interest at all in FTB merchandise, if everyone was like me this FTB business venture would die on the vine.
No product type on that list interested me at all.
Then again I do treat FTB as a means to my modding ends and have no real loyalty to the FTB "brand".

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
It's good to see that people are actually interested in the FTB brand. Because frankly I have no interest at all in FTB merchandise,
The letters "FTB" don't mean much to me. The challenge map was an interesting idea, and I've watched all of DW20's recordings, but I never had any interest in doing it myself. I love the mod packs, but the brand doesn't mean much. Three-letter brand names generally aren't a great idea. I want an "Unleashed" T-shirt, because it looks cool regardless of whether you know what it means.

Reactions: Greevir

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing little bag-tags or something. :p Just something small that would remind me of what I'm part of. ;) Although... a notepad (paper!) mightn't go amiss...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Mojang probably wouldn't like this, but I have to put it out there anyway.

Keychains/property tags in the shape of MC nametags, with your name/address info. Great for luggage, keys and other uses.

That is all.

Reactions: techno156

DarkWasp

Jul 29, 2019
Mousepad art idea here:

Draw (in large pixels) a fleet of cool white/grey/yellow space ships in an EPIC battle against a fleet of dark grey/green/red space ships and label the two sides Unhinged and Unleashed.

Might be able to sneak a planet Direwolf in there too or something.

Reactions: Thuulstrea

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Mousepad art idea here:

Draw (in large pixels) a fleet of cool white/grey/yellow space ships in an EPIC battle against a fleet of dark grey/green/red space ships and label the two sides Unhinged and Unleashed.

Might be able to sneak a planet Direwolf in there too or something.
Here's an addition: Maybe a design of Direwolf vs Endermen? :p

Reactions: Ercman and Flipz
Status
Not open for further replies.