Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
I tried removing Applied Energistics 2 and Ender IO from FTB Infinity today, and it gave me crash reports saying that these mods were required. Why is that? Most other mods can be removed no problem.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I tried removing Applied Energistics 2 and Ender IO from FTB Infinity today, and it gave me crash reports saying that these mods were required. Why is that? Most other mods can be removed no problem.
AE2 has a few addon mods that you didn't remove that are probably causing the problems. Thaumic Energistics comes to mind; there might be more in there that I don't know of off the top of my head. ExtraCells is another, but I don't think it's in Infinity.

Try removing (or disabling) Thaumic Energistics; if that doesn't fix it, look through the mod list for anything else that sounds like it might be related to AE.

Reactions: Flying Shoe ILR

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 has a few addon mods that you didn't remove that are probably causing the problems. Thaumic Energistics comes to mind; there might be more in there that I don't know of off the top of my head. ExtraCells is another, but I don't think it's in Infinity.

Try removing (or disabling) Thaumic Energistics; if that doesn't fix it, look through the mod list for anything else that sounds like it might be related to AE.
I really should have realized before now that Thaumic Energistics was an add-on for Applied Energistics. That fixed the problem for AE, still working on figuring out why Ender IO doesn't want to be taken out.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I really should have realized before now that Thaumic Energistics was an add-on for Applied Energistics. That fixed the problem for AE, still working on figuring out why Ender IO doesn't want to be taken out.
EnderIO, you say? Hmm... I know MFR has an option to use EnderIO-based recipes and SimplyJetpacks has EnderIO-based versions of all its items, but neither of them should crash if EIO isn't installed.

Upload your crash log to Pastebin or something, and link it here. That should provide more details.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Removed Simply Jetpacks, but MFR is still in.

http://pastebin.com/MSGCYXuC

That crashlog said:
---snip---

at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.setup.recipe.EnderIO.gatherItems(EnderIO.java:69)
at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.setup.recipe.Vanilla.registerRecipes(Vanilla.java:45)
at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.MineFactoryReloadedCore.postInit(MineFactoryReloadedCore.java:770)

---snip---
Looks like MFR's the problem. I know which recipes MFR uses are configurable- I bet this is what happens when it's configured to use the EnderIO recipes, but EnderIO doesn't exist. It seems like they'd handle that a bit more gracefully, though...

Open MFR's config file (which might be in a powercrystals folder inside your config folder), and look for a line that says something about EnderIO recipes. Disable that, then try starting your client again. You may need to enable Thermal Expansion or Vanilla recipes so that you can actually craft the items.

After that, you can probably re-enable SimplyJetpacks.

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like MFR's the problem. I know which recipes MFR uses are configurable- I bet this is what happens when it's configured to use the EnderIO recipes, but EnderIO doesn't exist. It seems like they'd handle that a bit more gracefully, though...

Open MFR's config file (which might be in a powercrystals folder inside your config folder), and look for a line that says something about EnderIO recipes. Disable that, then try starting your client again. You may need to enable Thermal Expansion or Vanilla recipes so that you can actually craft the items.

After that, you can probably re-enable SimplyJetpacks.
It worked, everything is now running fine without AE or EnderIO. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What does the Overgrowth Seed do? Can I get more than one block of Enchanted Soil?
And if you plant a Botania flower on the Enchanted Soil, it'll run at double speed, unless it's a passive generating flower (i.e. a daybloom, nightshade, or hydroangea), in which case it just won't wither away.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I want to expand my current base, but I have met the complexity "limit"(and then some) of the area and performance is suffering. So I have devised a way to almost seamless transition the player to another location when using OpenBlock Elevators.

However I have been racking my brain about where the optimal place to "relocate" this new part of my base to for the best possible performance. The world is hosted on a dedicated server and I am the only one playing on it.
It will all be under ground so landscape etc. does not matter.

• I could create a very simple Mystcraft dimension and place it there. The world would be extremely simple compared to overworld, but would require keeping another dimension open(chunkloaded). It also requires jumping between dimensions and all the performance degradations that accompanies that.
  • The other alternative is to simply relocate it to a far away corner of the Overworld. The Overworld is somewhat complex in that I use ATG+BoP+Highlands world gen as well as Mariculture and many other mods that add worldgen. But it would not require keeping another dimension loaded nor dimension jumping to reach it.

Anyone got any input into which of the two is the better choice? Or is there a third that I have missed?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Void age and the tunnels you were going to dig out then become floating structures, light up the outside to stop mobs there as well and pretend you're underground. Going back and forth is only an issue if you don't restart periodically.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Void age and the tunnels you were going to dig out then become floating structures, light up the outside to stop mobs there as well and pretend you're underground. Going back and forth is only an issue if you don't restart periodically.
Hmm IMO what little I save on a void world compared to a solid, flat world with no populators is not worth the bother of building a large underground structure in the void. "Passive" blocks with very few exposed sides are almost negligible in the grand scheme.

And I don't restart periodically, no need to normally. And would definitely want to avoid it.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm IMO what little I save on a void world compared to a solid, flat world with no populators is not worth the bother of building a large underground structure in the void. "Passive" blocks with very few exposed sides are almost negligible in the grand scheme.

And I don't restart periodically, no need to normally. And would definitely want to avoid it.

It's not the blocks, it's the entities that you'll be avoiding... And entities are by far and away the worst performance hit in minecraft.

Also a new flat world, no populators etc will also create the inter-dimensional memory leak so you'll have to restart anyway