IC2 is slowly dying out ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I expect IC3 will be probably come out after the modding API, so no one should be too worried about missing IC2. The modding API "was" going to be out in 1.3, but it's be delayed forever. Maybe it'll be in minecraft 2. Who knows?

The modding API has been "coming out" since the 1.8 Beta update. I'll believe in it when I see it. :p

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have figured out what I can by watching direwolf20's mod reviews and a couple other youtubers so reviews. it would be nice if they just included a rudimentary list or uses for each block. Then the users would at least have somewhere to start

I am about to release a video that does Day 1 Mekanism if you want to see it. Most of the mod is pretty obvious except for how you're supposed to start.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, Maybe more of that Thunderdark is taking over.
ps:same happened to MFFS, you will tell me that it died ?
and who cares about who owns an old horse?

and what about MFFS? Calclavia seems to handle it quite nicely.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Alblakla seems to be dissappearing periodically in a similar fashion to Elo. At least it isn't for as long.
Periodic? There hasn't been an IC2 official release since December 13. That's almost as long aslonger than since the last RP2 update.
And we can assume official releases are correlated with Alblaka's presence, since none of the other devs can make them apparently.

cmwatford

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't even been using IC for months now as I've been playing Tekkit. The only thing I really miss so far is booze and crops as they were fun to play around with now and again. IC2 is fun and i'd certainly like to play if they ever got around to updating but at this point much of what I used it for has been replaced by mods like Thermal Expansion.