[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Not techreborn.. The ic2 explosions and transformers.
Ah I see, apologies. Yeah, if you can disable the explosions and allow picking up of the items with any tool without breaking, I'd say go do it - its your game after all! Both of those are annoyances, but the tool one for me is a particular tedium - it doesn't make it more fun or interesting, just bloody annoying. I suppose the only up side is that the electric wrench isn't too expensive, but even still - if you're GOING to make people have to use a tool to get things, to also make that tool take damage or use energy is something I just can't see eye to eye with. Its a design decision I can respect, but I don't have to agree with it.

Q

QuintinStone

I wouldn't - I believe at least one TechReborn machine is required for progression - the electrolyser.
I know he clarified he meant disabling the explosions and tool requirements, but wanted to add info on what TR machines are needed to progress to the endgame, having just gotten to the Creative Age myself.

The TechReborn machines can all run on IC2 power. Most can use any tier of power, the tooltips aren't accurate, though a few require LV or they explode. (This info from this guide, which may change as updates are released: https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/670z2l/age_of_engineering_review_and_walkthrough/)

From TechReborn, the Industrial Grinder, Industrial Centrifuge, Industrial Electrolyzer, Industrial Blast Furnace, Rolling Machine, Fusion Reactor, and Vacuum Freezer will be needed to progress through all ages. TR fusion coils will be needed to make Draconic basic crafting injectors. Technically you can do without the Vacuum Freezer if you want to get the creative vending upgrade without achieving the last age and trophy. It gives you tungstensteel needed for the Angel Ring and elite Mekanism machine upgrades. The Freezer requires an ice shard that comes from Icy Bees, so the sooner you start bee breeding the better.

(There are other bee types that give ice shards, however they can only be bred during certain times of the year IRL, which I find extremely silly.)

Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, Icy and Glacial bees are some of the easiest bees to breed, once you have Imperial and Industrious bees. I understand that those might be what is painful about bees to some people.

Just saying that it's nothing like trying to breed Withering bees, or getting the Nether bees to breed when it's so easy to lose Cave Dwelling, and thus be unable to breed in the Nether. Hell, I'd be happy just to get Iron bees that don't switch to Metallic or Aluminum after one lifecycle.

So yeah, Icy bees are a piece of cake.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
@ErnstLustig
Suggestions: Make the Draconic Reactor be able to output all kinds of energy, you late late game all power generator.
Add Gendustry to pack.. make it require like Mica. No one really likes bees.

G

GoMine1968

Nether bees to breed when it's so easy to lose Cave Dwelling
The key to the nether bees is to go up to just under the roof (or clear upwards) so there is only bedrock above... this counts as transparent and so there are no issues with the cave dweller stat. I quite like bees for the background - having the wax capsules so I have store fluid without take is nice, so example I automated a IC2 solar distillery by putting in a stack of water 1 side and empty on the other - you can just leave and forget - there is always enough distiller water when you need it.

G

GoMine1968

I actually like the IC2, Compact/advanced Solar and Advanced Generators combo - gives you a fare amount of flex on building aggregated machine setups. I get around the components (wire etc) using a set of draws to just batch craft them and store. With pulling upgrades you and use an input crate and set up a load of batches and forget. There seems to be are more longevity in building up set-ups in IC2 than other mods where you build one block and you are done. I wish they would build more mods in the way where a machine is several blocks and varying the combination can configure and optimise it - that plus inserted components give a huge ability to tinker around, adding multiple optimums for different in/out desires is also good. I use bees for rubber (ie centrifuge stick prop.). I did try to get the IC2 crops going but I don't get these.. do they work yet in this 1.10 version?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
The key to the nether bees is to go up to just under the roof (or clear upwards) so there is only bedrock above... this counts as transparent and so there are no issues with the cave dweller stat. I quite like bees for the background - having the wax capsules so I have store fluid without take is nice, so example I automated a IC2 solar distillery by putting in a stack of water 1 side and empty on the other - you can just leave and forget - there is always enough distiller water when you need it.
No no no, for bees you want to go above the bedrock, easy place to do it and you can use like artificial caves.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Can you strip the enchantment using the actually additions lens?

I tested the Thermal Binder with Electric Pickaxe and was unable to put more than 5 Fortune Upgrades into it. So if there is a way to get Fortune X in this pack, I haven't found it yet.

Q

QuintinStone

I did try to get the IC2 crops going but I don't get these.. do they work yet in this 1.10 version?
I fed rubber saplings and a steady supply of tree taps into an Ender IO farming station for my resin. That's the slow and steady method. Faster is to plant rubber trees, fertilize, harvest, and toss the wood into an IC2 Extractor. Rubber trees take fertilizer extremely well. The EIO farming station won't chop down rubber trees though, but I didn't try other machines like the ones from Actually Additions, Forestry, or Progressive Automation.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
As someone else mentioned, a byproduct of investing some time into bees is that Industrious bees will set you up with a ton of Propolis, which converts into resin. I took down my Rubber trees because they are so pointless now.

L

Long McThunderStick

This may be posted but does age of engineering allow extra utilities 2 to craft iron drums and their tiers

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to auto-harvest Ender Lilies in Age of Engineering? Neither the EnderIO Farming Station or the Garden Cloche will harvest them.

G

GoMine1968

Is there a way to auto-harvest Ender Lilies in Age of Engineering? Neither the EnderIO Farming Station or the Garden Cloche will harvest them.
I have same issue with the Extra Util 2 Red Orchids, end up running through a field and doing it manually now and again. I know the Actually Additions farmer does not do these - they added it as a 1.11 feature. A nice to know for the Red Orchids is the fortune enchantment seems to effect how much redstone you get when right clicking, don't know if this work on other things - I know in vanilla it does if you break a crop (although something like wheat it only effects the seeds). My biggest hold back is I am in a huge desert / plains area and I cannot find any snow... there does not seem to be any way to make it - time to explore again. I am also having issue with journey map resetting post update to latest pack does to seem to want to take the old file. Personally I find that going to the end and sitting in a 2 high area means I can quickly butcher enough endermen with a looting sword to take back a draw full of pearls... it just seems easier.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You might be able to use an extra utilities scanner which could detect when the lily is fully grown and pulses an actually additions block collector. Then pipe the the lily back to a actually additions block placer and the pearls to storage.

Haven't tried it though. Seems a bit heavy to use three 'machines' to harvest one block.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
You might be able to use an extra utilities scanner which could detect when the lily is fully grown and pulses an actually additions block collector. Then pipe the the lily back to a actually additions block placer and the pearls to storage.

Haven't tried it though. Seems a bit heavy to use three 'machines' to harvest one block.
Seems overly complicated. Extra Utils mechanical user, infinite right click. Minecart hopper underneath. Gg.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Seems overly complicated. Extra Utils mechanical user, infinite right click. Minecart hopper underneath. Gg.

Won't it break the lily before it's fully grown?

EDIT: Just realised - right-click rather than left - didn't know you could right-click the lilies!

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I have same issue with the Extra Util 2 Red Orchids, end up running through a field and doing it manually now and again. I know the Actually Additions farmer does not do these - they added it as a 1.11 feature. A nice to know for the Red Orchids is the fortune enchantment seems to effect how much redstone you get when right clicking, don't know if this work on other things - I know in vanilla it does if you break a crop (although something like wheat it only effects the seeds). My biggest hold back is I am in a huge desert / plains area and I cannot find any snow... there does not seem to be any way to make it - time to explore again. I am also having issue with journey map resetting post update to latest pack does to seem to want to take the old file. Personally I find that going to the end and sitting in a 2 high area means I can quickly butcher enough endermen with a looting sword to take back a draw full of pearls... it just seems easier.

It's easier to farm Endermen only because there doesn't seem to be anything to harvest Ender Lilies. On the other hand, walking down a line of fully grown Ender Lilies holding right-click every few days seems easier than going to the End and fighting Endermen. :)