[1.10.2] Sprout

creamocrop

Jul 29, 2019
My guards (minecolonies) lose their weapons AND armor every time I load my game.
Also, where can I "scavenge" armor frames (silent's gems)? I need a couple of iron suits to finish my level 5 guard tower (minecolonies).

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
You can buy armor frame grab bags once you have completed the prerequisite quest. I've not seen equipment disappear from my guards, but thanks to Immersive Engineering Powered Lanterns, they're mostly just for show, so I don't check up on them often.

creamocrop

Jul 29, 2019
You can buy armor frame grab bags once you have completed the prerequisite quest. I've not seen equipment disappear from my guards, but thanks to Immersive Engineering Powered Lanterns, they're mostly just for show, so I don't check up on them often.
Thanks for responding. Those grab bags don't help, they mostly give non-vanilla armor, and iron coins can run out quick when you're trying to get 2 complete sets of vanilla iron armor.
I'm looking to get armor frame so that I can craft my own to give to the builder for the level 5 guard house. Yes, those lamps are great!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for responding. Those grab bags don't help, they mostly give non-vanilla armor, and iron coins can run out quick when you're trying to get 2 complete sets of vanilla iron armor.
I'm looking to get armor frame so that I can craft my own to give to the builder for the level 5 guard house. Yes, those lamps are great!

My suggestion for Vanilla Iron Armor would be an old fashioned mob farm. Zombies drop it occasionally, particularly if you set up something connecting to the bottom of a Roguelike Dungeon (that can net you diamond armor drops occasionally as well!). The Silent's Gems Frame Grab Bags won't drop Vanilla armor, but they get used for Silent's Gems Gem Armor, which is decent armor that can be repaired quite easily.

creamocrop

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion for Vanilla Iron Armor would be an old fashioned mob farm. Zombies drop it occasionally, particularly if you set up something connecting to the bottom of a Roguelike Dungeon (that can net you diamond armor drops occasionally as well!). The Silent's Gems Frame Grab Bags won't drop Vanilla armor, but they get used for Silent's Gems Gem Armor, which is decent armor that can be repaired quite easily.
Sounds good. I did get about 5 pairs of vanilla iron boots from those grab bags, but everything else was Custom NPC's mod items.

creamocrop

Jul 29, 2019
Follow-up: With my Dragon Scale Armor and Supercharged, rare sword, I went deep into a dungeon and did find the iron armor that I needed. Thanks @Inaeo

Guard Tower level 5, sandstone, is complete and looks beautiful.

*My supercharged sword was a very rare drop BTW, that I got from an Ender I/O mob farm.

Reactions: Inaeo

creamocrop

Jul 29, 2019
rtkllu.jpg
[/IMG]
rtkllu.jpg

Where do we find Carnelian (Silent's Gems)?
I'm trying to make the "Power" enchantment token for my bow.

G

GalenDudek

I am totally loving this mod pack. But I have one minor issue I am hoping someone out there can assist me with. While trying to get through Astral Sorcery, I noticed that I cannot seem to place iron ore blocks (needed to get star metal). Out of curiosity, I attempted to place a gold ore block and again, couldn't place it. One other thing I noticed after mining. I have two partial stacks of iron in my inventory, but they wont stack together.

Someone help please?!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I am totally loving this mod pack. But I have one minor issue I am hoping someone out there can assist me with. While trying to get through Astral Sorcery, I noticed that I cannot seem to place iron ore blocks (needed to get star metal). Out of curiosity, I attempted to place a gold ore block and again, couldn't place it. One other thing I noticed after mining. I have two partial stacks of iron in my inventory, but they wont stack together.

Someone help please?!

The Mining skill will net you additional ore drops when mining. To prevent exploit, the extra gains cannot be placed (I imagine they have a unique metadata, which explains why they won't stack). Try the other stack, or maybe try having a machine like a Mechanical User place it. If you find you can place one stack, but not the other, place an order from the placable stack in a Storage Drawer, lock it, then add the rest - this should unify them.

G

GalenDudek

The Mining skill will net you additional ore drops when mining. To prevent exploit, the extra gains cannot be placed (I imagine they have a unique metadata, which explains why they won't stack). Try the other stack, or maybe try having a machine like a Mechanical User place it. If you find you can place one stack, but not the other, place an order from the placable stack in a Storage Drawer, lock it, then add the rest - this should unify them.

Wow! Thank you!! TBH this is my first time playing modded MC. Your advice helped immediately! I shall build a shrine in your honor! All citizens of my world will bow down and leave blood sacrifices of their first born to the great god Inaeo!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Wow! Thank you!! TBH this is my first time playing modded MC. Your advice helped immediately! I shall build a shrine in your honor! All citizens of my world will bow down and leave blood sacrifices of their first born to the great god Inaeo!

Y'all gonna make a dude blush.

Btw, pics or it didn't happen. :p

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I kill a dragon, instead of poofing and dropping loot like any other mob, it just lays down at 0 HP, and sticks around like that FOREVER. I've got a red dragon half sticking out of my house. I can't figure out how to harvest it or get rid of it, and the Ice and Fire in-game documentation isn't helping. What on earth do I do with dragons?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Left and right click simultaneously and you'll harvest it bit by bit. It took me a bit to figure that one out myself.

Reactions: Jetsetlemming

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! So weird that that isn't documented (at least not in an easy to find way, for something so unavoidable for the mod).

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I have killed about 15-20 dragons so far and I'm not sure even one of them has been a fair fight (for the dragon). They almost always get stuck in something, unfortunately. But, that's on the person that made Fire and Ice.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The AI for Fire and Ice dragons is pretty weak, to be honest. Not as much on the pack as the mod itself, but seeing as the dragons are such an easy way to make coins, it does affect the pack, particularly Scavenger Mode, in a dramatic way. Being able to cheese surface dragons makes accessing higher tier armors much more attainable than they potentially should be.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten a couple crashes today from
"Exception ticking world
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate id value for 15!"
which implies maybe two mods are conflicting, maybe? "id value of 15" seems super vague to me, since it doesn't even tell you what table it's looking at and finding a conflict on. I'm guessing it's conflicting entities of some sort because of the "EntityJoinWorld" part on the next line of the crash report. It mentions "VillageCollection" a bit below that, but that could be a generic thing that handles a bunch of stuff for all I know. I'm not familiar with how Minecraft mods do things, I just have general experience from programming in reading crash reports. :p
Something I've noticed in the game is that Actually Additions is spawning its jam salesman house in villages, but Minecraft Comes Alive is overwriting the jam villager. That could be something, or a red herring (though should also maybe be addressed).

Here's the two crash reports on pastebin. Hope this helps find the problem!
https://pastebin.com/4wxAHV1E
https://pastebin.com/0L8URQPn