Manufactio - Minecraft/Factorio hybrid

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Been playing with the Machine modifiers, discovered that one blockspace can only be assigned one modifier block. If you define a list of modifier blocks in the same block space, only the last one defined is registered.
As a result all 3 modifiers can be applied to a machine as long as they are in unique places.

My plan is then:
The circuit block in the assembler is upgradable with the Productivity Module (the AE circuit block)
The machine block under the controller is upgradable with the Speed Module (the fan)
The empty space above the power input can be replaced with Power Efficiency module (the battery)

Using this rule for all machines, if a machine doesn't use a circuit block a part of it's basic recipe, it cannot use the Productive Module. So no matter the structure, it's a simple rule to remember.

Edit: Found a potential issue with the modifier system, doing some more investigation. Worse case, only the speed module will be an option.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
@GamerwithnoGame FYI, with the modifier system, I found the X and Z co-ords have been swapped when detecting modifiers. So the block at x": 2, "y": -1, z": 0 currently needs the modifier to point to x": 0, "y": -1, z": 2.

Here's the Standard Assembler with all upgrade modules, confirmed all working. Easy now i know Z + X have been transposed.
2018-10-20_12.43.54.png

Edit: Well, I thought I'd cracked the MM modifiers, but when I go to apply the same logic to other machines, it doesn't want to know, so I'm real confused.

For now, the Standard Assembler has all upgrades, and other machines just use the Speed Upgrade.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The standard assembler, but not the advanced assembler?
Not yet :D Took a break after discovering things are a bit weird with the modifiers.
There's something I want to test (I have a sneaky suspicion that the modifier blocks base positions are not being rotated to match the controller (and so the rest of the structure), which means modifiers can only reliably replace the blocks above or below the controller).
The advanced assembler will not have a speed upgrade modifier block as it basically has a more efficient one inbuilt.

Oh, in other news, decided to get a Discord channel up and give it a whirl.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Confirmed, just rotated the standard assembler, placed one of the upgrades, and bingo, structure no longer works. Damn!

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
That discord invite link seems broken/expired. Mind making a new one, and setting it to permanent?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
So been looking more at Advanced Rocketry and asteroid mining (this gives Osmium and "Unusual" Ore, for late game progression). Boy is it so Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Seems you need to launch at least 30 satellites just to get a good amount of "Data" to find the asteroid and program the asteroid chip, before you even launch a mining mission.
There's nothing in the config to speed up the Data side of things, so I'm seriously thinking of a Modular Machine that generates the filled "Data Chips" directly, and bypass the whole Satellite process.
It's actually quicker and easier to go to the moon!

Currently it's not a valid option for generating resources (ore in asteroids can be configured, so that's not a problem). It feels like "Here's a dimaond, give me a piece of dirt" ratio.

Edit: One Satellite generates 1 data every 7 seconds. 3 Satellites are needed as a minimum.
To fully program a chip to maximise mining results need 1000 of each type of data.
That's almost 2 hours real time to generate the data needed with one Satellite.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Version 0.76 will be available soon (awaiting approval).

Main feature is adjusting the assembler recipes to use the item being crafted as a blueprint, to avoid the assemblers crafting other items if resources run short.
Also added the Electric Furnace and the Cobblegen-5000
Module Upgrades have been implemented for MM machines, but there is also a bug. I'll have to either wait for a fix (tbh, seems unlikely) or do a work around.
More progress on Space & Beyond* (see below)

Regarding Space & Beyond (Advanced Rocketry) I've discovered that the Data gathering via Satellites is painfully slow (minimum number of Satellites takes 2 hours), and the transmission of the data to the machines that need it is, well, funky and unreliable.
I'm thinking of making a Modular Machine that fills AR's "USB sticks" full of data, then you can manually plug them into the machines that need it (doesn't have to be automated). This will be a big and expensive machine (looking somewhat like a flat radar dish).

Unfortunately programming this data into an asteroid chip still takes about 20 minutes, and there's nothing I can do about that.

The other option is I forget all about Asteroid Mining, and allow visiting the moon, and from there you can get the rare resources. Only down side with that is that it would only be manual mining (mekanisms Digital Miner is locked behind the resources you need to mine). Although I think the IE BucketWheel Excavator can be configured per dimension.

Let me know what you guys think.

K

Kenzi Eris

Awesome, this is what I have been looking for!

Have you considered adding UniDict to deal with the different ore mismatches? The EFab left me copper nuggets, that when I combined back to an ingot, where from a different mod (TechGun) and wouldn't work in the gear recipe.

Reactions: Golrith
K

Kenzi Eris

Though perhaps that's mre of a case of TechGuns also needing to have an integration.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
After a good long think, I've decided to scrap the asteroid mining plans, and stick with the classic of going to the moon for the advanced resources.

It'll be using IE BucketWheel Excavator to obtain these resources, so some major infrastructure will need to be assembled up there. Teleportation will not exist for a while, so multiple rocket trips will be required initially.
The ability to travel other worlds will also be present, but unlocked as "free play mode".

Reactions: LordPINE

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks to feedback from @Kenzi Eris the introduction of MM and the power rebalance, combined with the more expensive Steam/Diesel engine starting power, makes getting that initial red research very difficult.
Totally did not see that.
As a result, I'm going to be buffing the coal generators, and making red research cheaper rf/t wise.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Due to using Discord, missed the announcement here that version 0.77 is available.

M

Myougi

Now Military 2 will unlock StageM012.
StageM011 is unlocked by Military 2?:confused:

I would like to use Redstone Probe connector (IE).
This is Redstone wire with the same function as Redstone Comparator.;)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Now Military 2 will unlock StageM012.
StageM011 is unlocked by Military 2?:confused:

I would like to use Redstone Probe connector (IE).
This is Redstone wire with the same function as Redstone Comparator.;)
I'll take a look at those stages.

Redstone Probe Connecter, never used it, so in my ignorance I must have "disabled" it - I'll look at that too.