Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What are the commands/switch mode options of Gravisuite? Can't figure it out, so can't charge my Advanced Diamond Drill with the Advanced LapPack since it doesnt transmit the energy from one to another...
They aren't working... I set them to H (Display hud) F (fy key) from the GraviSuit options. I click them in game, in inventory and nothing happens... That mod is really really bad coded...
What exactly are you trying to do?

In order to charge a IC2 style tool you need to wear a chest armour that recharges them. This counts the different wearable battery packs as well as the armours from Gravisuite.

Gravisuites Lappacks also have the option to recharge an chest armour(which in turn charges your tool) while it is inside your inventory. To toggle this behavior hold it and press (default) M + Rightclick.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I built a Tier 5 Draconic Energy Core Thingy a few days ago. When I mouse-over the sphere of the core itself, I see that it can store around 59 billion RF. However when I mouseover an energy pylon it reports that it can contain 2.14 (2^31) RF. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be somehow upgrading the pylon?

My major concern is that my reactors shut down when that pylon reports 90% capacity.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I built a Tier 5 Draconic Energy Core Thingy a few days ago. When I mouse-over the sphere of the core itself, I see that it can store around 59 billion RF. However when I mouseover an energy pylon it reports that it can contain 2.14 (2^31) RF. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be somehow upgrading the pylon?

My major concern is that my reactors shut down when that pylon reports 90% capacity.
Pyure, as it turns out that value is actually just the throughput of the energy core. I'm not sure why it appears like a maximum capacity.

To determine the true maximum capacity of the energy core itself, you can use a comparator receiving a signal from an energy pylon. It will give you a reading in 1/15ths. Be advised that until your energy core is at least 1/15th full, the comparator will continue to read out 0 signal strength. You should be able to use this signal to rig up a new SR Latch setup and switch your energy sources on/off accordingly.

HTH

Last edited:
Reactions: Dentvar
A

AwwsomePanda

New member with a simple question. After installing a mod pack do i need to update all the mods?
Because its says there are new updates available for a few mod. And i dont know if updating them wil cause problems with the other mods.
Its the UltimateQuestpack modpack. Hope someone can help me. ^^

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
New member with a simple question. After installing a mod pack do i need to update all the mods?
Because its says there are new updates available for a few mod. And i dont know if updating them wil cause problems with the other mods.
Yes and no. If you know what you're doing (if you're new then you probably don't), then you can if you want the bug fixes or new features. However you shouldn't mess with updates if you are new to modded mc, or if you want to play in a server. The pack dev will update the mods when they see fit (usually once they've been tested for compatibility)

A

AwwsomePanda

Thank for the quick response! . Im kinda new to modded minecraft so i wont be updating. Well let the adventure begin then :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Short answer: you're usually fine to just ignore the warnings unless you run into a specific problem and you find its addressed by a fix.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Find this packs thread and see what it fixes. That is if the pack compiler makes change logs.
Don't rush in to updating but don't withhold either.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Also, remember to backup your save before updating. This allows you more room for mistakes. If the update goes well, sweet.if not, just restore the mods to their previous version and your world will be safe.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
The only resource packs that cover a good amount of mods are:

• F32
  • Soartex
  • John Smith Technical Remix
  • Unity
  • Sphax

Am I missing any? Was looking for something new/different.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Also, remember to backup your save before updating. This allows you more room for mistakes. If the update goes well, sweet.if not, just restore the mods to their previous version and your world will be safe.

Also remember that a pack is a more complex configuration than a single mod, and may contain compromises in version level to ensure compatibility. A pack has been tested with the mod versions included, while a new mod may, for example, require a newer forge version that would break other mods.

Reactions: Ashendale

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Also remember that a pack is a more complex configuration than a single mod, and may contain compromises in version level to ensure compatibility. A pack has been tested with the mod versions included, while a new mod may, for example, require a newer forge version that would break other mods.

This... so much this....

One mod can update, but it's compatibility with either Forge, or other mods in the pack may be broken. Best to just wait until the entire pack updates.

Hell, if you load up old packs (1.64 packs) the mods will tell you new versions are available.. those new versions are for 1.7 or even 1.8... No bueno if you try to update those.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This... so much this....

One mod can update, but it's compatibility with either Forge, or other mods in the pack may be broken. Best to just wait until the entire pack updates.

Hell, if you load up old packs (1.64 packs) the mods will tell you new versions are available.. those new versions are for 1.7 or even 1.8... No bueno if you try to update those.

I haven't seen the older pack thing on Curse Voice so much, but then I've not tried manually updating packs beyond when the loader informs me of a whole pack update. I do have to update Veinminer manually since I added it myself :D

However, I have experienced issues with individual mods while building experimental packs from scratch to test said mods using MC 1.8.9... Curse seems to sort the mod list based on the versions of MC and Forge you use, and sometimes a 1.8.0 or 1.8.2 mod is listed as compatible when it isn't, but 1.8.9 compatibility may be an assumption on the part of the mod author that I'm not using the newer Forge version.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This... so much this....

Actually, Curse only checks for new updates within the same MC version.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
There a guide anywhere to how the wiki works? Wandered by looking to add pages and recipes for some of the masses of misc items for gregtech but the thing is a mix of a dozen templates and localization tags I've never seen before.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So anyone know of a good 1.8.9 pack, preferably one with TiCon because I wanna learn this new system better.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
How do I play FTB offline?

I just got my pc set up at my new house and I can't use CAT45 (Ethernet) to connect anymore. I don't have a wifi dongle just yet, so I want to play my infinity expert mode instance offline. I read that offline play was supposed to be supported back in 2012 but it's just complaining about auth being possibly down.