Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Computercraft:
For the sake of google... I can´t happen to find the content of the table "GetStackInSlot" returnes.

I know that I can get "GetStackInSlot.name" but I dont know about the rest... and I cant find documentation.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So anyone know of a good 1.8.9 pack, preferably one with TiCon because I wanna learn this new system better.

The only "official" one I know of is FtB Unstable 1.8, but be warned that it's intended to try out new packs as they are released and at times undergoes almost daily updates. Be prepared to delete old worlds often (I delete every world with each update myself) :D

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
The only "official" one I know of is FtB Unstable 1.8, but be warned that it's intended to try out new packs as they are released and at times undergoes almost daily updates. Be prepared to delete old worlds often (I delete every world with each update myself) :D
Well any 3rd party packs? I don't care about deleting worlds and I have a test pack for some of the mods.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
How do I play FTB offline?

I just got my pc set up at my new house and I can't use CAT45 (Ethernet) to connect anymore. I don't have a wifi dongle just yet, so I want to play my infinity expert mode instance offline. I read that offline play was supposed to be supported back in 2012 but it's just complaining about auth being possibly down.
I remember that you can play offline using the FTB client (not sure about curse; maybe offline mode) having logged at least once online to get the tokens saved on the PC.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
I remember that you can play offline using the FTB client (not sure about curse; maybe offline mode) having logged at least once online to get the tokens saved on the PC.
I'm using FTB Client but it doesn't seem to have the auth token. I have it set to remember it though.

EDIT: Fuck it, giant cable to the rescue, trip hazard now though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inaeo

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Computercraft:
For the sake of google... I can´t happen to find the content of the table "GetStackInSlot" returnes.

I know that I can get "GetStackInSlot.name" but I dont know about the rest... and I cant find documentation.

I don't know if this will help. I recently had to change this program to get it to work. But take a look at http://pastebin.com/MrzGBPZB. This was a custom turtle program I wrote to grow AE crystals.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, what the heck is making all these new sounds like the hungry stomach and the heartbeats in FTB unstable? My server mates are doing a thing in dubtrack.fm and it's really interrupting the music. Can't find anything to disable that sounds right.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, what the heck is making all these new sounds like the hungry stomach and the heartbeats in FTB unstable? My server mates are doing a thing in dubtrack.fm and it's really interrupting the music. Can't find anything to disable that sounds right.

Thaumcraft? Maybe you're doing forbidden research.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft? Maybe you're doing forbidden research.
No this is when I'm still in a rock hut with rock tools and barely scraping by on torches. There's a whole suite of sounds, like a new sword sound, ambient noise, it's probably all part of the same thing. I'm still on vanilla tech.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
No this is when I'm still in a rock hut with rock tools and barely scraping by on torches. There's a whole suite of sounds, like a new sword sound, ambient noise, it's probably all part of the same thing. I'm still on vanilla tech.

Without a list of suspects (mod list), it's hard to narrow it down.

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
What's the minimum draw speed on a TiC crossbow? I have a signalum corssbow with 0.25 sec draw speed, but I still have 5 modifiers left from Iguana Tweaks levels.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't.... that a list for the MC ver 1.7 unstable pack?

E: Yeap, it is
Oh god I'm a bundle of sticks. I thought it was the 1.8 unstable. I'm a doof. It's the 1.8 unstable pack it has a list on the launcher, I'm ingame so I can't exactly grab it atm, google is failing me.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm using FTB Client but it doesn't seem to have the auth token. I have it set to remember it though.

EDIT: Fuck it, giant cable to the rescue, trip hazard now though.
If you can get temporary Internet access somewhere, you should be able to download and install MultiMC. It's a third-party launcher that works quite well- and logging in offline mode definitely works.

I've heard of this issue with the FTB launcher before; I'm not sure if they ever did anything about it or not.

My first thought was Vazkii's new ambiance mod, but it doesn't seem to be in the pack. I dunno.

What's the minimum draw speed on a TiC crossbow? I have a signalum corssbow with 0.25 sec draw speed, but I still have 5 modifiers left from Iguana Tweaks levels.
I believe that is the best you can do. You could try placing the crossbow and a couple of redstone blocks in the tool station (without actually taking the bow out and applying the redstone to it), and see if that improves it any.

Signalum crossbow limbs are a little overpowered.

V

Viperion

So I have captured a Blaze spawner using a Diamond Dolly and am trying to set up a Blaze farm. Below is my room I've got setup; all those redstone lamps are on. I'm putting the spawner underneath that piece of cobble on the ceiling. Blazes STILL spawn! How do you stop blazes spawning from these things? I would have that that would be heaps of light....

2016-02-21_18.03.24.png