Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You need a light level of 12 to stop the blazes from spawning. The old trick in vanilla was to using lava on top of an extended piston. Retracting the piston would let the lava flow and turn the farm off. Look up Ethos old vanilla blaze farm tutorial if you are interested.

V

Viperion

Redstone Lamps and Lava produce the same amount of light (15). And lava is noisy and sets stuff on fire :p

More seriously though, the room is only 4 blocks tall, so the lamps at ground level are still giving light level 12 (directly below them) and the torches I would have thought made the rest of area *more* than light enough. Will check the light levels again, but I thought with the lamps on it was 12 or more everywhere in that room

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
No this is when I'm still in a rock hut with rock tools and barely scraping by on torches. There's a whole suite of sounds, like a new sword sound, ambient noise, it's probably all part of the same thing. I'm still on vanilla tech.
It's probably that Dynamic Surroundings mod.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is there a way to unload chunks around world spawn? I was thinking of how FTB Utils lets you load chunks, but in reverse...

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I've only used it a little, and mostly on mobile, but I largely prefer Firefox mostly because of Adblock and, as a developer, Firebug.

I have been using UC Browser that has Adblock too, but it buffers on Youtube altough my speed is very good. I'd use CM Browser but it's not compatible with the device I want it on.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Redstone Lamps and Lava produce the same amount of light (15). And lava is noisy and sets stuff on fire :p

More seriously though, the room is only 4 blocks tall, so the lamps at ground level are still giving light level 12 (directly below them) and the torches I would have thought made the rest of area *more* than light enough. Will check the light levels again, but I thought with the lamps on it was 12 or more everywhere in that room

The trick with the lava puts the light source inside of the spawn area so it makes sure all of the air space in the spawn area is at a 12 or higher. Where as the redstone lamps probably have a few squares where the light is less than 12 as you get farther from the light. But maybe with more lamps you can get everything high enough.

V

Viperion

The trick with the lava puts the light source inside of the spawn area so it makes sure all of the air space in the spawn area is at a 12 or higher. Where as the redstone lamps probably have a few squares where the light is less than 12 as you get farther from the light. But maybe with more lamps you can get everything high enough.
Yeah I got it working by lowering it by one and putting torches damn near EVERYWHERE on the floor as well as the redstone lamps. Now when I turn the lamps off I get small amounts of blazes spawning (which is fine by me, I'm not doing anything industrial). When I clean it up I might put redstone lamps in the floor as well so it goes completely dark when I turn them off.

Turns out there's a BIG difference between spawning at light level 7 and spawning at 11!!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is there a guide or screenshot gallery of Thaumcraft 5 research notes yet? I have always been terrible at the mini game and normally brute force it (go go potentia everywhere)

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It's not very helpful for the new version of Thaumcraft even though it says it is. It follows the method of creating a compound aspect to link that worked great in the old game but, in the new game, it just wastes the limited aspects given to you.
Well, you can always disable the aspects you don't want to use/don't have many of, and it will only use those if it have to(can find no other route).

I always do this for stuff I run low on, so I don't have to constantly make new up from primal aspects.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you can always disable the aspects you don't want to use/don't have many of, and it will only use those if it have to(can find no other route).

I always do this for stuff I run low on, so I don't have to constantly make new up from primal aspects.
Oh I got used to creating them because I would sit through 2 stacks of crafting tables through the deconstruction table if I started running low on a few elements and just combine them until I got enough for what I thought was fit for what I might need.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to produce redstone ore in Infinity Evolved? Brainstorming a way to have a renewable source of cinnabar for ore production. There's no Mekanism in the pack, and I'd prefer not to use the MFR laser drill for a change!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Does anyone know of a way to produce redstone ore in Infinity Evolved? Brainstorming a way to have a renewable source of cinnabar for ore production. There's no Mekanism in the pack, and I'd prefer not to use the MFR laser drill for a change!
ender quarry with silktouch upgrade

but thats not renewable however u mention mekinism , last i check it does not have ore collection method that is renewable

the only other method(if u cant use the laser drill from mfr) thats actually renewable (ignoring rftools and mystcraft )is an orechid from botania

Last edited: