IC2 is slowly dying out ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
A moon portal seems to be an instant kill, as if it basically goes anything.entity = dead (disclaimer, summary, not code)

However he wouldn't drop the staff this way, nor any drops as he is on the moon.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I used to be able to kill with 'splosives, fall damage (portals), suffocation (ggun) and many other novel and fun ways. But nowadays, the only way to get trough that dumb shield of his is to reflect his shots at him.

In essence, if he didn't try to kill you, he'd be invulnerable. Oh the irony.

The wages of evil are harsh indeed.

The only easykill I ever found for that guy was... well I'm going to keep it secret. It doesn't exist in 1.5.1 and I was the only person who really played with Xeno's Reliquary on my server.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

The only easykill I ever found for that guy was... well I'm going to keep it secret. It doesn't exist in 1.5.1 and I was the only person who really played with Xeno's Reliquary on my server.
The hand gun? Holy hand grenade? Glowing water?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Oh... I think I know what you used. I should test this theory of mine...

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The hand gun? Holy hand grenade? Glowing water?

Hint: it involved realizing that the lich's shots were hittable with arrows, just like a Ghast's shots. It also notes that when struck by arrows the vector of the shot is always perfectly inverted. It's also worth noting that the lich is a hittable enemy (bring a wolf and watch the saddest fight ever) even when the shield is up.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Hint: it involved realizing that the lich's shots were hittable with arrows, just like a Ghast's shots. It also notes that when struck by arrows the vector of the shot is always perfectly inverted. It's also worth noting that the lich is a hittable enemy (bring a wolf and watch the saddest fight ever) even when the shield is up.
You made me think portal gun turrets but...

Man, you know what? From now on I'm killing all TF bosses with those :D.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
A bunch of dispensers around the lich filled with arrows! Or...just enough to block yourself from damage.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
No man, it's gotta be xeno's.

Time's up. Seeker shots if they trained on the real lich and he shot would do that weird swarming thing where they just try and hit the mob over and over in a tight circle. These shots if they contacted one of the TL's shots reflected the shot. So I just kept them spammed on the lich and he'd break his own shield then get torn apart. I killed like 5 of them.

The hardest part was getting good at helping the shots not picking the doubles due to positioning.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Time's up. Seeker shots if they trained on the real lich and he shot would do that weird swarming thing where they just try and hit the mob over and over in a tight circle. These shots if they contacted one of the TL's shots reflected the shot. So I just kept them spammed on the lich and he'd break his own shield then get torn apart. I killed like 5 of them.

The hardest part was getting good at helping the shots not picking the doubles due to positioning.
..."dispensers"
I was close? :D

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

Well I did say handgun....

Hah.

Good one :).

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So I keep talking about how I think IC2 suffers a critical lack of good design and good content in power generation. And lo and behold what is linked to me today:

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9205

I hate everything. Was CompactSolars too boring for you? Too tedious? Did AE render it too trivial? NO PROBLEM WE HAVE YOU COVERED. Now simply MASH YOUR FACE AGAINST YOUR KEYBOARD while you MOAN UNCONTROLLABLY like you usually do and it will generate TONS OF POWER.