Manufactio - Minecraft/Factorio hybrid

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Version 0.86:
Added Building Gadgets, StackUp, LootTableTweaker, LootBags and Expandable Inventory

Changes:
Restructured the quest book a little, first starting research all under one chapter now
Red Research now correctly 80 RF/t
Mekanism Logistic Pipes now available after Automation 3 instead of Automation 4
Mekanism Logistic Pipes no longer require Purple Research
Removed the IE Assembler from the research due to incompatibilities with CraftTweaker recipes
New recipe for Low Density Structure
Stack size now 100 for most items
Lootbags added for extra reward from mob hunting/farming
Toolbelts now a research option found under Exotic Military and Tech
Building Gadgets now a research option found under Exotic Military and Tech
Silo's research renamed to Modular Storage. Also now unlocks the Shipping Container and Shelving Unit from MagneticCraft
Various recipe fixes and other stuff I cannot remember!

As usual, many thanks to you the player, and big shoutout to those doing vids and visiting the Discord channel.

S

Schili_

The drills produce pollution even when they are "off" and without fuel

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The drills produce pollution even when they are "off" and without fuel
Yes, that's right.

I'm limited to how much integration I can do between mods regarding the pollution. Best option if you have drills you are not going to use for a while is to break one of the blocks so the drill deforms.

C

cimix2000

I'm having troubles making the laboratory work. It starts and when it's about at 10-15% it stops. I can't understand why; it's my fault or it's a bug?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm having troubles making the laboratory work. It starts and when it's about at 10-15% it stops. I can't understand why; it's my fault or it's a bug?
If using version 0.86 (the latest), you need 2 coal generators wired to to the Lab using IE LV wires, connectors and relays. All the MM machines require a minimum RF/t to craft. If they do not receive enough power, they will keep eating the power but not do any crafting progress.

C

cimix2000

I tryied as you said. it still blocks at 20-25%. I don't know what else to do...

C

cimix2000

The site doesn't let me upload the screenshot... Even if it's only 2Mb... As more the game has started lagging and crashing... i think i ll have to leave this pack... T-T

C

cimix2000

Is there an email where i can contact you directly? So i can show you by a video too. Now it went up to 70%. But when it stops it makes the science pack disappear. I'm in crysis...

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is there an email where i can contact you directly? So i can show you by a video too. Now it went up to 70%. But when it stops it makes the science pack disappear. I'm in crysis...
You can catch me (and other players) on my discord

C

cimix2000

I solved the lab problem using 5 coal generators. Now, I was looking for a place to set up a "Base" but (in my opinion) there are too much of that alien structures to have some more free place to build a big base. So I think that it would be nice to make that spawn less often.
If possible, a mod like the ore miner could help player to farm faster a specific type of block. For example i love to have a basalt and marble house, so oreminer would help mining those 2 blocks. As more, the tree mod is awesome.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I solved the lab problem using 5 coal generators. Now, I was looking for a place to set up a "Base" but (in my opinion) there are too much of that alien structures to have some more free place to build a big base. So I think that it would be nice to make that spawn less often.
If possible, a mod like the ore miner could help player to farm faster a specific type of block. For example i love to have a basalt and marble house, so oreminer would help mining those 2 blocks. As more, the tree mod is awesome.
There's about a 16 chunk radius on spawn that's free of the aliens. The idea is that they are an extra challenge to your expansion.
5 coal generators sounds like version 0.85. Latest version 0.86b only 2 are required.

C

cimix2000

There's about a 16 chunk radius on spawn that's free of the aliens. The idea is that they are an extra challenge to your expansion.
5 coal generators sounds like version 0.85. Latest version 0.86b only 2 are required.
So alien's spawners should spawn with a distance of 16 chucks one form the other? I can't find neither a 4 chunck free area...
And i'm actually playing with 0.86b, so i'll try again with only 2 generators and i'll let you know

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Should be only 80rf/t for the red science.

No, 16 chunk clear radius from spawn. Then the various alien stuff spawns in (spires, mounds, chorus plants)

C

cimix2000

Should be only 80rf/t for the red science.

No, 16 chunk clear radius from spawn. Then the various alien stuff spawns in (spires, mounds, chorus plants)
Oh, yeah. Now i see it. The lab only need 2 gens now. Thanks for helping. Go on with this pack, i'm loving it XD

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Version 0.87 has been submitted to Curse

Removed StackUp, causes issues with late game automation
Updated quest book, should remove the "lag" from completing quests
Added Mob Grinding Utils
New Research: Endergenic Generator (found under Exotic Military & Tech)
New Research: Mob Mashing (found under Military after Turrets)
New Research: Hell Forge (found under Processing after Advanced Machine Processing)
New Research: Logistical Sorting (found under Logistcs after Logistics 3)
Completed Research: Digitial Crafting
Completed Research: Digital Upgrades
Challenge Task Basic Control Circuits now available
Challenge Task Conveyors now available
Challenge Science Pack recipe changed
Added planned Energy Cube research to Nanotech chapter
Powered Lanterns are now unlocked by Optics (for existing worlds, do /gamestage add @p C004 )
For resource pack users, new texture for Husk

D

Donahue

How close do you think you are to a 1.0 release? I am interested in this for my next pack, but I am wondering if I should wait until the 1.0 comes around?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
How close do you think you are to a 1.0 release? I am interested in this for my next pack, but I am wondering if I should wait until the 1.0 comes around?
TBH, not sure. I'm in effect in the final stretch for the end game implentation, but what's available already provides a lot of gameplay content.

I've got to release a small update soon, a few derps and bugs cropped up in the latest version (nothing major, just annoying), and it appears that there may be a major issue with my plans for end game that will need a overhaul, but I need to investigate further. Thankfully the area affected is "optional".

ViperZeroOne

Jul 29, 2019
I've been working on putting Manufactio into an server environment so it can be played multiplayer, like Factorio can, but I keep running into a problem where the quest book is completely blank.

I've tried coping over the data from the DefaultQuests.json into the world's QuestDatabase.json but the file keeps reverting to a blank (aka no quests) state. I've also tried going admin on the server to edit the quest book directly and "import" the DefaultQuests.json file, but that doesn't work either. Everything else seems to work beautiful, but as you know the quest book is basically a requirement of this mod pack.

Any ideas how to get it working server-side?