[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Killham88

Jul 29, 2019
Getting greatwood did not help me open up the thaucraft quets, neither did trying to hold everything from alla my chets. Im also wondering how to get to the AEE quets. In the faq it says you have to complete most quets in chapter five, I've completed all of them and my mechanist rep is only 62.

Im also having trouble with the bee and fish quests but I think the answers to those problems can be found by studying the mods. The bees are complaining about wrong climate and/or flowers and the fish are complaining about the tank being to small eventhough I made a huge tank, what does "need 15 blocks of water" mean 15 blocks in all directions? my pool is about 10 by 10 by 10, all is source blocks, filled from the bottom up and the fish feeder is placed floating in (roughly) the middle

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Where can i get my mechanist reputation, I really want to star AEE. In the faq it says you have to complete most quets in chapter five, I've completed all of them an my mechanist rep is only 62.

Also, how do I unlock the thaumcraft quests, I had them unlocked before I updated. I have tried holdning all the shards and gold ore. I have also tried making an iron wand which somebody else suggested (which I hadn't done before unlocking the quests in my previous save). I also don't have the quests for the thaumcraft plants in the life of the world which I had before updating. Help plz
You need the rep to 70 and I havnt completed all quests in chapter 5 so I think there must be some other rep lurking around the place. I'll be digging out another cavern to house the systems this weekend on livestream for sure

Killham88

Jul 29, 2019
You need the rep to 70 and I havnt completed all quests in chapter 5 so I think there must be some other rep lurking around the place. I'll be digging out another cavern to house the systems this weekend on livestream for sure
Chapter 5 says 100% complete, where else would I be able to get the mechanist rep? I haven't gotten far down the witchery questline and the fish and bees . I haven't (succesfully) fought the Gaia guardian and there is one book (no accounting for taste) that I havent made but part from that I've done all I can do. Thaumcraft is onlocked but doesn't have any quets, eferything after the thamcraft quets is locked

Gabor Garami

Jul 29, 2019
A tip about Certus Quartz: this is not a hard-coded progression pack, you can make a certus quartz seed even if you did not reached the matching quest in the questline. If you check the NEI, the most problematic part is the Certus Quartz essence, but that can be obtained by looting Gravestone dungeons or using Loonium from Botania to get random Dungeon chest loots (also with lesser chances Pechs can trade it with you for gold blocks, so do not kill them, instead name them with a name tag, and fence them around with a stone wall to prevent escaping). If you have one essence and all other ingredients that NEI shows you, you can start creating and improving Certus seed regardless your questbook. At some point, you'll have to hold one seed (with ANY stats) to complete the seed quest.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Feature. thephoenixlodge disabled the minigame in Thaumcraft's config file.
FYI, this was accidental. I hate 'easy mode' research as it makes the research table near useless. I had only turned on easy mode for the purposes of some creative mode testing of the sequence of unlocking some research, and forgot to turn it off before releasing the updates.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Chapter 5 says 100% complete, where else would I be able to get the mechanist rep? I haven't gotten far down the witchery questline and the fish and bees . I haven't (succesfully) fought the Gaia guardian and there is one book (no accounting for taste) that I havent made but part from that I've done all I can do. Thaumcraft is onlocked but doesn't have any quets, eferything after the thamcraft quets is locked
How much have you done How the World Embraces?

Ozzymud2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, almost ruined world #2... Lit a piece of netherrack next to some cracked sand. Cracked sand seems to burn?!? This time I quickly opened to lan and allowed cheats... /gamerule doFireTick false

This fixed it although it feels like cheating. I have seen this issue only a couple of times on the web so far. Anyone have a clue as to getting cracked sand to be not flammable? My other world has a max view distance of fire surrounding me, I suspect a lava pool lit it on fire so be careful out there :p

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Maybe set up fire-breaks? A few strategically placed trenches or water source-blocks - or even just ordinary cobble. It could be an encouragement to fast-track biome replacements, but I do worry about the possible effect on framerates.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, almost ruined world #2... Lit a piece of netherrack next to some cracked sand. Cracked sand seems to burn?!? This time I quickly opened to lan and allowed cheats... /gamerule doFireTick false

This fixed it although it feels like cheating. I have seen this issue only a couple of times on the web so far. Anyone have a clue as to getting cracked sand to be not flammable? My other world has a max view distance of fire surrounding me, I suspect a lava pool lit it on fire so be careful out there :p
Something's wiggy with your world then, because I just tried to set the cracked sand on fire in my world and nothing happened other than the fire burning out.

Killham88

Jul 29, 2019
A tip about Certus Quartz: this is not a hard-coded progression pack, you can make a certus quartz seed even if you did not reached the matching quest in the questline. If you check the NEI, the most problematic part is the Certus Quartz essence, but that can be obtained by looting Gravestone dungeons or using Loonium from Botania to get random Dungeon chest loots (also with lesser chances Pechs can trade it with you for gold blocks, so do not kill them, instead name them with a name tag, and fence them around with a stone wall to prevent escaping). If you have one essence and all other ingredients that NEI shows you, you can start creating and improving Certus seed regardless your questbook. At some point, you'll have to hold one seed (with ANY stats) to complete the seed quest.
Thank you for the Loonium tip, I got my first qurtz essence quickly, now I just hope to get the second one...