[1.10.2] Sprout

YT|LMoBtRiX

Jul 29, 2019
Nice modpack, i liked to play Regrowth now I have a new modpack to upload to youtube. THANKS!

First episode of Sprout

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
First off - I'd just like to say I'm loving this pack so far. Having a bit of trouble with Level Up! though - Try as I might, even when I am prompted to Choose a Class, hitting the L key doesn't do anything. I've read variuos posts around the internet and just can't seem to find a solution for this. I checked the controls to see if there were any conflicts - Levels was taking the L key, so I changed it to something else, but still no joy. I checked through the config files but saw nothing there about key binding.

Has anyone else had this problem (is it a problem? Am I just doing it wrong?) and has found a solution?
Default keybind is semicolon for Level Up!

Reactions: Inaeo
R

Ripandslash

If anyone is looking for a dedicated server for Sprout we have one, the IP is play.ftb-mp.com:25567
We do plan to be resetting the map soon when new players start coming in so everyone has a fair chance at loot and such.

Reactions: Inaeo
O

Oliver Iliffe

I've seen Iskall85 play this, but for some reason my pc cannot handle it... I am running a 3.5GHz CPU with 8GB of single channel ram (soon to be 16 dual) and 4160 MB dedicated RAM for my GPU (motherboard intergrated, intel hd graphics 530) why can't I run sprout? please help.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to move the difficulty meter? It's covering my food bar so I don't know how hungry I am till I'm starving. I'm not even sure which mod it belongs to.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo... I made my base way out in the middle of nowhere, away from all npcs. I was under the impression that I'd get to found my own town... for some reason. Is that not a part of this mod?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo... I made my base way out in the middle of nowhere, away from all npcs. I was under the impression that I'd get to found my own town... for some reason. Is that not a part of this mod?

Starting your own town is done courtesy of MineColonies. Either the supply ship or supply camp will get you the tools to begin, and placing your Town Hall will definitely the town's borders. You will need the NPCs to gain quests and earn coins for trading (especially if you're in Scavenger Mode), so keep that in mind when chosing a location, as resetting your town borders will likely require deleting progress and beginning anew (with OP commands being executed).

Edit: ToAsgaard uses MineColonies in his first few episodes. It gives a pretty good idea of what to do and how to get started. I'm linking Ep.1, but I don't think he actually gets started until Ep.2. Either way, it's a decent watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shiphty

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Inaeo, thank you for your response on my second question, it was very helpful. But do you know anything about my first question? I'd like to move the difficulty bar so that it doesn't obscure my hunger bar. I don't know which mod it belongs to so I don't even know where to begin looking for answers.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Inaeo, thank you for your response on my second question, it was very helpful. But do you know anything about my first question? I'd like to move the difficulty bar so that it doesn't obscure my hunger bar. I don't know which mod it belongs to so I don't even know where to begin looking for answers.

I'm not sure what mod adds it, or how to change it's location, but I would start by looking into RPG-hud. I've not had any issues with the placement, but all my testing has been with the initial release version so far. Hoping to change that as soon as my new fan is installed (pack likes to run at 90°C with my old dead fan, so...).

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet another question. I've accidentally placed my town hall...
I didn't use the dang tool... I forgot. How do I reverse this? I wanted a stone town hall but I think they're going to build a wooden one. I've just spent a couple real days searching out the best place for my town, clearing the land, et cetera... is there a way to tweak the building (construction hasn't started yet) or reverse the decision or am I just borked? If so... MAJOR failing on the part of minecolonies. I am downcast.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo... I went into creative mode (I made a backup save) and broke the town hall block. Then I went to build another one using the building tool. But it only gives the option for sandstone, wood, or mesa. I saw stone townhalls online... is that not a thing? I'm also not sure that the townhall is going to take since I already had one placed... but I kinda want a stone one and I wanted to tweak where it was placed.

Edit: The creator of the mod said that he didn't make a stone variant of the town hall building.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone is wondering... after I broke the townhall block (in creative mode and before construction had begun) I was able to begin building a new town hall (I cheated in a new block). Perhaps all is well? We shall see.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone is wondering... after I broke the townhall block (in creative mode and before construction had begun) I was able to begin building a new town hall (I cheated in a new block). Perhaps all is well? We shall see.
From my experience, you can break and replace the Town Hall block, but the town borders respect the original placement rather than the new one should you move it. This has to be addressed using OP commands to delete your town, then it refreshes when you replace the Town Hall. If you're placing it in the same location (or close enough to not matter), you should be alright.

Reactions: Shiphty

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I placed it in almost the exact same location... only facing the opposite direction.

I can't seem to fire my current builder though... she was automatically picked even though there's a much better qualified builder in my populace. Can't hire him, can't fire her. Must be affirmative action. Stinking feminists.

Edit: I figured it out. I had hiring on auto instead of manual.