FTB Store. Looking for input on what people want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
If I paid money for a flash card would be the same old launcher we are still using or would it be the new launcher?

criley

Jul 29, 2019
Since it's clear that FTB would like to make money, I do not give a rats --- about t-shirts.

I will pay $5/mo for updates to the launcher. I am tired of using the crappy ATLauncher (sorry guys! great launcher but no FTB) just to play 1.6.x and am willing to pay cold hard USD on a reoccurring monthly basis if you can stop focusing on silly merch and instead focus on FUNDAMENTALS like launchers and packs.

Let me know. Even one time payments of $10 for 1.6.x updates, or $20, I'm down, just please, please let us know what is going on!! If you want money just ask for it! There are FTB modpacks literally waiting on only the launcher update, Direwolf20 is almost a full season into 1.6 mods, and mods are moving to 1.7 support already.

I have card in hand, cash in account, and I am ready to PAY for a 1.6 update. You can keep your merch please just give me software!!

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
We would like updates to the mod packs... 1.5.2 was months ago...

I have card in hand, cash in account, and I am ready to PAY for a 1.6 update. You can keep your merch please just give me software!!

Yup. You totally caught on to their insidious plot. The 1.6.2 launcher is done and they're just hiding it in a vault while twirling their mustaches. Way to uncover the truth, you truth-uncoverer.

criley

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. You totally caught on to their insidious plot. The 1.6.2 launcher is done and they're just hiding it in a vault while twirling their mustaches. Way to uncover the truth, you truth-uncoverer.
I ... didn't say anything about that. What a weird fantasy to make up and blame on me! o_O

Reactions: Ignite2117

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Since it's clear that FTB would like to make money, I do not give a rats --- about t-shirts.

I will pay $5/mo for updates to the launcher. I am tired of using the crappy ATLauncher (sorry guys! great launcher but no FTB) just to play 1.6.x and am willing to pay cold hard USD on a reoccurring monthly basis if you can stop focusing on silly merch and instead focus on FUNDAMENTALS like launchers and packs.

Let me know. Even one time payments of $10 for 1.6.x updates, or $20, I'm down, just please, please let us know what is going on!! If you want money just ask for it! There are FTB modpacks literally waiting on only the launcher update, Direwolf20 is almost a full season into 1.6 mods, and mods are moving to 1.7 support already.

The ppl working on the Merchandise are not the smae ppl working on the launcher. And while it might be possible to get a launcher done quickly to just launch 1.6 it is not possible to do so if all the background working is changeing as well.
Be patient a little longer!

And mods are not moving to 1.7. 1.7 won't be released that soon and even if it does 1.6 will be used for mods a very long time (like 1.2.5) as MC base code got so many FUNDAMENTAL changes to it that mod authors will have a hard time porting. (At least at the moment it looks like that, future will tell)

TNTthefuseislit

Jul 29, 2019
I think we should be able to buy a power suit/nano armor (that may be pushing it) or a shirt/force tunic that says "Dartcraft is OP? Have you heard of power armor?" Or it could say if its a shirt "I play FTB Unleashed. It took me 3 days to make a quarry. You play FTB Ultimate and it took you 3 weeks?" You could also make a mouse or keyboard but those might be pushing it to. You could even make a mug that says "World's Best Thaumaturge" (I think I spelt Thaumaturge right) id like to see the ender upgrade to the force pack or even just a force pack, but you might just go over the top and sell us quarries with energy tesseracts to power them hah.[DOUBLEPOST=1381211084][/DOUBLEPOST]Also are we paying extra for the launcher pre-downloaded or is it just the cost of the flash drive?

TNTthefuseislit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah id like a hat that said FTB in color or the name of the type of FTB/the symbol and does anybody know about the flash drive question from earlier[DOUBLEPOST=1381216147][/DOUBLEPOST]The reason I didn't put a hat in the first one is that I already have a hat but I thought having 2 hats would be nice for changing things up

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
I would like more effort in keeping DW20 (all mod packs for that matter) updated ;).

Im not sure what more we can actually do to speed things up. The mods needed for the updated DW 20 pack were only finished a couple of days ago. The mods that I want for the new pack I am working on are not finished yet. We cannot update the old packs because some critical mods like Thaumcraft 3 were not updated and other critical mods like Thermal Expansion have not been updated yet.

Moving on from that, we have people who are working on the new launcher now and hove been for a while now. I am not a coder though and I have no idea how to write a launcher so my help on the launcher will be shall we say less than useful. As I said modpacks are at a standstill till that launcher comes out, as the old launcher doesnt work with 1.6. What this boils down to is you shouldnt assume that because you see things happening with the shop, that doesnt mean we have suddenly stopped working on everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.