FTB Beyond Release

UrMagus

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, also, I love your mod packs. I'm running a few servers at home through my provider's router using No-IP to point a domain name at me. I've got a few friends playing on them and we use Discord for chat. Mining and building has gotten me though a lot of life crap, so I just wanted to say thank you to the FTB devs and all the mod devs.

Except Gregtech. He sucks. Where's all the iridium???? </troll>

UrMagus

Jul 29, 2019
@CoolSquid, is minecraftred another one of those janky repost sites that nobody should ever, ever use?

UrMagus, read the first comment in the comments section of that page :p

I did not know fake news existed in this community like that. I have only one response:

No memes

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Everlasting2

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
W

White Knight Leon

Anyone seeing a sever lack of Lapis in the pack. Been mining about 7 hours and no Lapis yet could just be unlucky but

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I must ask, because in my experience 1.10.2 hasn't run the best for me in SSP even through my modpack development endeavors. How did you guys get this running so well? Like what did you do to debug and such? It would be wonderful to know so I could use such methods myself. :)
A lot of the credit goes to forge and the developers, but I do spend a fair bit of time profiling and disabling things that are not needed that yield a significant performance boost or changing certain particle affects that will not be missed, and so on.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
would it be possible to also add WAILA and companion mods? or is there perhaps a gamebreaking mod for these in the current pack?
I really favor WAILA and the companion mods for it's configurability for the functions and GUI
WAILA gave us a lot of crashes during testing and support was almost non-existent at that time so we moved over to TOP by McJty.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bother yaw again, but I took a look at the Environmental Tech Miner as well as the Quantum Quarry. They both mine from the "void". Again, DFQ, I assume this means there will be zero trace that a quarry had run its paces, and this was done to improve performance/rendering of those massive holes in the ground? I'll shut up after this question promise.
rftools' builder has a quarry card, if you prefer old school quarry mechanics feel free to use that in the mining age :)

Reactions: Everlasting2

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
The mod devs of ProjectRed are working to come up with a solution to re
Project Red relies on FMP. That's it.

The problem is it's not intuitive to have panels and multipart stuff from Chisels and Bits that won't work with stuff like Red Alloy Wire or covers and panels from FMP.
The ProjectRed devs are working on a solution to this, but it is complex and may take some time.

UrMagus

Jul 29, 2019
Another stupid question, and I wouldn't ask a "why don't you have XXX mod in the pack?" question if it weren't for it being Biome's a Plenty that I'm asking about, which I thought was kinda a standard one to add first to any given pack. So, no biomes?

Reactions: Pickypicky
E

eobie

You can add Realistic Terrain Generator. Server-side only so it won't affect any client joining.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone keeping a tally on the number of people who ask for their favorite mods to be added in the first 24 hours of the pack being released?

I have a lot of (fake) money on this.

Guys, if your favorite mod isn't in the pack, its almost always going to be because of a performance/stability problem, or because there's another mod that does most of the same stuff.

(Granted I'm a bit surprised as BoP myself but I'm guessing its got issues)