[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
With regard to your first question, you're probably better off asking in the Tech Support Forum.

Not sure on your second question, but someone else here might know.

For the third one, you're best off leaving the older addons as they are (I'm assuming you mean things like Botania that are inherent parts of Regrowth.)

Yeah, I keep seeing addon out of date and an offer to get the newest version. Thanks for the technical forum link.
I'm trying to setup some permissions through Mcmyadmin and it says to use GroupManager so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience there ?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I keep seeing addon out of date and an offer to get the newest version. Thanks for the technical forum link.
I'm trying to setup some permissions through Mcmyadmin and it says to use GroupManager so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience there ?
Nope, sorry. :(

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys not use permissions with this mod pack ?
I haven't had much need for them, though I've considered it. Was trying to work it out with ServerTools, actually, but it caused issues with ACE and the Mysterious Maps. (That sounds like a detective story)

Reactions: JustHeyo

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had much need for them, though I've considered it. Was trying to work it out with ServerTools, actually, but it caused issues with ACE and the Mysterious Maps. (That sounds like a detective story)
Haha. I just tested out ForgeEssentials and it seems to work well. It also fixes the /help issue I was having and adds the help for a lot of the installed plugins. It also adds a home and back commands as well as a bed command. I haven't fully tested it out but it looks pretty good right now. I'll report back. I'm using 994 http://ci.forgeessentials.com/job/FE/changes

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Haha. I just tested out ForgeEssentials and it seems to work well. It also fixes the /help issue I was having and adds the help for a lot of the installed plugins. It also adds a home and back commands as well as a bed command. I haven't fully tested it out but it looks pretty good right now. I'll report back. I'm using 994 http://ci.forgeessentials.com/job/FE/changes
Hmm... I may need to add that one in.

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
Just be fore warned that it has a lot of options turned on from the start. None of them are game breaking but you may not want your users using the /snow command non stop. It only puts out a little snow but I can see that becoming annoying. Make a few groups like in the tutorial and then deny or allow as you see fit.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Just be fore warned that it has a lot of options turned on from the start. None of them are game breaking but you may not want your users using the /snow command non stop. It only puts out a little snow but I can see that becoming annoying. Make a few groups like in the tutorial and then deny or allow as you see fit.
Hooooo... that's a lot of commands. Fun figuring out which should available to a standard user.

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
You are going to want to remove the worldedit.* from all groups /p group members deny worldedit.*
(members) wold be a group you created yourself.
There is a _GUESTS_ group that is already there. I would use /p group _GUESTS_ deny worldedit.*

This is the essential commands that you are going to use to let a group interact with your world. The set part of the prefix can be left off. It should be /p group members prefix &f[&2Member&f]
/p group create Members
/p group Members prefix set &f[&2Member&f]
/p group Members priority set 10
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.afk
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.bed
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.home
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.home.set
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.motd
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.rules
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.spawn
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Chat.commands.msg
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Chat.commands.r
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Protection.allowEdits
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Protection.allowBlockInteractions
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Protection.allowEntityInteractions
/p user AbrarSyed group set Members

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
You are going to want to remove the worldedit.* from all groups /p group members deny worldedit.*
(members) wold be a group you created yourself.
There is a _GUESTS_ group that is already there. I would use /p group _GUESTS_ deny worldedit.*

This is the essential commands that you are going to use to let a group interact with your world. The set part of the prefix can be left off. It should be /p group members prefix &f[&2Member&f]
/p group create Members
/p group Members prefix set &f[&2Member&f]
/p group Members priority set 10
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.afk
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.bed
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.home
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.home.set
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.motd
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.rules
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.spawn
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Chat.commands.msg
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Chat.commands.r
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Protection.allowEdits
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Protection.allowBlockInteractions
/p group Members allow ForgeEssentials.Protection.allowEntityInteractions
/p user AbrarSyed group set Members

Tyvm

Tatsuran

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft behaves weird. It just requires research points to research something, without mini-game. Bug or feature?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft behaves weird. It just requires research points to research something, without mini-game. Bug or feature?
There is a Thaumcraft config option for that. Check this line in the Thaumcraft.cfg file, I:research_difficulty=0. If the value is -1, that turns off the mini game.

Personally, the dragon is not overly fond of the mini game.

YH&OS

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda, sorta, been waiting for the Agricraft fix (which I think is in 8.3). The dragon is lazy and doesn't want to upgrade the server more than once per quarter (or less).

YH&OS
Ah... Yeah, I am looking forward to that Agricraft update.

Killham88

Jul 29, 2019
Where can i get my mechanist reputation, I really want to star AEE. In the faq it says you have to complete most quets in chapter five, I've completed all of them an my mechanist rep is only 62.

Also, how do I unlock the thaumcraft quests, I had them unlocked before I updated. I have tried holdning all the shards and gold ore. I have also tried making an iron wand which somebody else suggested (which I hadn't done before unlocking the quests in my previous save). I also don't have the quests for the thaumcraft plants in the life of the world which I had before updating. Help plz

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Where can i get my mechanist reputation, I really want to star AEE. In the faq it says you have to complete most quets in chapter five, I've completed all of them an my mechanist rep is only 62.

Also, how do I unlock the thaumcraft quests, I had them unlocked before I updated. I have tried holdning all the shards and gold ore. I have also tried making an iron wand which somebody else suggested (which I hadn't done before unlocking the quests in my previous save). I also don't have the quests for the thaumcraft plants in the life of the world which I had before updating. Help plz
I'm not sure but you might need to hold the shard essence, or possibly shard seeds. Worth a try anyway.