Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It's not the blocks, it's the entities that you'll be avoiding... And entities are by far and away the worst performance hit in minecraft.

Also a new flat world, no populators etc will also create the inter-dimensional memory leak so you'll have to restart anyway
Ofc. But would of course make it eternal day and have no caves to get rid of mobs. And Magnum Torch the rest :)

And yeah that is why I am torn between another dimension and just using Overworld :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do I get the NEI utility icons to show up? Infinity SSP with cheats enabled.
Click the "Options" button, "Inventory", (Hit the "Global" might be needed), Change "Recipe Mode" to "Cheat Mode" or "Utility Mode".

Or I think you can enable the icons for "Recipe Mode" in the same menu.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Ofc. But would of course make it eternal day and have no caves to get rid of mobs. And Magnum Torch the rest :)

And yeah that is why I am torn between another dimension and just using Overworld :p

Would have to get rid of grass to stop passives as well, they eat TPS just as much... Void is easier IMO(well depending on what you're gonna build)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Click the "Options" button, "Inventory", (Hit the "Global" might be needed), Change "Recipe Mode" to "Cheat Mode" or "Utility Mode".
Or I think you can enable the icons for "Recipe Mode" in the same menu.
Doesn't work. *Edit* Now it does. Hm, not sure what I did wrong. I thought I'd tried everything.

Last edited:

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
What can I use to pick up a block of Enchanted Soil? Silk Touch isn't working and turns it into dirt.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Mekanism cardboard box, maybe? I think Practicalities has a thing that might work, too, but I forget what it's called.

I don't think Infinity has those.

You're probably not supposed to be able to. However, frames or Blood Magic's teleposers should be able to move it.

Will see if I have frames and if they work on my test world. But I don't think that will do as I plan on moving from the main land to an island.

zag09

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys i have a question. In Ars Magica 2 i made a spell called Glide that does leap and slow fall. For whatever reason it gives me this Undeads Curse effect when I use it that makes me get hurt by the sun. I am using Mage Quest with Mystcraft, Mo Creatures, BiblioCraft, Biomes o Plenty and Ars Magica 2 installed

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hey guys i have a question. In Ars Magica 2 i made a spell called Glide that does leap and slow fall. For whatever reason it gives me this Undeads Curse effect when I use it that makes me get hurt by the sun. I am using Mage Quest with Mystcraft, Mo Creatures, BiblioCraft, Biomes o Plenty and Ars Magica 2 installed
Sounds like a potion effect ID conflict. Open your Ars Magica config file and change the ID for the slowfall effect to one that's not used.

NEI probably has an option somewhere to dump all used potion IDs into a file somewhere; but I'm not familiar with that particular feature.

zag09

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a potion effect ID conflict. Open your Ars Magica config file and change the ID for the slowfall effect to one that's not used.

NEI probably has an option somewhere to dump all used potion IDs into a file somewhere; but I'm not familiar with that particular feature.
Where in the Ars Magica config do i do that ?

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything in the direwolf20 pack that lets me detect ore? like a helmet that highlights all the ore in a certain distance around my character (even though walls). I could have sworn I had seen this somewhere but can't find it. I need it so I can get ardite/colbalt without spending all day in the nether.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Where in the Ars Magica config do i do that ?
I don't know for sure, but if AM2's config file follows the usual format, there should be a section labeled "potions" or "effects" or something of that nature. Look in that section for an entry whose name is something like slowfall.

Is there anything in the direwolf20 pack that lets me detect ore? like a helmet that highlights all the ore in a certain distance around my character (even though walls). I could have sworn I had seen this somewhere but can't find it. I need it so I can get ardite/colbalt without spending all day in the nether.
The Pickaxe of the Core from Thaumcraft may be your best bet there- last I checked (which was quite a while back) it would highlight any and all "valuable" blocks within a fairly large radius when you right-click it on something. I don't think it tells you what ores it finds, but it does show you where it finds them- so most of what it picks up will probably be quartz, but there will be some Cobalt and Ardite in there, too.

Alternatively, ExtraUtilities' sonar goggles (as opposed to OpenBlocks' sonic goggles) will highlight the edges of all the blocks within its relatively short range that are exactly the same as the one you're looking at, allowing you to see which blocks are different. They could be ores, air spaces, or lava pockets, so it's not as useful as Thaumcraft's prospecting functionality. It also only works in low light levels, which shouldn't be a problem in the Nether.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
There is also the Rod of the Plentiful Mantel from Botania that shows ores.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a buit of trouble on Infinity (I believe I generated the world as 1.10, and it is updated to 1.11.2) finding a Stronghold. I kep tossing Eyes of Ender until they led me to th top of a cliff, where they just hovered. I picked up my TC hammer and dug away don to bedrock... Huh...

I turned on my jetpack and threw a few more, as I noticed they were flying away from bedrock, up to about level 45. I started digging sideways, everwhere. Went into some caves (the big ones, with ravines and whatnot) aaaaaand, I got nothing.

what am I missing?